Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If I were to learn Arabic, which dialect should I learn?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If I were to learn Arabic, which dialect should I learn?

So, Arabic is not my mother tongue. Outside of praying, I don't have too great of an interest in learning Arabic. I use it as a liturgical language (for religious purposes).

There are some dialects that sound nice, though, like the Maltese dialect. It's basically a blend of Arabic, Italian, and I think some Sicilian but don't take my word for it. The Moroccan dialect isn't bad either. I like the French inclusion.

Asides from those, which ones sound the smoothest/most gentle on the ears?
    Last edited by doblemonde8; 04-05-20, 06:38 AM.

Originally posted by doblemonde8 View Post
    So, Arabic is not my mother tongue. Outside of praying, I don't have too great of an interest in learning Arabic. I use it as a liturgical language (for religious purposes).

There are some dialects that sound nice, though, like the Maltese dialect. It's basically a blend of Arabic, Italian, and I think some Sicilian but don't take my word for it. The Moroccan dialect isn't bad either. I like the French inclusion.

in shaa ALLAH You should learn Arabe AL-Fushaa( Classical Arabic) because it is the arabic of the Holy Quraan AL-Kareem and you will better understand the Holy Quraan AL-Kareem if you know classical arabic in shaa ALLAH.

If your going to live in an particular arabic speaking country in shaa ALLAH than learn the local dialect of arabic in that particular arabic speaking country,.

Assalamu Alaykom Sister.
    Last edited by ABDEL-ATHEEM; 04-05-20, 06:55 AM.
    ALLAH AL-ATHEEM created everything. Therefore ALLAH AL-ATHEEM created the earth and everything in the earth and created all of the heavens and everything in all of these heavens and created all of the hells and everything in all of these hells and created all of the universes and everything in all of these universes and created everything in between them.

Comment

Egyptian, Saudi, Palestinian, Syrian, Jordanian, Lebanese, Iraqi and Yemeni are the smoothest/most gentle arabic dialects to the ears ma shaa ALLAH.
      ALLAH AL-ATHEEM created everything. Therefore ALLAH AL-ATHEEM created the earth and everything in the earth and created all of the heavens and everything in all of these heavens and created all of the hells and everything in all of these hells and created all of the universes and everything in all of these universes and created everything in between them.

Comment

Moroccan Arabic is one of the most difficult, I would say best to learn fusha(classical) Arabic. For ease after fusha I think that the Arabic of the gulf states, Saudi Qatar Kuwait etc isn't very hard if you already know fusha.

Comment

Originally posted by ABDEL-ATHEEM View Post

Egyptian, Saudi, Palestinian, Syrian, Jordanian, Lebanese, Iraqi and Yemeni are the smoothest/most gentle arabic dialects to the ears ma shaa ALLAH.
          Thank you for your input. I'll be considering these dialects. Of these dialects, which do you think are the most simple to pronounce?

Comment

Originally posted by Obaidah23 View Post
            Moroccan Arabic is one of the most difficult, I would say best to learn fusha(classical) Arabic. For ease after fusha I think that the Arabic of the gulf states, Saudi Qatar Kuwait etc isn't very hard if you already know fusha.
            That makes sense. I guess starting with Classical Arabic might be a good idea.

Comment

Unless you want to learn it for the purpose of speaking to people I would recommend sticking to fusha.

If you learn Palestinian or some other one from that region then you will be able to understand what people are saying in more places because they sound pretty similar.

Jordanian sounds a bit harsh and Lebanese is very cutesy I guess. I like the Syrian accent and find that its very easy to understand.

Khaleeji is a whole other thing. The slang is pretty much much a different language. But the Saudi accent is clearer then other countries in that region.

I can barley understand the Moroccan and Libyan accents so I don't know how to advise on them.

I like the Egyptian accent but it can be very different if you are not used to it. There aren't any other countries that speak in a similar way so it would only be useful there.

Comment

Thank you for your input. I'll be considering these dialects. Of these dialects, which do you think are the most simple to pronounce?
                The Egyptian Arabic dialect is the most simple to pronounce because the Egyptians like to simplify arabic as the Americans like to simplify english.

Assalamu Alaykom

Comment

Originally posted by ABDEL-ATHEEM View Post

The Egyptian Arabic dialect is the most simple to pronounce because the Egyptians like to simplify arabic as the Americans like to simplify english.

Assalamu Alaykom
                  I see.Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by aelmo View Post
                    Unless you want to learn it for the purpose of speaking to people I would recommend sticking to fusha.

If you learn Palestinian or some other one from that region then you will be able to understand what people are saying in more places because they sound pretty similar.

Jordanian sounds a bit harsh and Lebanese is very cutesy I guess. I like the Syrian accent and find that its very easy to understand.

Khaleeji is a whole other thing. The slang is pretty much much a different language. But the Saudi accent is clearer then other countries in that region.

I can barley understand the Moroccan and Libyan accents so I don't know how to advise on them.

I like the Egyptian accent but it can be very different if you are not used to it. There aren't any other countries that speak in a similar way so it would only be useful there.
                    What do you mean by 'cute' for Lebanese Arabic? Do you mean it sounds smooth or singsongy?

Comment

What do you mean by 'cute' for Lebanese Arabic? Do you mean it sounds smooth or singsongy?
                      I guess it just makes you sound a bit spoiled. Its softer then the other accents from that region but in a different kind of way.

Comment

The most widespread and easiest, Egyptian.

For better understanding of the Qur'an see this book

http://download.understandquran.com/...K%20Parekh.pdf

Comment

Working...
                        X