Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about this arabic phrase?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Question about this arabic phrase?


  • #2
    Re: Question about this arabic phrase?

    Originally posted by Abarewhite View Post
    I found this description:

    “When a man is “abyad” (in complexion) without anything of redness (humrah) and it is not radiant but is of the color of plaster/gypsum (al-jiss) then it is “amhaq”. And if it is white (abyad), its whiteness (bayad) being pleasing with yellowish tinge (or radiance) in it like the color of moon and the gems then it is “azhar”. The narration of Anas in the description of the Prophet –peace and blessings of Allah be upon him- (states): He was “azhar” and not “amhaq

    What does ahzar mean in complexion, like what did they mean like a yellowish tinge/radiance? Does it mean an olive skin tone or something else?

    Abu Mansur al-Tha’labi (d. 429 A.H.) writes;
    إذا كَانَ الرَّجُل أبْيَض لا يُخَالِطُهُ شَيء مِنَ الحُمْرَةِ وَلَيْسَ بنَيِّرٍ ولكنَّهُ كَلَوْنِ الجِصّ فَهُوَ اَمْهَقُ. فإنْ كَانَ أبْيَضَ بَيَاضاً مَحْمُوداً يُخَالِطُهُ أَدْنَى صُفْرَةٍ كَلَوْنِ القَمَرِ والدُرِّ فَهُوَ أزْهَرُ وفي حديث أَنس في صِفَةِ النبيِّ صلى الله عليه وسلم: "كان أزْهَرَ وَلَمْ يَكُنْ أمْهَقَ"


    ويقال في البياض أيضا:رَجُل أَزْهَرُ

    And in addition to the above the explanation is in the following phrase in what you posted


    فإنْ كَانَ أبْيَضَ بَيَاضاً مَحْمُوداً يُخَالِطُهُ أَدْنَى صُفْرَةٍ كَلَوْنِ القَمَرِ والدُرِّ فَهُوَ أزْهَرُ
    Watch those eyes

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Question about this arabic phrase?

      I can't read arabic, what does it mean?

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Question about this arabic phrase?

        Originally posted by ZeeshanParvez View Post
        ويقال في البياض أيضا:رَجُل أَزْهَرُ

        And in addition to the above the explanation is in the following phrase in what you posted


        فإنْ كَانَ أبْيَضَ بَيَاضاً مَحْمُوداً يُخَالِطُهُ أَدْنَى صُفْرَةٍ كَلَوْنِ القَمَرِ والدُرِّ فَهُوَ أزْهَرُ
        Also, what does white mixed with yellow mean as used here:

        كَبَكْرِ الُمقاناةِ البَياضَ بَصُفْرَةٍ = غذاها نَميرُ الماءِ غيرُ الُمحَلّلِ

        and here in tafisr al jalalyn by suyuit and it appears in ruhul al mani:

        كأنهن } في اللون { بيض } للنعام { مكنون } مستور بريشه لا يصل إليه غبار، ولونه وهو البياض في صفرة، أحسن ألوان النساء .

        Does it mean olive complexion?

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Question about this arabic phrase?

          In like classical arabic.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Question about this arabic phrase?

            the first sentence

            كَبَكْرِ الُمقاناةِ البَياضَ بَصُفْرَةٍ = غذاها نَميرُ الماءِ غيرُ الُمحَلّلِ

            it seems like two verses from a poem , anyway , it describe the color as the color of a unmarried woman -virgin- that had her white skin mixed lightly with yellow \\\\ and her nutrition is the pure and tasty water
            the second one :
            they ( describing women ) in their color , like the color of the egg of an ostrich and this egg is hidden ( مكنون =as the Pearl described in the Quran كاللؤلؤ المكنون meaning the this egg is hidden under this ostrich as a pearl hidden in the shell ) and the egg is covered with feathers so the dust can't reach it , and its color is white mixed with yellow , the best color of women

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Question about this arabic phrase?

              What does white mixed with yellow mean? The houri's are described as being white skinned so I does it mean white skin with a glow? someone said it means olive tan skin

              Comment


              • #8
                Last edited by Abarewhite; 14-10-16, 08:59 PM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Question about this arabic phrase?

                  Originally posted by mohamdnour1 View Post
                  the first sentence

                  كَبَكْرِ الُمقاناةِ البَياضَ بَصُفْرَةٍ = غذاها نَميرُ الماءِ غيرُ الُمحَلّلِ

                  it seems like two verses from a poem , anyway , it describe the color as the color of a unmarried woman -virgin- that had her white skin mixed lightly with yellow \\\\ and her nutrition is the pure and tasty water
                  the second one :
                  they ( describing women ) in their color , like the color of the egg of an ostrich and this egg is hidden ( مكنون =as the Pearl described in the Quran كاللؤلؤ المكنون meaning the this egg is hidden under this ostrich as a pearl hidden in the shell ) and the egg is covered with feathers so the dust can't reach it , and its color is white mixed with yellow , the best color of women
                  do you know what white mixed with yellow means according to my post below.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Question about this arabic phrase?

                    it's just not white skin like snow it's bright white with kind of yellow , as you can imagine a beautiful woman as the hur , did you understand ..

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Question about this arabic phrase?

                      Originally posted by mohamdnour1 View Post
                      it's just not white skin like snow it's bright white with kind of yellow , as you can imagine a beautiful woman as the hur , did you understand ..
                      Is yellow like glowing, hence the word azhar?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Question about this arabic phrase?

                        Originally posted by mohamdnour1 View Post
                        it's just not white skin like snow it's bright white with kind of yellow , as you can imagine a beautiful woman as the hur , did you understand ..
                        As the houri's are described as being white as almarjan(pearl), which is said to be very white.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Question about this arabic phrase?

                          btw is yemeni arabic the closest to classical? I heard it was but I'm not sure

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Question about this arabic phrase?

                            Can someone please tell me what white mixed with yellow means>

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	6682-3-or-1394130980.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	18.2 KB
ID:	10764307
                              Or like the seashell color is white but mixed with some yellow in it Click image for larger version

Name:	1902944-pearl-on-the-seashell-the-exotic-sea-shell-treasure-from-the-sea.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	10764308
                              Hope that can help
                              Last edited by maryam-happy; 20-10-16, 11:29 PM.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X