wayn Anna? wa wajibayt aS3ab :(

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by baba

(btw, this is Anna as usual just didnt log back into my name ;) :love: )
    LOL, I was like, "wow, either baba has been hiding his arabic skills for awhile, or anna is quick on teaching" :p
    Please Re-update your Signature

Comment

Originally posted by Ayah
      LOL, I was like, "wow, either baba has been hiding his arabic skills for awhile, or anna is quick on teaching" :p
      his arabic is good masha allah... look this is him :

(i will make him type).....

kayf haalukum ya shabaab! tazawajtu qabla thalaatha usaabih! hadha mumtaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaz!

see he is the best :p
      .: Rufaida :.
      .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.
      http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h6...th_Silence.jpg
      “People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
      but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.”
      ~ Ibn Atallah

Ramadan Activities for Children
      <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

aaaaaawwwwwwww blesssssssssssss :D :D :D :love: :love: (yes I understood it :D)

What's arabic for "aww bless!!" (like aww mabrook??? that's the root to do with blessings?)
        [CENTER]
        [/CENTER]
        [CENTER]
        [/CENTER]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=dimgray]
        [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

:rotfl: @ anna & baba :p

The root word for mabrouk is "baraka" (baa, raa, kaaf). However, I'm not quite sure about what brits mean when they say things like, "aww, bless." LOL! D'ya mean, "aww, bless you?" If so, you'd say, "aww, baarak Allahu feek (or feeky)." Subhan Allah, it's amazing how in arabic, it wouldn't make sense to just say "bless" alone.
          Please Re-update your Signature

Comment

I think "aw bless" comes from "aww bless his/her heart" when someone does something really nice, or something reeeeeeeeeeeeeally cute (like little tiny children trying to do salat :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: or husbands saying/doing :inlove: :love: things for their wives) Some people use it slightly sarcastically or say something like "aww, bless his/her little cotton socks" when someone does something silly, in a kind of naive/innocent way. but most people mean it like its short for "bless his/her heart" Of course with baba writing that I mean it the first way :D :D :D
            [CENTER]
            [/CENTER]
            [CENTER]
            [/CENTER]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=dimgray]
            [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

lol... may wen we see the cute/nice things in arabic we cn jst say aww masha allah :p :love:

:D

(this is anna btw)
              respect refugees

Comment

yes :love: masha'Allah :love: :love: :love:
                [CENTER]
                [/CENTER]
                [CENTER]
                [/CENTER]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=dimgray]
                [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

so how is ur hmk going then? did u get it done...

ohhh btw, i got ur answer fone message i jst forgot abt it bt yeah ia cn sponser... if we meet up some tima ia i cn give u somethin rather than post?
                  ~ Ibn Atallah

<button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

aaaaaaaaah, its the message I missed :up: + @ me!!!

here's the latest homework assignment and its really hard... we have to write about friendship! and I can't even remember the vowel marks for the word friendship

anyway, here it is, could you (and/or anyone else who reads this first!!) help me with the phrases I can't translate and correct any mistakes shukran jazeelan lakum :love: jayzak allah khayr

Sadaaqa.are the vowel's correct?

Sadaaqa, hiya jameela wa maham kethir lil sa3aada an naas. bidoon asdiqaa', mu3aDHim min an naas yaSeeru waheed wa hazeen I know these adjectives should be pluralised but I don't know the plurals and the dictionary doesn't have them wa lakin laazim sadeeq jayyid. al sadeeq alkhaada3 akhadh linafshu kul al waqt wa qaddama qaleel muqaabil. he takes advantage of the good nature of others wa lakin mata asdiqaa'hu yasta3eendunno if that's an appropriate word for modern Arabic, huwa la mawjood. Al sadeeq al khaada3 is worse than having no friends at all

Alasdiqaa' alSalaHeen mabrook min Allah. wa laazin a3atana bihum wa da'iman be sadeeq lihum.
                    [CENTER]
                    [/CENTER]
                    [CENTER]
                    [/CENTER]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=dimgray]
                    [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by dhakiyya
                      aaaaaaaaah, its the message I missed :up: + @ me!!!

here's the latest homework assignment and its really hard... we have to write about friendship! and I can't even remember the vowel marks for the word friendship

anyway, here it is, could you (and/or anyone else who reads this first!!) help me with the phrases I can't translate and correct any mistakes shukran jazeelan lakum :love: jayzak allah khayr

Sadaaqa.are the vowel's correct?

