The letter 'ى'

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The letter 'ى'

This is like an alif (ا) except that it is very short and not a prolonged vowel, if that makes sense. It comes at the end of the word sort of as a short alif.

For example:

على
    صلى

But it isn't the same has having an actual alif at the end of the word where there is an 'aa' sound, for example:

حمّام

Re: The letter 'ى'

:jkk:

Comment

Originally posted by Rifqah View Post
      :jkk:
      و أيكم

Actually can a mod change the title to 'Miscellaneous Remarks of the Arabic Language'?

I have decided I want this to be a general thread whereby I post what I newly learn so that it aids my own learning process and may help others too.

Comment

Originally posted by Morose View Post
        و أيكم

Actually can a mod change the title to 'Miscellaneous Remarks of the Arabic Language'?

I have decided I want this to be a general thread whereby I post what I newly learn so that it aids my own learning process and may help others too.
        i thought you are an arab? yeah this usually something you learn in grade school. You will get there my friend.
        Stop being apologetic to Kuffars!

If I don't engage with you or reply to any of your question, it's likely because I find you racist and a total waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by Abdell View Post
          i thought you are an arab? yeah this usually something you learn in grade school. You will get there my friend.
          Eh? No bro, I'm not.

And here we don't learn Arabic unless you opt to do it as a GCSE/A Level but my school didn't offer it.

Comment

Originally posted by Morose View Post
            و أيكم

Are you participating in the whatsapp Arabic classes? I'm learning via that group. You are possibly far ahead already than where we are in the books.

Comment

Working...
            X