his father was farmer , died when he was around 8 years old
    wa 3umruh ul aan 10 sana

and he is now 10 years old

Leave a comment:

• *muslim*
    replied
    Originally posted by anna2000uk
    hey welcome :)
    We have had a few of these story things in the past if u look @ old threads u can see wat we did before (mainly me and dhakiyya)
    anyway, we should still do another one now with u for more practise :up:

corrections for ur sentence :

Fee madeena sagheera, kaana hunaaka walad saghir jiddan.

the main mistake in ur sentence is that u shudnt say madeenah as sagheerah, cos it means town of the small... and dnt make much sense :p u have 2 have adjective agreement. as for the last part it was ok, i jst tidied up the way u wrote it

ok to continue the story...

..ismuhu Isma'il. Kaana faqeeran jiddan liannahu yateem. sakana waheedan fi wasat al madeena

...named Isma'il. He was very poor cos he was an orphan. he lived alone in the middle of the town

ابوه كان مزارع توفئ عندما كان عمره 8 سنين

his father was farmer , died when he was around 8 years old

Leave a comment:

• .: Anna :.
    replied
    Originally posted by Thought
    Hey guys... lets start a story in arabic. We all add a sentence or two to the story and watch it grow, more importantly I get to learn whole lot of needed vocab. Also translate what you write into english so confused people like me can follow. :up: Ok I'll start... oh and if anyone could correct my terrible grammer and spelling please do (I've been doing this selftought for them most part and wouldnt be surprised to find I missed some very basic concepts in the language).

Fee madeenah alsagheerah, Kaana walad . Huwa kaana saghir jiddan.

(What I tried to say) In a small city there was a boy. He was very young.
    hey welcome :)
    We have had a few of these story things in the past if u look @ old threads u can see wat we did before (mainly me and dhakiyya)
    anyway, we should still do another one now with u for more practise :up:

corrections for ur sentence :

Fee madeena sagheera, kaana hunaaka walad saghir jiddan.

the main mistake in ur sentence is that u shudnt say madeenah as sagheerah, cos it means town of the small... and dnt make much sense :p u have 2 have adjective agreement. as for the last part it was ok, i jst tidied up the way u wrote it

ok to continue the story...

..ismuhu Isma'il. Kaana faqeeran jiddan liannahu yateem. sakana waheedan fi wasat al madeena

...named Isma'il. He was very poor cos he was an orphan. he lived alone in the middle of the town

Leave a comment:

• Thought
    started a topic Group Story

Group Story

Hey guys... lets start a story in arabic. We all add a sentence or two to the story and watch it grow, more importantly I get to learn whole lot of needed vocab. Also translate what you write into english so confused people like me can follow. :up: Ok I'll start... oh and if anyone could correct my terrible grammer and spelling please do (I've been doing this selftought for them most part and wouldnt be surprised to find I missed some very basic concepts in the language).

Fee madeenah alsagheerah, Kaana walad . Huwa kaana saghir jiddan.

(What I tried to say) In a small city there was a boy. He was very young.
Working...
X