Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Arabic Watsapp Group

Originally posted by Ansaariyah View Post
    Would you be able to share them here pls?

I am following ustadh abdul karims recordings from green lane masjid and he doesn't give the word list meanings in it :/
    Will do so inn sha Allah.
    We're starting from the beginning again, since some brothers wanted to join.
    Writing stuff up here will further embed the words in my head as well.
    There's an audio cd for the book, so try to listen to to it when going through the book.
    I'll link it here if you don't have it.

Originally posted by Ibn Hisham View Post
    Vocab lists most probs :)

which poems jibril? I've memorised some of the ajrmumiyaa but.. never found use for it! lol.

I'll make my kids memorise it if i have any!

من هو القادم لهذه مجتمعات الطلاب العلم
    Yeah, vocab list.

I have no idea about the names of poems akhi.
    But he recited a few poems and demonstrated how they're used to remember rules of grammar etc.
    Most of it went over my head if I'm honest, but the parts I did understand made me even more determined to learn:)

He gave a few examples of 'Ali ra and his mastery over the Arabic Language, how he'd recite a poem (made up on the spot) with his wife.
    Or when he was walking with 'umar and Abu Bakr ra, he was walking between them, when one of them said "you are the ن in لنا (us) meaning he is the short one, to which 'Ali ra replied "and without me, you are nothing لا"

He spoke about Imam Shafi' and his amazing knowledge of the language as well, I'll post up some notes when I get the chance inn sha Allah.
    Last edited by -Jibril-; 05-04-15, 11:02 PM. Reason: autocorrect is a pain
    There is rest only in the aakhira.
    Man will rest in the aakhira according to how hard he strives in dunya.

- Khaalid Ibn Al Waleed (ra) -

If you find yourself in a time where speech is regarded as knowledge,
    and knowledge is regarded as deeds,
    then you are in the worst of times, with the worst of people.

- Abu Hazim Al Ashja'i (ra) -

I saw a dog without any clothes on .
    That's right, a nude dog.
    The Deepweb is disgusting.
    - Unknown -

Links
    The Middle Road - At-Tanzil - Hifz Thread - Muslim Healthy Living
    Inheritors of Qur'aan

Download Links

Comment

السلام عليكم

ماشاء الله

Allah increase you in your love of the Arabic language.

If you need any assistance of a language exchange partner I'd be glad to help!

Comment

السلام عليكم

ماشاء الله

Allah increase you in your love of the Arabic language.

If you need any assistance of a language exchange partner I'd be glad to help!
        :wswrwb:
        Ameen wa iyyakum akhi.
        Definitely bro, I'll message you whenever I do need some help, very much appreciate it:)

- Unknown -

Links
        Inheritors of Qur'aan

Download Links

Comment

@Jibril

:masha: seems like you have a very good teacher. Does he also give you the tasreef of the verbs? And what book are you on now?
          http://i47.tinypic.com/do8kmw.jpg

Comment

Yeah, I really like this teacher, even the way he teaches us tajweed is really good.
            He's getting us to learn feminine and musculime right now.
            He said he'll slowly introduce the changing of verbs as we go through the book.

We've started bayna yadayk book 1 akhi.

- Unknown -

Links
            Inheritors of Qur'aan

Download Links

Comment

Originally posted by ya akhi View Post
              Word list meaning?
              page #13 in book 1... الاصوات وفهم المسموع exercise 2

Vocab lists most probs :)

which poems jibril? I've memorised some of the ajrmumiyaa but.. never found use for it! lol.

I'll make my kids memorise it if i have any!

من هو القادم لهذه مجتمعة الطلاب العلم
              no, not vocabs, thema re mentioned back of the book and them are usually with pics so not an issue, these are more abt erm the sound list, loook at pg #13 of book 1
              Originally posted by -Jibril- View Post
              Will do so inn sha Allah.
              We're starting from the beginning again, since some brothers wanted to join.
              Writing stuff up here will further embed the words in my head as well.
              There's an audio cd for the book, so try to listen to to it when going through the book.
              I'll link it here if you don't have it.

Yeah, vocab list.

I have no idea about the names of poems akhi.
              But he recited a few poems and demonstrated how they're used to remember rules of grammar etc.
              Most of it went over my head if I'm honest, but the parts I did understand made me even more determined to learn:)

He gave a few examples of 'Ali ra and his mastery over the Arabic Language, how he'd recite a poem (made up on the spot) with his wife.
              Or when he was walking with 'umar and Abu Bakr ra, he was walking between them, when one of them said "you are the ن in لنا (us) meaning he is the short one, to which 'Ali ra replied "and without me, you are nothing لا"

He spoke about Imam Shafi' and his amazing knowledge of the language as well, I'll post up some notes when I get the chance inn sha Allah.
              audio is all in arabic, no? this kitaab has nothing english abt it which has its own cons i guess, depending on the teacher.

