sentence practice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sentence practice

I am writing some sentences with words I need to learn/practice using, can someone correct them please? Shukran Jazeelan lak/i :up: :)

Jihad saa3ada Ahmad ma3 wajibaytu
    Jihad helped Ahmad with his homework (I know there is a case ending way of writing this sentences starting with the word saa3ada but I don't know it )

DHahara feel fil waSaT al shaari3a qareeb bayti
    An elephant appeared in the middle of the road near my house

aTba3 kalimat kethir fi kombyooteri
    I type lots of words on my computer

naaqasha al emir wa al wazeer al harb fil 3iraq
    The prince and the minister discussed the war in Iraq

sa'intakhaba li Blair abadan
    I will never vote for Blair
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=dimgray]
    [/COLOR][/SIZE]

italics is case endings

saa3ada Jihaadu Ahmada ma3a waajibaatihi

ur one was ok, it makes sense fine

DHahara feelun fi wasaTi-sh-shaari3ati, qareebun min bayti

a couple of small corrections, look @ the idafa, plus u shud inc min i think

aTba3u kalimaatan katheeran 3ala(?) kombyootery

not sure abt the preposition

naaqasha al amiru wal wazeeru al harba fil 3iraq(a)

not sure if you should have 3an in there or not? the last one is just picky grammar, u dnt hav 2 inc that case ending

lan antakhibu li Blair(a) abadan
    Use lan bc it is the future negator, so no need for any kind of sa(wfa) or laa :)
    .: Rufaida :.
    .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.
    http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h6...th_Silence.jpg
    “People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
    but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.”
    ~ Ibn Atallah

Ramadan Activities for Children
    <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

shukran jazeelan :love:

here are some more...

how do you do present tense 1st person of pattern 8??? do you stick alif on the beginning... cause there's already an alif there?????

???istamata3 ashoof al tilifizyoon
      I enjoy watching television

at3arrafa sadeeqati 3ala rajul jameel wa lateef li'an tareed zawj
      I introduced my friend to a beautiful nice man because she wants a husband (well I didn't really I just made up a sentence for ta3arrafa 3ala :love: )

takharrajtu min jaami3a Surrey
      I graduated from the university of Surrey

asha3ar bil huzun li'an al bayt al astiqaai' filisteeni takharraba (by) al jaysh al israeeli
      I feel sad because my Palestinian friends' house was destroyed by the Israeli army (bulldozers in fact but I don't know Arabic for bulldozer)
      [CENTER]
      [/CENTER]
      [CENTER]
      [/CENTER]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=dimgray]
      [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by dhakiyya
        shukran jazeelan :love:

here are some more...

how do you do present tense 1st person of pattern 8??? do you stick alif on the beginning... cause there's already an alif there?????

???istamata3 ashoof al tilifizyoon
        I enjoy watching television

As'tamta3 bi'shihaadat at'tilfaaz (or at'tilifizyoon)

at3arrafa sadeeqati 3ala rajul jameel wa lateef li'an tareed zawj
        I introduced my friend to a beautiful nice man because she wants a husband (well I didn't really I just made up a sentence for ta3arrafa 3ala :love: )

change at3arrafa to: a3r'raft
        I introduced: a3r'raft
        She introduced: A3r'rafatnee
        He introduced: A3r'rafanee

I was introduced: At'a3r'raft
        She was introduced: It'a3r'rafat
        He was introduced: It'a3r'raf

asha3ar bil huzun li'an al bayt al astiqaai' filisteeni takharraba (by) al jaysh al israeeli
        I feel sad because my Palestinian friends' house was destroyed by the Israeli army (bulldozers in fact but I don't know Arabic for bulldozer)
        Ash'a3ar bil huzn li'an bayt sadeeqati (or sadeeqi) al'filistiniyya (or alfilisteeni) takharraba min al jaysh al'israeeli.

(PS: I dunno the word for bulldozer either *blushes* )
        Please Re-update your Signature

Comment

Sorry, I just realized I made a mistake in the television sentence... it should be "bi mushaahadat"

Comment

Shukrah ukhti :love:

I'll post some more sentences soon inshallah :love:
            [CENTER]
            [/CENTER]
            [CENTER]
            [/CENTER]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=dimgray]
            [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

A3fwan sis. Keep the sentences coming insha Allah. Just so you know though, I've been having some internet prb lately, but I'll try to stop in if I can, insha Allah, to help out.

