The reorganisation of the Arabic forum

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The reorganisation of the Arabic forum

I guess you lot have noticed the new catogories etc and the reference library stuff? If anyone has any comments or thoughts, suggestion etc please let me know and insha allah I will do it for you.

Also.. what are people's thoughts on making the Arabic section a public forum?

Please note... this Classroom area is basically exactly as the old learn arabic area (Well it is that, just renamed ;) ) the others are areas where lessons are posted for reference, and it is moderated, so if you post something in there (ie a lesson) then it comes to me for checkin then i will approve it or change it etc or move to the correct place
    .: Rufaida :.
    .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.
    http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h6...th_Silence.jpg
    “People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
    but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.”
    ~ Ibn Atallah

Ramadan Activities for Children
    <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Originally posted by anna2000uk
    Also.. what are people's thoughts on making the Arabic section a public forum?
    I think it would be very beneficial if was made public, there are people which you will find that want to learn arabic but have only just joined or have less than 100 posts. There may be others who don't join thinking that this subforum don't exist.

This forum can only bring more use and benefit by being public inshaAllah.

I don't frequent it yet though, I just thought I'd mention that as I have seen new members trying to learn on main
    Please Re-update your Signature

Comment

yeah thats what I was thinking...
      .: Rufaida :.
      .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.
      http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h6...th_Silence.jpg
      “People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
      but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.”
      ~ Ibn Atallah

Ramadan Activities for Children
      <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

well if it was public it would have to be closely monitored for people starting off topic political arguments as a result of me saying things like "Ariel Sharon Khinzeer Sameen" :D :D :D :D :D

THat said I do think it would be good for non Muslims that are interested in learning Arabic. You could give it a go and if it doesn't work you can always make it private again :) I can even get people from my Arabic class to come and post here if it was public.
        [CENTER]
        [/CENTER]
        [CENTER]
        [/CENTER]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=dimgray]
        [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

what if we could keep one separate. I mean yes, it's a good idea to make it public for those who have a desire to learn and practice but I really like it closed off for just muslims. Either way, I will still participate wherever it goes :)

Peace
          3:103 And hold fast, all together, unto the bond with God, and do not draw apart from one another. And remember the blessings which God has bestowed upon you: how, when you were enemies, He brought your hearts together, so that through His blessing you became brethren; and [how, when] you were on the brink of a fiery abyss. He saved you from it. In this way God makes clear His messages unto you, so that you might find guidance.

Comment

which part would you like to keep separate sis? the classroom area?
            i think if we have a public and private classroom will b too much (confusing etc all over the place)
            but still havent finished organising the whole place so ppl hav time 2 give their opinions then we will see...

(dhakiyya dnt worry if ppl say wrong things such as uheb sharon they will b banned, the arabic forum is run by muslims and we dont wna let people use it to cause political arguments. I have no problems banning and deleting trouble makers, plus most of the sections except this one are v tightly moderated so nothing will get past me mwhahahaha)
            .: Anna :.

Comment

I don't know, I guess I feel that so long as it's in the muslim section it wont get rowdy and the topics will stay pretty much islamic or mature.

Peace
              3:103 And hold fast, all together, unto the bond with God, and do not draw apart from one another. And remember the blessings which God has bestowed upon you: how, when you were enemies, He brought your hearts together, so that through His blessing you became brethren; and [how, when] you were on the brink of a fiery abyss. He saved you from it. In this way God makes clear His messages unto you, so that you might find guidance.

Comment

salams sis

the decision has been taken to make the forum public, but don't worry as it will be strongly moderated by me (anna, im just on hubbys name). The way I feel is that it is a learning area, and so any one causing trouble, or distracting others from their work must be dealt with :p and feel free to let me know straight away if you see any user as causing a problem in here, they will be sorted out. This is not gonna turn into a place to get rowdy insha allah :D
                respect refugees

Comment

Working...
                X