Stop translating in your head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stop translating in your head

This can go for any language and maybe it becomes like a bad habit but how do you stop translating everything in your head?

This annoys me so much. How can you ever learn a language if you translate back to your first language all the time?
    شَكَوْتُ إلَى وَكِيعٍ سُوءَ حِفْظِي
    فَأرْشَدَنِي إلَى تَرْكِ المعَاصي
    وَأخْبَرَنِي بأَنَّ العِلْمَ نُورٌ
    ونورُ الله لا يهدى لعاصي

Re: Stop translating in your head

Hmm...interesting. I don't think I do this? The opposite, in fact. I understand the words, but sometimes I find it hard to translate them to other people. So it looks like I'm stupid, lol.

Comment

What do you mean?
      If you keep translating correctly from the language you're learning to one you can understand, then that means you're doing well lol.
      Say what somebody can do instead of the haram if you want to help.

Comment

Originally posted by Rumaysah~ View Post
        This can go for any language and maybe it becomes like a bad habit but how do you stop translating everything in your head?

This annoys me so much. How can you ever learn a language if you translate back to your first language all the time?
        This will eventually stop as you use the language more and become comfortable in it.

Comment

You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

Originally posted by Thunderstorm View Post
            What do you mean?
            If you keep translating correctly from the language you're learning to one you can understand, then that means you're doing well lol.
            No. It's bad, you misunderstood what she means.
            You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

Working...
            X