Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to become quranic arabic scholar?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How to become quranic arabic scholar?

    I am very interested in knowing what and how many books one must read in order to become a scholar in QURANIC arabic.

    Pls name the books that must be read....

    I mean, what kind of expertise does a mujtahid have to have in arabic and what books must he read for that??

  • #2
    Re: How to become quranic arabic scholar?

    Originally posted by yasinm View Post
    I am very interested in knowing what and how many books one must read in order to become a scholar in QURANIC arabic.

    Pls name the books that must be read....

    I mean, what kind of expertise does a mujtahid have to have in arabic and what books must he read for that??
    Salaam

    do u have a shaykh u are learning from or any other forms formal islamic education ? or are u just reading books?
    The Prophet (saw) advised to: Take benefit of five before five: Your youth before your old age, your health before your sickness, your wealth before your poverty, your free time before you are preoccupied, and your life before your death
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgE...kS-Qi3nf3tcvPw

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: How to become quranic arabic scholar?

      He then goes on to mention the other conditions of a mujtahid: [The sciences of] grammar, prosody, philology, combined with those of usul and rhetoric he must master. According to the people of precision, [he must know] where the judgements can be found without the condition of having memorized the actual texts. [All of the above must be known] according to a middle ranked mastery at least. He must also know those matters upon which there is consensus. [Moreover, he must know] things such as the condition of single hadiths and what carries the authority of great numbers of transmissions; also [knowledge of] what is sound and what is weak is necessary. Furthermore, what has been abrogated and what abrogates, as well as the conditions under which a verse was revealed or a hadith was transmitted is a condition that must be met. The states of the narrators and the companions [must also be known].
      http://malikifiqhqa.com/uncategorize...h-hamza-yusuf/

      I suggest you use these books to learn Arabic Grammar and Morphology:

      https://archive.org/details/ArabicTu...bdulSattarKhan (4 Volumes - start with the first book)
      Last edited by الغزالي; 09-12-15, 07:25 PM.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: How to become quranic arabic scholar?

        Originally posted by الغزالي View Post
        http://malikifiqhqa.com/uncategorize...h-hamza-yusuf/

        I suggest you use these books to learn Arabic Grammar and Morphology:

        https://archive.org/details/ArabicTu...bdulSattarKhan (4 Volumes - start with the first book)
        Jazakal llah akhi
        But, i already finished volume 2 arabic tutor and read a little bit from volume 3. Now, i am reading Wright's arabic grammar (it's a boss). I think after finishing it, i will be almost a scholar in arabic (MAYBE, since it's very detailed). I was thinking, what i should read after that.....

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: How to become quranic arabic scholar?

          Originally posted by Ibn Taleb View Post
          Salaam

          do u have a shaykh u are learning from or any other forms formal islamic education ? or are u just reading books?
          Just reading books :(
          I dont really have an option nor enough time to learn from any shaykh or any institution :(
          But maybe, if u can give me names of scholarly books (books which must be read by scholars to be scholars) on arabic, i can atleast read :)

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: How to become quranic arabic scholar?

            Originally posted by yasinm View Post
            Jazakal llah akhi
            But, i already finished volume 2 arabic tutor and read a little bit from volume 3. Now, i am reading Wright's arabic grammar (it's a boss). I think after finishing it, i will be almost a scholar in arabic (MAYBE, since it's very detailed). I was thinking, what i should read after that.....
            Wright's Arabic Grammar is a reference book - I was reading it, it gave me a headache. :)

            Continue with the Arabic Tutor Vol 3.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: How to become quranic arabic scholar?

              you want to be able to read Classical Arabic?
              what do you mean by scholar?
              why do you want to become a scholar?

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: How to become quranic arabic scholar?

                Originally posted by الغزالي View Post
                Wright's Arabic Grammar is a reference book - I was reading it, it gave me a headache. :)

                Continue with the Arabic Tutor Vol 3.
                But akhi, i LOOVE reading it, it's seems so awesome to me! I statrted at page 49 (the previous pages talk abt pronounciation and writing), and niw i am at around 190..
                But i was thinking, what after that...you know, it has a big problem.
                It does not discuss only classical arabic, sometimes it's confusing, is the current rule being described applicable on classical or modern? And sometimes, it mentions a rule about any rare usage very shortly, so it gets confusing exactly how to apply that rule...
                So, i was thinking what i should do after finishing it

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: How to become quranic arabic scholar?

                  Originally posted by Dziri View Post
                  you want to be able to read Classical Arabic?
                  what do you mean by scholar?
                  why do you want to become a scholar?
                  By scholar, i mean one who knows every single rule used in quranic arabic, in the arabic at the prophets time, one who has such a level of kniwledge in arabic that a mujtahid has.

                  I want to be a scholar in arabic, bcoz without having complete mastery over arabic, most probably, one cannot be an islamic scholar....

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: How to become quranic arabic scholar?

                    Finish Arabic Tutor and then read tafaaseer, ahadeeth, etc because you need to understand terminology being used in the books and vocabulary. So this way you will have lots of experience with using dictionaries and knowing how certain words are used at that time.

                    Here is a guide by Shaykh Abdur Raheem on how to study: http://drvaniya.com/wp-content/uploa...ter-Arabic.pdf

                    You can download some of the books here: http://drvaniya.com/
                    Last edited by الغزالي; 10-12-15, 05:07 PM.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: How to become quranic arabic scholar?

                      Originally posted by الغزالي View Post
                      Finish Arabic Tutor and then read tafaaseer, ahadeeth, etc because you need to understand terminology being used in the books and vocabulary. So this way you will have lots of experience with using dictionaries and knowing how certain words are used at that time.

                      Here is a guide by Shaykh Abdur Raheem on how to study: http://drvaniya.com/wp-content/uploa...ter-Arabic.pdf

                      You can download some of the books here: http://drvaniya.com/
                      Jazakal llah ya akhi :)

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: How to become quranic arabic scholar?

                        Originally posted by yasinm View Post
                        By scholar, i mean one who knows every single rule used in quranic arabic, in the arabic at the prophets time, one who has such a level of kniwledge in arabic that a mujtahid has.

                        I want to be a scholar in arabic, bcoz without having complete mastery over arabic, most probably, one cannot be an islamic scholar....

                        Well, first get to the stage to read every possible book in Arabic. Then you can read specialized books about Qur'anic Arabic known as إعراب القرآن
                        Watch those eyes

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: How to become quranic arabic scholar?

                          Originally posted by ZeeshanParvez View Post
                          Well, first get to the stage to read every possible book in Arabic. Then you can read specialized books about Qur'anic Arabic known as إعراب القرآن
                          Jazakal llah for the advice :)
                          But, would u pls explain what إعراب القرآن is?

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X