Cool idea to improve elocution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool idea to improve elocution

Although not sure if it will work. Get an auto dictation app of some sort and speak in Arabic and let it dictate for you or maybe even use Siri in Arabic and see how well you are pronouncing things and how you are mispronouncing, and practice until you get it right :up:

Re: Cool idea to improve elocution

Why aren't you mod bro
    The sunnah is like the ark of Noah, whoever embarks upon it reaches salvation and whoever refuses is drowned.
    ~ Imam Malik (may Allah have mercy on him)

Comment

Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
      Why aren't you mod bro
      Because I'm not legit bro :'(

The question is, why aren't you bro? By the way how is your Arabic and tajweed going?

Comment

Legit idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Morose View Post
          Because I'm not legit bro :'(

The question is, why aren't you bro? By the way how is your Arabic and tajweed going?
          Arabic studies are going well alhamdulilah
          Tajweed I need to find a new teacher
          The sunnah is like the ark of Noah, whoever embarks upon it reaches salvation and whoever refuses is drowned.
          ~ Imam Malik (may Allah have mercy on him)

Comment

Time for someone to try it out. :D I'm going to see what Siri is like in Arabic right now.

Comment

Originally posted by lonelyniqabi View Post
              Legit idea.

Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
              Arabic studies are going well alhamdulilah
              Tajweed I need to find a new teacher
              Alhamdulillah bro, that's good to hear. As long as one is going well, that is good news and may Allah make you an expert in both respects!

I take it, it is difficult to happen upon a teacher in your area? If that is the case you could for the meantime find an online teacher in sha Allah?

[MENTION=142244]zitoun[/MENTION] yes do try it for a week or so in sha Allah and report your experience here so if it's a good idea others can try it.

Comment

Ok, Siri in Arabic is really irritating, haha! It only understood half of what I was saying (and my accent is not bad). It must be a bit annoying for all Arabic speakers, since no one speaks in perfect Classical Arabic in everyday life.

Also, if someone is learning and tries to benefit from listening to Siri speaking then they'll end up with some real mistakes. It just pronounced قُلتَ as قِلَت.
                Last edited by zitoun; 03-02-17, 09:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X