X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• .: Anna :.
    replied
    Originally posted by dhakiyya
    I also tried to do the "dead parrot" sketch - I wonder if my teacher's seen monty python :p I suppose it depends on how long she's been living in England :D Unless its been translated into Arabic......

qultu anna ashteratu babagha' aSfoor wa akhDar min dakaanakum wa lakin huwa moot! SaaHib ad dakaana qul anna hadha albabagha' laysa moot, huwa naa'im wa qultu ya3ani anna huwa naa'im hata usbu3 al maaDiy!!
    qultu : anna ishteraytu babagha' Safraa' wa khuDHraa' min dakaanikum wa lakinnahu moot! qaalaSaaHib ud dakaana anna hadha albabagha' laysa moot, huwa naa'im wa qultu : ya3ani [/b]annahu [/b] naa'im hata alusbu3 al maaDiy!

Leave a comment:

• dhak1yya
    replied
    I also tried to do the "dead parrot" sketch - I wonder if my teacher's seen monty python :p I suppose it depends on how long she's been living in England :D Unless its been translated into Arabic......

qultu anna ashteratu babagha' aSfoor wa akhDar min dakaanakum wa lakin huwa moot! SaaHib ad dakaana qul anna hadha albabagha' laysa moot, huwa naa'im wa qultu ya3ani anna huwa naa'im hata usbu3 al maaDiy!!

Leave a comment:

• dhak1yya
    replied
    it was supposed to be plural :( forgot about haolaai and adjectival agreement however if I were to pretend I meant it as singular, I've actually made less mistakes, innit dearie dearie me! how is that? (wonder what my Arabic teacher will think??)

Leave a comment:

• Khuzamah
    replied
    Originally posted by dhakiyya
    well I handed this homework in yesterday :)

for the "the professor saysthat " sentence I wrote

al ustadh yaqool anna hadha aTTulaab majnoon! yafa3alu infajaraat fil makhbar kul al wakt wa lam yadrusu!

(forgot how to do the jussive even though we only did it a couple of lessons ago )
    corrections : alustadhu yaqoolu anna hadha aT-Taalib (or haoolaai aT-Tulab majnooneena... depends wat u meant by that, i guess its the singular though?) yaf3alu (or yaf3aloona if u did mean tulaab) infajaraat fil makhbari kullalwaqt wa lam yadrus.

jussive summary :

remove the damma on the end of the verb ie yadrusu -> yadrus
    if it had a long vowel, take it away ie yaqoolu -> yaqul (u replaced with the matching short vowel)
    for verbs with suffix parts u usually take the noon away
    ie : taf3aleena -> taf3alee

:)

Leave a comment:

• dhak1yya
    replied
    well I handed this homework in yesterday :)

for the "the professor saysthat " sentence I wrote

al ustadh yaqool anna hadha aTTulaab majnoon! yafa3alu infajaraat fil makhbar kul al wakt wa lam yadrusu!

(forgot how to do the jussive even though we only did it a couple of lessons ago )

Leave a comment:

• Ayah
    replied
    Originally posted by Khuzamah

laysa cant negate verbs... it negates equational sentences (jumla ismiyya)

and maa fee is slang :p
    Exactly at laysa.. that's what I thought ;) Okey at maa fee, atleast i tried :p

Leave a comment:

• Khuzamah
    replied
    lol i came 2 help u bt it seems everyone already made ur corrections 4 u :p
    as for the laa thing.... laa is a negator for present tense verbs not necessarily as a negative order (imperative) the difference comes in the mood of the following verb :

example:

laa ta'kul = dont eat (the following verb was in the "jussive"... ya3any u put sukoon on the end of it where before that you would write a dama)

laa ta'kulu = you are not eating (verb is in the indicative form of the imperfect)

laysa cant negate verbs... it negates equational sentences (jumla ismiyya)

and maa fee is slang :p

Leave a comment:

• dhak1yya
    replied
    :up: yes I know laysa. My teacher said to use "ma fee" for spoken and laysa hunaka for written :)

Leave a comment:

• Ayah
    replied
    Ya know sis, I was just looking back at an old grammer book of mine, on how to negate sentences that start with nouns, and "laysa" is what's used to do so. Did you study the word laysa yet? Hence, according to this book, the sentence should read:

Laysa ahad ya3raf anna al'emir charles aslam.

Please correct me if I'm wrong anyone. (Ma fee is also right)

~Ayah

Leave a comment:

• Ayah
    replied
    Awww, you're too cute dhakiyya (about repping)

Hmmm.. maybe I'm wrong about "la" :scratch: Sorry if I've confused you.. I tend to do that a lot don't I Maybe someone else can help to clarify, but if that kind of phrase is appropriate to use, then the statement would be right that way.

~Ayah

Leave a comment:

• dhak1yya
    replied
    but the book starts the sentence "la ahad ya3araf............." (you have to complete the sentence) .......is the book wrong?

anyway I shall complete it with "al emir Charles aslam" and ask my teacher about the book :up:

and I'd like to rep you for helping me but it says "you have given out too much rep in the last 24 hours" so I'll have to rep you tomorrow :up:

Leave a comment:

• Ayah
    replied
    "became muslim"= aslam (guy) aslamat (girl)

So, you could say:

"Ma fee ahadun ya3raf an'na al'amir charles aslam"

(ya wouldn't say "la ahad" b/c "la" in this context, at the beginning of a statement, is like an order saying "don't," and hence, would precede a verb. Example: la ta'akulee hadha : Don't eat this)

Leave a comment:

• dhak1yya
    replied
    what's the word that means "to become Muslim"?

so I can say: la ahad ya3araf anna emir charles (became Muslim)

Leave a comment:

• dhak1yya
    replied
    but I've repped you for helping me :) thankyou for repping me :)

:up: thanks for the spellings

Leave a comment:

• Al-Nasser
    replied
    i meant that i will give you the rep point sister :embar:

"is ysawy spelled ya seen waw ya? "

one letter missing...Ya Seen Alef Waw Ya

"yasqoot ya seen qaf waw ta? (is the ta like in tazawaja or Taariq?)"

Ya Seen Qaf Ta'a (ط)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X