• Show
Clear All

Re: Pronunciation of ق

Originally posted by aynina View Post
    Wa aleiykum salam
    Depends on what language
    In morrocan qul= gul but in egyptian its just ul
    In Egyptian is gul too
    '' WE LIVE IN AN INTERESTING TIME, WHERE THE 'ILM (KNOWLEDGE) OF A PERSON IS JUDGED BY HOW FAMOUS THE PERSON IS.''

- IMAM ANWAR AL 'AWLAQI.

Comment

Originally posted by Silent being View Post
      In Egyptian is gul too
      Are you egyptian?
      Then i guess it depends on regions. My ex in laws were from cairo and certainly never pronounced a ق
      يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Pronunciation of ق

Egyptian accent is sooo sassy. I can't even take them seriously.
        Have you seen he who has taken as his god his [own] desire, and Allah has sent him astray due to knowledge and has set a seal upon his hearing and his heart and put over his vision a veil? So who will guide him after Allah ? Then will you not be reminded? And they say, There is not but our worldly life; we die and live, and nothing destroys us except time. And they have of that no knowledge; they are only assuming. Quran 45:23-24

Comment

Are you egyptian?
          Then i guess it depends on regions. My ex in laws were from cairo and certainly never pronounced a ق
          Nope but I have lived with them.
          '' WE LIVE IN AN INTERESTING TIME, WHERE THE 'ILM (KNOWLEDGE) OF A PERSON IS JUDGED BY HOW FAMOUS THE PERSON IS.''

- IMAM ANWAR AL 'AWLAQI.

Comment

Originally posted by Silent being View Post
            Nope but I have lived with them.
            Me too.
            يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Originally posted by obaid_m View Post
              Egyptian accent is sooo sassy. I can't even take them seriously.
              Lol ikr and the food isnt exactly great either

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Are you egyptian?
                Many Egyptians pronounce ق as ءز
                نحن قوما اعزنا الله بالإسلام فإن ابتغينا عزة بغيره أذلنا الله

Comment

Originally posted by think about it
                  :salams

have you eaten their kushary or fool [beans] or mahshi? specially kushary

:jkk:
                  We Yemenis basically eat the same thing, lmao! We probably adopted that from them.
                  Have you seen he who has taken as his god his [own] desire, and Allah has sent him astray due to knowledge and has set a seal upon his hearing and his heart and put over his vision a veil? So who will guide him after Allah ? Then will you not be reminded? And they say, There is not but our worldly life; we die and live, and nothing destroys us except time. And they have of that no knowledge; they are only assuming. Quran 45:23-24

Comment

XD the sass is what I love most about their accent

Sigh

Comment

have you eaten their kushary or fool [beans] or mahshi? specially kushary

No lol my mum in law always made duck with patatoes and tomatos, and later i found out she made haram duck 0.0
                      I did watch that cook on al nahar and all he made was salads, and one day he had 2 woman over and they had to compeet against eachother and they made minute rice with a whole chicken in the oven.

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Originally posted by n0.n4m3 View Post
                        Many Egyptians pronounce ق as ءز
                        And ظ=ز as well?

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

In non-formal arabic, it is pronounced as 'Ga'

But in formal arabic, it is pronounced as 'Qa' well actually the letter is called "qawf'

I hope that cleared some of it out and Allah knows best

وعليكم السلام ورحمة الله وبركاته

qawf? what's that?

Comment

قاف
                            you spelled it like قوف (qawf)

Comment

I was born in yemen :hidban: and was raised there until I was 2. In Sugutrah to be exact I guess.

From the stories, my parents said that during our time there we mostly ate rice and fish when invited to yemenis homes XD.
                              I haven't been to sugutrah, so I don't know much about them. But if you would go to northern Yemen, you'd see a different way of life and different food. Haha

Comment

قاف
                                Here is a joke about Egyptian that is very accurate.

قريباً......في رمضان الأعلانات المصرية������ . . . . . . . مش قادر تصوم...�� ب تعطش كثير...�� عايز تدخن...�� الحل عندنا...���� بس ب 70 جنيه... ☺ احنا نصوم بدالك شهر كامل و نصلي عنك التراويح...�� و لو اتصلت الان... ح تحصل على ليلة القدر ب بلاش و حلويات العيد كمان...���� اتصل الان على ثلاطاشر سبعطاشر زيرو اتنين و عشرين...���� فقط ب 70 جنيه زائد مصاريف الشحن... اتصل الان مستني ايه... ������������������ تحيه للقلد الصوت��

Comment

Working...
                                X