help on two sentences...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help on two sentences...

i'm revising from my book and doing translations but I had a couple of things I don't get...

1. laqad addaa ta'theeru-l 3arDHi waT-Talbi fi-s-sooq-il-awroobiyyati-l-mushtarikati ila izdiyaadin saree3in fi taSdeeri-l-baDHaa'i3i-l-almaaniyyati.

the influence of the 3arDH and the Talb has led to a swift increase in the export of german merchandise

my main problem is with arDH and Talb because doesnt that mean Earth and request, and how does that make sense?! does it have another meaning?

2. qaala ra'ees-l-wuzaraa'i-l-bareeTaanee inna taTawwuraati-s-sanati-l-maaDHiyati tubarhinu anna li-dukhooli bareeTaaniya fi-s-sooqi-l-mushtarikati fawaa'ida katheeratan, baynahaa ta'theeri bareeTaaniya 3ala qiraaraati awrooba as-siyaasiyati, mimmaa sayu'addee ila mu3aawinatin maaliyatin lil-wilayaati-l-faqeerati, wa baynahaa ayDHan najaaHi Sinaa3aatinaa fi taSdeeri baDHaa'i3haa ila awrooba-l-gharbiyyati. thumma maDHaa qaa'ilan inna hadha-l-izdiyaada fi tijaarati-l-khaarijiyati huwa alladhy sataqoom 3alayhi kullu muHaawilaatinaa litaHseeni aHwaali-s-sukkaani.

the british prime minister said that the developments of the past year proove that there are many benefits to britains entry of the common market, and among them is the influence of Britain on europe's political and financial decisions, which will lead to financial help for the poor states, and also among them (the benefits) is the success of our industries in exporting it's merchandise to western europe. Then he continued saying that this increase in foreign trade is what all our efforts to improve the conditions of the inhabitants will stand on.

I'm really not sure on the last line of the translation, and I kinda jst guessed bits of it... especially with huwa aladhy sataqoom 3alayhi etc...
    muhaawilaatinaa is the subject of qaama right? because it's in feminine? and I dno whats the meaning of qaama when you have it with 3ala so I made that part up...
    .: Rufaida :.
    .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.
    http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h6...th_Silence.jpg
    “People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
    but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.”
    ~ Ibn Atallah

Ramadan Activities for Children
    <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

:( u know what, if u speak arabic its only gna take u 2 mins 2 just help me with these sentences....

cn someone reply plz?
    .: Anna :.

Comment

you know I'd :love: 2 help you but I have no idea :(
      [CENTER]
      [/CENTER]
      [CENTER]
      [/CENTER]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=dimgray]
      [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by dhakiyya
        you know I'd :love: 2 help you but I have no idea :(
        thats ok :love:

BUMP

Yaa arabs.... plz help me? an-nasser? anyone??
        ~ Ibn Atallah

<button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

[QUOTE=anna2000uk]i'm revising from my book and doing translations but I had a couple of things I don't get...

1. laqad addaa ta'theeru-l 3arDHi waT-Talbi fi-s-sooq-il-awroobiyyati-l-mushtarikati ila izdiyaadin saree3in fi taSdeeri-l-baDHaa'i3i-l-almaaniyyati.

the influence of the 3arDH and the Talb has led to a swift increase in the export of german merchandise

my main problem is with arDH and Talb because doesnt that mean Earth and request, and how does that make sense?! does it have another meaning?
          QUOTE]

Actually, that first letter in "a3rd" is an "ayn," not an "alif," therefore changing the meaning to to "offer." So, "the influence of the offers & requests has led to swift increase in the export of german merchandise." Now does it make sense? :D I'm not sure about the second sentence, but I'm working on it ;)

~Ayah
          Please Re-update your Signature

Comment

Originally posted by anna2000uk
            i'm revising from my book and doing translations but I had a couple of things I don't get...

2. thumma maDHaa qaa'ilan inna hadha-l-izdiyaada fi tijaarati-l-khaarijiyati huwa alladhy sataqoom 3alayhi kullu muHaawilaatinaa litaHseeni aHwaali-s-sukkaani.

Then he continued saying that this increase in foreign trade is what all our efforts to improve the conditions of the inhabitants will stand on.
            This is my best try on that last statement:

Then he continued on saying that this increase in foreign trade is what all our efforts will be focused on, to improve the conditions of the inhabitants.

I hope that helps you out insha Allah. If you ever post a request for help, and the answer to the request doesn't come in as quickly as you need it, don't hesitate to email me since I check my email more often than I come to ummah ;) You should know better anna I don't mind getting zillions of emails from you a day :p

Comment

ohhh :D
              jazakallah sis :love:
              ~ Ibn Atallah

Comment

Originally posted by anna2000uk
                ohhh :D
                jazakallah sis :love:
                wa iyyaky ;)

Comment

Working...
                X