:jkk:

sigpic

Allahumma anta Rabbi la ilaha illa anta Khalaqtani wa ana'abduka, wa ana 'ala 'ahdika wa Wa'dika mastata'tu A'uidhubika min sharri ma sana'tu.' abu'u Laka bi ni 'matika wa'ala abu'u bidhanbi; faghfirli fa'innahu la yaghfiru-dh-dhunuba illa anta.
              O Allah, You are my Lord, none has the right to be worshipped except You, You created me and I am Your servant and I abide to Your covenant and promise as best I can, I take refuge in You from the evil of which I have committed. I acknowledge Your favour upon me and I acknowledgemy sin, so forgive me, for verilynone can forgive sin except You.

We are accountable for every letter we post here, so think before posting and maintain modesty.

Comment

Do not just learn what your teacher teaches you. You have to study beyond that. Usually, in class, you would be taught about 3,000 - 5000 words, but you need to memorize 20,000 - 35,000 for efficency.

Use Anki For memorizing vocab:

http://studentsofarabic.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15

Also the Vocab "sets" are already there.

I suggest using this book for review:

http://studentsofarabic.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6

As this book is a little difficult without a teacher, it would be best for one to have studied the rules before, then use this book for quick review.
                Last edited by الغزالي; 11-04-15, 02:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by الغزالي View Post
                  Do not just learn what your teacher teaches you. You have to study beyond that. Usually, in class, you would be taught about 3,000 - 5000 words, but you need to memorize 20,000 - 35,000 for efficency.

Use Anki For memorizing vocab:

http://studentsofarabic.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=15

Also the Vocab "sets" are already there.

I suggest using this book for review:

http://studentsofarabic.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6

As this book is a little difficult without a teacher, it would be best for one to have studied the rules before, then use this book for quick review.
                  :salams

One question pertaining to Anki. I have downloaded the app onto my phone and added the Madinah Arabic Book 1 Vocab Deck from here https://ankiweb.net/shared/decks/arabic How do I go about switching the front of the card to the back? So instead of the Arabic being first up it would be the word in English.

Comment

Originally posted by Ansaariyah View Post
                    page #13 in book 1... الاصوات وفهم المسموع exercise 2

no, not vocabs, thema re mentioned back of the book and them are usually with pics so not an issue, these are more abt erm the sound list, loook at pg #13 of book 1

audio is all in arabic, no? this kitaab has nothing english abt it which has its own cons i guess, depending on the teacher.

I thught you were talking about the vocab lists.
                    Got what you meant now.
                    We're starting from the beginning again tomorrow, so I'll make a thread and post my notes on there inn sha Allah.
                    Yeah, the audio is all in Arabic, I guess it helps more with the pronounciation than the meaning of words.

I really like this book, my teacher wants us to use Madina, but all of us vetoed him.
                    I'll let you know when I've made a thread
                    The brother who started this thread is also very good at Arabic maa sha Allah, he's given me a lot of useful links.

- Unknown -

Links
                    Inheritors of Qur'aan

Download Links

Comment

@Ansaariyah So you want the translations of the words in excercise 2?

At first I thought the green lane masjid videos were good but after having studied in a markaz and with their method, I think I can't recommend the videos really. It is important in book 1 you learn the verb conjugation, extensive vocabs I.e. the plural and its opposites and making sentences with new words and verbs
                      http://i47.tinypic.com/do8kmw.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by deenforever View Post
                        :salams

One question pertaining to Anki. I have downloaded the app onto my phone and added the Madinah Arabic Book 1 Vocab Deck from here https://ankiweb.net/shared/decks/arabic How do I go about switching the front of the card to the back? So instead of the Arabic being first up it would be the word in English.
                        You have to use the ANKI desktop program - download it from here: http://ankisrs.net/

Comment

Originally posted by الغزالي View Post
                          You have to use the ANKI desktop program - download it from here: http://ankisrs.net/

Comment

how can i join ? i want to tech and help

Comment

Originally posted by deenforever View Post
                              The best way to memorize is to do both:

For example, take 1000 cards.

Make them into two groups:
                              1) Arabic on front side - English back side
                              2) English on front side - Arabic back side

This is an excellent way of memorizing, training both reading and speaking skills.

Comment

Re: Arabic Whatsapp Group (for Brothers)

Salam, the long awaited Tajweed Rule Book in English is now available in the UK!...
                                it is the first of its kind in the world, it has over 300 pages and took over 8 years to write!
                                Suitable for all levels: beginners, intermediate, advanced and upto Ijazah level.
                                This can be used as a reference manual or textbook for Tajweed students and teachers (similar to the Muneer book).
                                Limited edition hardback is now available for £29.99. For further information, to order your copy or for bulk discounts, please email [email protected]

Please forward to all Qur'an students
                                [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                                X