Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is yemeni arabic the closes to classical arabic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is yemeni arabic the closes to classical arabic?

I heard this claim, is it true?

Is yemeni arabic the closes to classical arabic?

I would say it is the second after Syrian.
    “Have you seen he who has taken as his god his [own] desire, and Allah has sent him astray due to knowledge and has set a seal upon his hearing and his heart and put over his vision a veil? So who will guide him after Allah ? Then will you not be reminded? And they say, “There is not but our worldly life; we die and live, and nothing destroys us except time.” And they have of that no knowledge; they are only assuming.” Quran 45:23-24

Comment

Re: Is yemeni arabic the closes to classical arabic?

Originally posted by obaid_m View Post
      I would say it is the second after Syrian.
      Is it a fact or your opinion?

Comment

Originally posted by Abarewhite View Post
        Is it a fact or your opinion?
        It's not my opinion. But I was listening to ummah forum radio, and there was a contest and one of the questions was "which modern Arabic accent that is close standard Arabic?" Most of us answered as "Yemeni" but the answer was "Syrian and then Yemeni".

As for your PM, I really don't know much about post islamic history or their views on color.
        “Have you seen he who has taken as his god his [own] desire, and Allah has sent him astray due to knowledge and has set a seal upon his hearing and his heart and put over his vision a veil? So who will guide him after Allah ? Then will you not be reminded? And they say, “There is not but our worldly life; we die and live, and nothing destroys us except time.” And they have of that no knowledge; they are only assuming.” Quran 45:23-24

Comment

Originally posted by obaid_m View Post
          It's not my opinion. But I was listening to ummah forum radio, and there was a contest and one of the questions was "which modern Arabic accent that is close standard Arabic?" Most of us answered as "Yemeni" but the answer was "Syrian and then Yemeni".

As for your PM, I really don't know much about post islamic history or their views on color.
          Pardon me if this sounds rude, but I've heard that some people say none is closest or the answer might vary, so I guess no one really knows.

Comment

Originally posted by Abarewhite View Post
            Pardon me if this sounds rude, but I've heard that some people say none is closest or the answer might vary, so I guess no one really knows.
            Well, there has to be one that is the closet. If you watch Arabic news, they all report in Arabic standard so everyone understand.

Comment

Najdi Arabic is the closest. No contest.
              نحن قوما اعزنا الله بالإسلام فإن ابتغينا عزة بغيره أذلنا الله

Comment

Iraqi
                ~‘And He will provide him from (sources) he could never imagine. And whoever puts their trust in Allah, then He will suffice him. Verily, Allah will accomplish His purpose. Indeed, Allah has set a measure for all things.’~ - سورة الطلاق : 3

Comment

Working...
                X