Sadaaqa, hiya jameela wa maham kethir lil sa3aada an naas. bidoon asdiqaa', mu3aDHim min an naas yaSeeru waheed wa hazeen I know these adjectives should be pluralised but I don't know the plurals and the dictionary doesn't have them wa lakin laazim sadeeq jayyid. al sadeeq alkhaada3 akhadh linafshu kul al waqt wa qaddama qaleel muqaabil. he takes advantage of the good nature of others wa lakin mata asdiqaa'hu yasta3eendunno if that's an appropriate word for modern Arabic, huwa la mawjood. Al sadeeq al khaada3 is worse than having no friends at all

Alasdiqaa' alSalaHeen mabrook min Allah. wa laazin a3atana bihum wa da'iman be sadeeq lihum.

Hmmm... I think I understand generally what you are saying, I will try and help with it ia as much I can :)

firstly for your title you have to make it definite (add AL) (as a rule always do this with verbal nouns unless you really mean just one specific thing (like one visit) not with the concept ones like "friendship". The vowelling will go like this...

aS-Sadaaqatu
                      Alif, lam, Saad (shadda fatha) daal, alif, qaaf (fatha) ta marbuta (damma)
                      sorry i cnt remeber 2 do the vowels on arabic keyboard
                      الصداقة

AlSadaaqa(tu), hiya jameela(tun) wa muhimma(tun) jiddan li musaa3idat in naas(i). yaSeeru mu3DHim un naas(i) waheedeena wa hazeeneena bidoon(a) asdiqaa'(in), I just gave sound masc plural, although i think grammatically it is not a mistake 2 leave singular bc mu3tham issingle, so depends if you take grammar or logic as more important (prob should do plural for logic) wa lakin yajibu an yakoon alsadeeq(u) jayyidan. al sadeeq alkhaada3 ya'khudhu linafsihi kul al waqt(i) wa yuqaddimu qaleel(an) muqaabil(i think this word needs 2 be written differntly but i am not sure how exactly). he takes advantage of the good nature of others wa lakin lamma/Haythu yaHtaaju asdiqaa'uhu ilayhi, huwa laysa mawjood(an). alkawnu bidoona-l-asdiqaa'i aHsanu min Al sadeeq il khaada3(i) (check this sentence, i think it makes sense but must b a better way to say this)

Alasdiqaa' alSalaHeen baraka min Allah. wa yajibu an nu3Tiya ilayhim daa'iman wa nusaddiqu bi maa yaqooloona/nathiqu bihim Is this what you meant? we must always give to them, and belive them (trust them)
                      ~ Ibn Atallah

Comment

we must always look after them and be a good friend to them (but what you said is just as good :up: )

shukran ukhti :love:
                        [CENTER]
                        [/CENTER]
                        [CENTER]
                        [/CENTER]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=dimgray]
                        [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

i forgot what is the word for looking after someone i know it is is my old gcse books... hmm, but be a good friend you can say

wa 3ala-alladhy lahu sadeeq(un) saalih(un) an yakoona sadeeq(an) jayyid(an) lahu

i think?
                          ~ Ibn Atallah

Comment

also some more information if u want to include more ideas and make ur answer longer... include from relevant ahadith eg

n an authentic Hadith, the Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.) said: "A person is likely to follow the faith of his friend, so look whom you befriend."(1). The person most noble in character and dealings with fellow humans gave us a very clear message and advice in regard to friendship. We should choose the friend that is satisfied with our Deen and avoid the friend that is displeased with it. Whoever we see and are pleased with his Deen, we should befriend him and whoever we are displeased with his Deen and his manners, we ought to avoid him. There is no good in the companion who does not wish for us (from good) what he wishes for himself. There is also no good in the companion who wishes for us what he wishes for himself, if what he likes for his own soul is leading him towards destruction and Hellfire.
                            treating everybody in a noble and kind manner is required.

In another Hadith, Prophet Muhammad (s.a.w.) said: "The example of a good companion and a bad companion is like that of the seller of musk, and the one who blows the blacksmith's bellows. So as for the seller of musk then either he will grant you some, or you buy some from him, or at least you enjoy a pleasant smell from him. As for the one who blows the blacksmith's bellows then either he will burn your clothes or you will get an offensive smell from him."(2)

Allah, the All-Wise also says: "Friends on that Day will be enemies one to another, except al-Muttaqoon (i.e. those who have Taqwah)." [43:67]

and more from here http://muslimconverts.com/friends/friendship.htm i shudnt jst paste it all, it will b long them
                            ~ Ibn Atallah

Comment

do you know how to say "he takes advantage of the good nature of others"? the dictionary has "take advantage of every situation" but I can't decipher it word for word to change it to takes advantage of others :(
                              [CENTER]
                              [/CENTER]
                              [CENTER]
                              [/CENTER]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=dimgray]
                              [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

hmm... tell me what it gave for that and I will see what I can do :scratch:
                                ~ Ibn Atallah

Comment

Working...
                                X