~Ayah

Comment

in all the present tense pattern 8, that initial alif of the past is lost, so for I you just add one back as usual eg...

ifta3ala wd go.... 'afta3ilu just as a he one goes yafta3ilu :)
                .: Rufaida :.
                .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.
                http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h6...th_Silence.jpg
                “People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
                but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.”
                ~ Ibn Atallah

Ramadan Activities for Children
                <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

al liSS akhudh kul al dhahab min al bank
                  the thief took all the gold from the bank

qararatu a3alam* 3arabiy
                  I decided to learn Arabic

*I get mixed up with the different patterns on this one
                  [CENTER]
                  [/CENTER]
                  [CENTER]
                  [/CENTER]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=dimgray]
                  [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

al mudarrisa amarat darsha li shughl
                    the teacher ordered her class to work (dunno if "li" is right @ prepositions!!)

ta'akhkhara Jihad min* madrasa li'an kaana yalu3ub qurat al qadam ma3 sadeeqi wa waqa3a wa adha rijlhu
                    Jihad was late for school because he was playing football in the park with his friend and he fell and hurt his leg

* @ prepositions AGAIN!!
                    Last edited by dhak1yya; 20-04-05, 10:12 PM.
                    [CENTER]
                    [/CENTER]
                    [CENTER]
                    [/CENTER]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=dimgray]
                    [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

ta'akhkhara Jihad min* madrasa li'an kaana yalu3ub qurat al qadam ma3 sadeeqahu wa waqa3a wa adha rijlahu

Jihad was late for school because he was playing football in the park with his friend and he fell and hurt his leg
                      Last edited by Ayah; 21-04-05, 05:31 AM.

Comment

al mudarrisa amarat darsha li shughl
                        the teacher ordered her class to work (dunno if "li" is right @ prepositions!!)
                        Here, are you trying to say "darsaha" for "her class?" If that's the case, you should actually use the word "fasl" (faa, saad, laam) for class and say, "almudarrisah amarat faslaha yishtaghalu," or you could use the word students, which, in arabic, is "tul'laab" (hard taa, laam, alif, baa), and say "The teacher ordered her students to work" --> Almudarrisah amarat tul'labaha yishtaghalu.

PS: If indeed you were using the word "dars" for class, it sounds like she's ordering her "lesson" or "lecture," depending on the context of course, to work. Either way, it doesn't sound right. However, the word "fasl" is more appropriate to use. Anyone correct me if I'm mistaken :p

Comment

al liSS akhadha kul al dhahab min al bank
                          the thief took all the gold from the bank (saariq- saad, alif, raa, qaf, is more commonly used for the word thief; however, liss- laam, saad, is also correct)

qararatu a3alam* 3arabiy
                          I decided to learn Arabic

How about: qarartu at'a3l'lim a3raby. (note: the word for learn is تَعَلَّمَ
                          and the word for teach is عَلَّمَ hence the reason for putting "t" before the "3")
                          *I get mixed up with the different patterns on this one
                          Last edited by Ayah; 21-04-05, 05:50 AM.

Comment

shukran jazeelan li sa3eedik :love: :love: (thank you very much for your help :love: :love: ) I will try to remember all those things :love:

more sentences....

yadhhabu al atfal il ziyaara ila jamia3 kabeer fi London
                            the children went on a visit to the big mosque in London

aHyaanan ashoof al tilivizyoon 3arabiy, kanaatu abu dhabi aw al jazeera
                            sometimes I watch Arabic TV, abu dhabi or al jazeera channel

lahm khinzeer mamnoo3 fi islam wa lakin kethir min naas fi Europe aklhu
                            pig meat is forbidden in Islam but lots of people in Europw eat it
                            [CENTER]
                            [/CENTER]
                            [CENTER]
                            [/CENTER]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=dimgray]
                            [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

sayarati al qadeem inkasara fa ashteratu sayara jadeed
                              my old car broke down so i bought a new car (no really it was a 15 year old metro and would've cost £500ish to repair!!)

kul al aTfal fil hadhha madrasa ya3arafu surat al faatiha
                              all the children in this school know surat al faatiha

Kul yowm ba3da al madrasa, Ahmad, Jihad wa Khaleel yal3ubu qurat al qadam fi hadeeqa Ahmad.
                              each day after school, Ahmad, Jihad and Khaleel play football in Ahmad's garden
                              [CENTER]
                              [/CENTER]
                              [CENTER]
                              [/CENTER]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=dimgray]
                              [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Working...
                              X