Word of the Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

fil madrasa, akhadha al mudarisa NAJM ila Ahmad li'an 3amala kethir :love:

in the school, the teacher gave Ahmad a star because he did lots of work :love:
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=dimgray]
    [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by dhakiyya
      anti NAJM :up: you're a star (or should that be anti najma?? )
      yes..it should be Najma

male => najm
      female => najma
      plural => nojoom

let me type some universe related arabic words

the universe = Al Kawn = الكون
      Solar System = Al Nedham Al Shamsi = النظام الشمسي
      sun = shams = شمس
      planet = kawkab = كوكب
      galaxay = magarra = مجرة
      the moon = Al Qamar = القمر
      asteroid = Nayzak = نيزك
      My toughest fight was with my first wife.

Muhammad Ali Clay

Comment

fi magarra kethir fil kawn fi nujoom kethir fil magarra. Fi najm wa tisa3a kawkab ( pl?) fil nedham al shamsi, wa nayzak (belt) wa qareeb min kawkabi hunaka al Qamar, wa laking bijanib Jupiter fil qamar kethir.

corrections please :D
        [CENTER]
        [/CENTER]
        [CENTER]
        [/CENTER]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=dimgray]
        [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

I just saw part of an Arabic film with french subtitles and it was boy was I confused...... I get french and Arabic mixed up as it is, my brain simply didn't know what language to attempt to process the input in!
          [CENTER]
          [/CENTER]
          [CENTER]
          [/CENTER]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=dimgray]
          [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

:start:

:salams

fil madrasa, akhadha al mudarisa NAJMA ila Akhee Nasser li'an 3amala kethir :love:

in the school, the teacher gave Brother Nasser a star because she did lots of work

Is that right? :)

:salams
            Allah and His angels call down blessings on the Prophet . O you who believe! call down blessings on him and ask for complete peace and safety for him :inlove: (33:56)

Comment

I just saw part of an Arabic film with french subtitles and it was boy was I confused...... I get french and Arabic mixed up as it is, my brain simply didn't know what language to attempt to process the input in!
              same happened to me today in french class.....good part is it sometimes helps me remember stuff, for instance today we were learning random verbs and "casser la jambe" (to break the leg) came up, and im like oh i can remember that cause "yikassar" means to break in arabic
              Please Re-update your Signature

Comment

oooooooooooh i never noticed that one! it's quite interesting because my Arabic teacher doesn't speak french and I've spotted a few words like the french like Arabic for "to buy" is very similar to "acheter" (I forgot the Arabic )
                [CENTER]
                [/CENTER]
                [CENTER]
                [/CENTER]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=dimgray]
                [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by Al-Nasser
                  عفن means rotten!!

must in fus-ha mean = Yajib = يجب
                  *Embarassed* Actually, a3fan means rottenness. It's the noun form, whereas, "ma3affin" means rotten. But anyway, this is besides the point. When I looked up "must" at one of the links provided here, to translate from english to arabic, that word was the match for must :shock: so, I too, was a bit surprised. I thought maybe it's just slang :scratch: and that it means "must" in fus'ha , so I was a bit confused about it. I'll provide the link for you all to check it out, so ya can be assured that I'm not wacko :p

~Ayah

Comment

http://www.arabsgate.com/tarjm.htm

Type in must and tell me what comes up... ;)

Comment

oooooooooooh i never noticed that one! it's quite interesting because my Arabic teacher doesn't speak french and I've spotted a few words like the french like Arabic for "to buy" is very similar to "acheter" (I forgot the Arabic )
                      to buy = ishtaraa / yashtaree

fil madrasa, akhadha al mudarisa NAJM ila Ahmad li'an 3amala kethir
                      fil madrasati, a3aaTat al mudarrisatu NAJMan ila Ahmad li'annahu 3amala kethiran

mainly jst added case endings bt the main correction is that u cnt really say akhadha, it means 2 take not to give, and give is a3aaTaa / yu3Tee

fi magarra kethir fil kawn fi nujoom kethir fil magarra. Fi najm wa tisa3a kawkab ( pl?) fil nedham al shamsi, wa nayzak (belt) wa qareeb min kawkabi hunaka al Qamar, wa laking bijanib Jupiter fil qamar kethir.
                      I think its a bit confusing the way you have written this with so many fee every where lol so i wd change some to "hunaaka" or "thammata" when you mean "there is" and keep the fee jst for "in" bc it wil b clearer in my opinion. the plural of kawkabun i think is kawaakibu, and najm is nujoom but im not sure on all the others, maybe majarra --> majarraat bts its jst a guess
                      .: Rufaida :.
                      .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.
                      http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h6...th_Silence.jpg
                      “People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
                      but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.”
                      ~ Ibn Atallah

Ramadan Activities for Children
                      <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

A3aatat is A3tat, u dont need the 'aa' in there...also (not sure about this but..)instead of ila Ahmad, write li Ahmad?

Comment

:up:

shukran jazeelan ukwatayni ( @ dual for ukhti !!!)
                          [CENTER]
                          [/CENTER]
                          [CENTER]
                          [/CENTER]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=dimgray]
                          [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanyway......... it's a new week and a new word and I think Islamic Girl should choose this week's word :up:
                            [CENTER]
                            [/CENTER]
                            [CENTER]
                            [/CENTER]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=dimgray]
                            [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by cheeky
                              A3aatat is A3tat, u dont need the 'aa' in there...also (not sure about this but..)instead of ila Ahmad, write li Ahmad?
                              you can say ila Ahmed or li Ahmed, a3aTa takes both :D

dhakiyya 4 dual i thnk jst take the singular "ukht" (not the plural)and add either "aani" for if the thing is the subject (marfoo3) or if its th object or something 2 normally take a fatha or kasra as case ending u add "ayni"

so u get ukhtaani, or ukhtayni = 2 sisters
                              .: Anna :.

Comment

Originally posted by Ayah
                                http://www.arabsgate.com/tarjm.htm

Type in must and tell me what comes up... ;)
                                *sniffle* it looks like no one tried it

Comment

Working...
                                X