Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .: Anna :.
    replied
    wa laa antum 3aabidoon maa a3abud - as above, this ayah is repeated in the sura

Leave a comment:

replied
    wa laa anaa 3aabidun maa ta3budoon - And I shall not worship that which you are worshipping.

wa laa - as above
    anaa - "I" - first person singular pronoun
    3aabidun - the singular active particliple of 3aabid. "un" is tanween shown by 2 dammas and not written as a noon. this is because it is the predicate of the sentence subject with no particle to change it default grammatical case
    maa - as above
    ta3budoon - plural 2nd person conj of 3abada

Leave a comment:

replied
    wa laa antum 3aabidoon maa a3abud - Nor will you worship that which I worship.

wa laa - as laa above. wa is simply a continuation particle
    antum - second person plural pronoun (equivilent to plual of anta)
    3aabidoon - the plural of the active participle "worshipper/3aabid" formed in the same way as kaafir mentioned above, formed with sound masculine ending
    maa - as above
    a3abud - 1st person singular conjugation of 3abada as mentioned above

Leave a comment:

replied
    laa a3budu maa ta3budoon - I worship not that which you worship,

laa - a particle to negate a present tense (imperfect verb). it has no grammatical effect on the following verb other than negation
    a3budu - the first person singular conjugation of 3abada (to worship). a form one verb with the middle letter taking damma as its vowel in the present. so the two words together mean "I do not worship..."

maa - maa is also a vague relative particle (kind of equal to ash-shay' aladhy = the thing which) so basically it means "what" or "that which" in this context.
    ta3budoon - the second person plural conjucagion of 3abada. often taa is the prefix for second person (eg anta ta3budu) and an oon ending should always suggest plural

Leave a comment:

• dhak1yya
    replied
    mumtaz :up:

Leave a comment:

replied
    yeah they are coming ok on my brower i copied n pasted from quranfinder.com

maa is also a vague relative particle (kind of equal to ash-shay' aladhy = the thing which) so basically it means "what" or "that which" in this context.

anyway i will insha allah finish 2 explain all the ayahs bc ia some people might find it beneficial i hope :)

Leave a comment:

replied
    qul yaa ayyahul kaafiroon - Say (O Muhammad (Peace be upon him)to these Mushrikun and Kafirun): "O Al-Kafirun (disbelievers in Allah, in His Oneness, in His Angels, in His Books, in His Messengers, in the Day of Resurrection, and in Al-Qadar, etc.)!

qul - say (root qaf waw lam, this is an imperative of that verb qaala which is hollow)

yaa ayyahu - an invocative particle but before addressing somebody. often simpley yaa is used, but when addressing a group or in a formal situation this is more appropriate

al kaafiroon - disbelievers. the active particle of the verb kafara (root kaaf fa ra) which is form 1 hence the active participle pattern of faa3il. the oon is from the sound masculine plural ending

Leave a comment:

• dhak1yya
    replied
    it's so much easier when you can read it :) [edit: I posted this before you posted the translit :) ]

I know why I got the other one mixed up... I thought it had maa in it but I forgot that maa only means "no" in colloquial.... I was thinking "la 3abudu maa ta3abuduun" ???? but I thought it must be wrong

how come the lam-alifs are not coming out as lam-alifs ??? are they coming out right on your browser?

Leave a comment:

replied
    transliteration

qul yaa ayyahul kaafiroon

laa a3budu maa ta3budoon

wa laa antum 3aabidoon maa a3abud

wa laa anaa 3aabidun maa ta3budoon

wa laa antum 3aabidoon maa a3abud

lakum deenukum wa liya deen

Leave a comment:

• Surat Al kaafiroon Grammar and translation break down