No announcement yet.

Homework help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This weeks homework is sentences using anna (that) like a3araf anna (I know that) ya3ani anna (it means that) and I need help on making the following sentences :up:

I have to make a sentence that starts "al astaadh yaqool inna" and I want to say "the professor said that it's amazing how much of the human brain you can remove without actually killing the person" because that's an actual quote from the neuro lecturer at my uni :up: :D

also how do you say "must fall" (as in "must be brought down") for this sentence "kulna nafahm anna (the wall) fi falasteen lazim (fall)" - i do have a word for wall but I think the dots were wrong its jeem/ha/kha, dal/dhal, alif, ra/za - corrections would be useful :)

and how to do you say "one plus one makes two"? like "kul al Taalib ya3arafoon anna wahid wa wahid (makes) ithnayn"?

and also we have to make four of our own and I want to say "David Ike yaDHab* anna lamalika injleezi (is a shapeshifting lizard)" (David Ike thinks tht the queen of England is a shapeshifting lizard :D)

*I forget how to make DHababa into a present tense verb so correct me if this is wrong.

also in class I made this sentence and my Arabic teacher was really impressed :D

Hamaas faazat fil intikhabat fi ghaza, ya3ani anna an naas fi ghaza 3andhum hamaas kethir li hamaas :D
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=dimgray]
    [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

please help me with my homework (see the last post before this one)
      [CENTER]
      [/CENTER]
      [CENTER]
      [/CENTER]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=dimgray]
      [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

when i watched the Batman sign flashing in the sky i couldn't stop myself...someone need help out there [batman soundtrack]ta ra ra ra ta ra[/batman soundtrack]

professor said that it's amazing how much of the human brain you can remove without actually killing the person" because that's an actual quote from the neuro lecturer at my uni :up: :D
        subhan Allah...there is a friend i always believed he live with half a brain :D j/k

really....i can't translate this into Fus-ha :scratch: give me more time please

must fall = yagib aan yasqot (sooqot = falling)

kul al Taalib ya3arafoon anna wahid wa wahid ysawy ithnayn
        ysawy = equal

and also we have to make four of our own and I want to say "David Ike yaDHab* anna lamalika injleezi (is a shapeshifting lizard)" (David Ike thinks tht the queen of England is a shapeshifting lizard :D)
        i don't even know what that means in english :embar:

and Yadhab is right

Hamaas faazat fil intikhabat fi ghaza, ya3ani anna an naas fi ghaza 3andhum hamaas kethir li hamaas :D
        impressive!!!..very eloquent....alot of Arabic speakers can't say that!...rep point rep point rep point
        My toughest fight was with my first wife.

Muhammad Ali Clay

Comment

Shukran jazeelan akhi :) :up: unfortunately it won't let me rep you... gotta spread some around first, which I will do then I'll rep you :)

is ysawy spelled ya seen waw ya?
          yasqoot ya seen qaf waw ta? (is the ta like in tazawaja or Taariq?)

shapeshifting means being able to change shape/form to resemble something else. David Ike believes that the Queen is a lizard that changes shape to resemble a human so it can be the Queen. (he's a nut case but sells huge amounts of books each year!)
          [CENTER]
          [/CENTER]
          [CENTER]
          [/CENTER]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=dimgray]
          [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

i meant that i will give you the rep point sister :embar:

"is ysawy spelled ya seen waw ya? "

one letter missing...Ya Seen Alef Waw Ya

"yasqoot ya seen qaf waw ta? (is the ta like in tazawaja or Taariq?)"

Ya Seen Qaf Ta'a (ط)
            My toughest fight was with my first wife.

Muhammad Ali Clay

Comment

but I've repped you for helping me :) thankyou for repping me :)

:up: thanks for the spellings
              [CENTER]
              [/CENTER]
              [CENTER]
              [/CENTER]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=dimgray]
              [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

what's the word that means "to become Muslim"?

so I can say: la ahad ya3araf anna emir charles (became Muslim)
                [CENTER]
                [/CENTER]
                [CENTER]
                [/CENTER]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=dimgray]
                [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

"became muslim"= aslam (guy) aslamat (girl)

So, you could say:

"Ma fee ahadun ya3raf an'na al'amir charles aslam"

(ya wouldn't say "la ahad" b/c "la" in this context, at the beginning of a statement, is like an order saying "don't," and hence, would precede a verb. Example: la ta'akulee hadha : Don't eat this)
                  Please Re-update your Signature

Comment

but the book starts the sentence "la ahad ya3araf............." (you have to complete the sentence) .......is the book wrong?

anyway I shall complete it with "al emir Charles aslam" and ask my teacher about the book :up:

and I'd like to rep you for helping me but it says "you have given out too much rep in the last 24 hours" so I'll have to rep you tomorrow :up:
                    [CENTER]
                    [/CENTER]
                    [CENTER]
                    [/CENTER]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=dimgray]
                    [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Awww, you're too cute dhakiyya (about repping)

Hmmm.. maybe I'm wrong about "la" :scratch: Sorry if I've confused you.. I tend to do that a lot don't I Maybe someone else can help to clarify, but if that kind of phrase is appropriate to use, then the statement would be right that way.

~Ayah

Comment

Ya know sis, I was just looking back at an old grammer book of mine, on how to negate sentences that start with nouns, and "laysa" is what's used to do so. Did you study the word laysa yet? Hence, according to this book, the sentence should read:

Laysa ahad ya3raf anna al'emir charles aslam.

Please correct me if I'm wrong anyone. (Ma fee is also right)

~Ayah

Comment

:up: yes I know laysa. My teacher said to use "ma fee" for spoken and laysa hunaka for written :)
                          [CENTER]
                          [/CENTER]
                          [CENTER]
                          [/CENTER]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=dimgray]
                          [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

lol i came 2 help u bt it seems everyone already made ur corrections 4 u :p
                            as for the laa thing.... laa is a negator for present tense verbs not necessarily as a negative order (imperative) the difference comes in the mood of the following verb :

example:

laa ta'kul = dont eat (the following verb was in the "jussive"... ya3any u put sukoon on the end of it where before that you would write a dama)

laa ta'kulu = you are not eating (verb is in the indicative form of the imperfect)

laysa cant negate verbs... it negates equational sentences (jumla ismiyya)

and maa fee is slang :p
                            .: Anna :.

Comment

Originally posted by Khuzamah

laysa cant negate verbs... it negates equational sentences (jumla ismiyya)

and maa fee is slang :p
                              Exactly at laysa.. that's what I thought ;) Okey at maa fee, atleast i tried :p

Comment

well I handed this homework in yesterday :)

for the "the professor saysthat " sentence I wrote

al ustadh yaqool anna hadha aTTulaab majnoon! yafa3alu infajaraat fil makhbar kul al wakt wa lam yadrusu!

(forgot how to do the jussive even though we only did it a couple of lessons ago )
                                [CENTER]
                                [/CENTER]
                                [CENTER]
                                [/CENTER]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=dimgray]
                                [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Working...
                                X