Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dhakiyya
    sayarati al qadeemah inkasarat (taa marbutah) fa ashteratu sayara jadeedah
    my old car broke down so i bought a new car (no really it was a 15 year old metro and would've cost £500ish to repair!!) (remember, sayyarah is feminine ;) )

kul al aTfal fee hadhihi (madrasa is feminine, hence, hadhihi) almadrasa ya3arafu surat al faatiha
    all the children in this school know surat al faatiha

Kul yowm ba3da al madrasa, Ahmad, Jihad wa Khaleel yal3ubu qurat al qadam fi hadeeqat (taa marbutah at the end) Ahmad.
    each day after school, Ahmad, Jihad and Khaleel play football in Ahmad's garden
    Please Re-update your Signature

Comment

shukran jazeelan li musa3datikee :love: :love: (thank you very much for your help :love: :love: ) I will try to remember all those things :love:

(Sorry, I feel bad correcting you in a sentence that you're so sweet in thanking me in. However, when you tell a teacher or professor in the future "thank you for your help" they'll be so impressed when you say it right, in arabic :love: So, if you tell your male teacher, you'd say "li musa3datak" (remember, help in arabic is ساعَدَ -verb, and as a noun- the act of helping, it's مُسَاعَدَة ) If this explanation isn't clear, let me know so I can clarify insha Allah ;)

more sentences....

yadhhabu al atfal liziyaara ila jamia3 kabeer fi London
      the children went on a visit to the big mosque in London

aHyaanan ashaahid (ashoof isn't fusha :p ; ashaahid is derived from the verb, "shahida" meaning, to watch, to witness, to view, depending on the context) al tilivizyoon 3arabiy, kanaat abu dhabi aw al jazeera
      sometimes I watch Arabic TV, abu dhabi or al jazeera channel

lahm khinzeer mamnoo3 fil islam wa lakin kethir min alnaas fi Europe yaklu
      pig meat is forbidden in Islam but lots of people in Europw eat it

Comment

:love: shukran ukhti :love: shukran li musa3datikee :love:

al mudarris samaHa aTTula3ab yasama3u al radio fil dars (practical*)
        the teacher allowed the students to listen to the radio in practical lessons

*dunno that word

Jihad shaja3a sadeeqhu Ahmad 3la lu3ub cricket mahu
        Jihad encouraged Ahmad to play cricket with him
        [CENTER]
        [/CENTER]
        [CENTER]
        [/CENTER]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=dimgray]
        [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

:love: shukran ukhti :love: shukran li musa3datikee :love:
          a3fwan :)
          al mudarris samaHa li'atTTula3ab (ya would put the lam before "at'tulab"- allowed for the students) yasama3u al radio fi'doroos al'a3maly (practical*)
          the teacher allowed the students to listen to the radio in practical lessons

*dunno that word

Jihad shaja3a sadeeqahu Ahmad an (you don't even have to include "an"- "alif nuun, if you don't want to) yal3ab cricket mahu
          Jihad encouraged Ahmad to play cricket with him
          a3maly is the word for practical, but i'm not sure if i'm conjugating it correctly- i'll see if I could check up on it for you insha Allah.

Last edited by Ayah; 25-04-05, 03:39 PM.

Comment

It would be: fid'doroos al'a3malilyyah (alif, laam, ein, meem, laam, yaa, taa marbutah) :)

Comment

shukran jazeelan ukhti :love: jayzak Allah khayr :love:

adarras addoroos al'a3maliyya kethir fil shughli (ana mudarrisa 3uluum @ forgot how to say this )
              I teach lots of practical lessons in my job (i'm a science teacher)
              [CENTER]
              [/CENTER]
              [CENTER]
              [/CENTER]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=dimgray]
              [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

jst say duroos not addaroos cs it dsnt reli need definition.

new word cd b suroor = happiness :)
                .: Rufaida :.
                .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.
                http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h6...th_Silence.jpg
                “People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
                but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.”
                ~ Ibn Atallah

Ramadan Activities for Children
                <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

it's not the right thread for new words :love: but I'll use it anyway :love:

ashar bi suroor basabab ma fi shughl al yowm
                  [CENTER]
                  [/CENTER]
                  [CENTER]
                  [/CENTER]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=dimgray]
                  [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

oops... aasifa :embar:

shoo btafa3lee alyawm li 3uTlatil bank holiday? ana fi jaami3ati zawji wa nahnu nadrus lil imtihaanaat.. uhaawil print awraaqal imtihaan lakin yabdoo an kul al printers baaTil
                    .: Rufaida :.
                    .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.
                    http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h6...th_Silence.jpg
                    “People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
                    but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.”
                    ~ Ibn Atallah

Ramadan Activities for Children
                    <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

Working...
                    X