Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Arabic Watsapp Group

Originally posted by -Jibril- View Post
    With a teacher, fourth lesson next week inn sha Allah.
    Our previous teacher got busy and started missing lessons, so our Tajweed teacher's taken over.
    I think if I complete this book, Madina Book will be easier to deal with inn sha Allah.
    :masha: may Allaah aid you

I dont see much difference between two books really, bayna is quite good for daily use vocab tho :alhumdull

sigpic

Allahumma anta Rabbi la ilaha illa anta Khalaqtani wa ana'abduka, wa ana 'ala 'ahdika wa Wa'dika mastata'tu A'uidhubika min sharri ma sana'tu.' abu'u Laka bi ni 'matika wa'ala abu'u bidhanbi; faghfirli fa'innahu la yaghfiru-dh-dhunuba illa anta.
    O Allah, You are my Lord, none has the right to be worshipped except You, You created me and I am Your servant and I abide to Your covenant and promise as best I can, I take refuge in You from the evil of which I have committed. I acknowledge Your favour upon me and I acknowledgemy sin, so forgive me, for verilynone can forgive sin except You.

We are accountable for every letter we post here, so think before posting and maintain modesty.

Comment

Ive left the group - it wasnt the right thing for me!!
      وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"If Allah (swt) only sent this Surah to us, for the guidance of Mankind, this will be enough for us” - Imam Shaafi'ee r.a.

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

Complete Study Program To Master the Arabic Sciences:

This guide and books are by Shaykh Abdur Rahim, who has been teaching Arabic as a foreign language for over 50 years.

http://drvaniya.com/wp-content/uploa...ter-Arabic.pdf (take a look at the bottom of the list to see the books)

Learning How to Read

The first Book in the above guide is: At Tibyan.

At Tibyan is a short book meant to teach the reader the Arabic alphabet with Quranic orientation based on some of the latest advanced teaching principles, which has considerably cut down the learning period. This book has 65 lessons. You may download the book (PDF file) by visiting this page http://www.lqtoronto.com/tibyan.html. This book comes with audio as well

Learning Grammar and Morphology

The Madinah Arabic Books (3 Books):

Book 1: Download
        Book 1 Key - (summary of grammar rules from lesson in English): Download
        Book 1 Solutions (these are the solutions for the exercises in Madinah Book 1): Download
        Handouts (these are notes from the teacher, contains extra explanation, notes and more exercises): Download

Videos for the books: http://www.lqtoronto.com/videos.html - Select Book 1 - DVD 01 - Part A1 (Starting Point)

Rest of the Books

Rest of the books in the guide can be downloaded at LQToronto - after your completion of Book 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Jenicca View Post
          Ive left the group - it wasnt the right thing for me!!
          Was it too difficult? Perhaps, you might find it helpful later in your Arabic study.

Last edited by الغزالي; 25-03-15, 03:20 PM.

Comment

I find whatsapp groups a real big fitnah and distractions even ones where its sisters only.

Im only part of one, and thats for the class I teach and pretty much only I post in.

I later realised that being part of a mixed group, that was so large and so active would be at the detriment of so many other things...so I left.
            وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"If Allah (swt) only sent this Surah to us, for the guidance of Mankind, this will be enough for us” - Imam Shaafi'ee r.a.

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

Originally posted by -Yassar View Post
              :wswrwb:

Yea, what he said. Brothers make one group, and sisters can make their own group. Having one group is very dangerous, don't make me investigate and start infracting and banning people. Please take the advice.
              Your right, I'll do that
              ''If the bedouins and city dwellers were to fight between themselves until they wipe each other out, it will surely be less significant than them appointing a taghoot in the land which rules by that which is against the Shari'ah of Islaam which Allah sent his Messenger ﷺ with'' - Sheikh Sulayman bin Sahmaan

Comment

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
                :salams

I don't think it's appropriate to have brothers and sisters on the same Whatsapp group.

Brothers should teach brothers and sisters teach sisters :insha:

Someone showed me a screenshot of the group and there were too many ":D" and ":D" being used between brothers and sisters.

I realize it's a good effort and convenient to learn Arabic, but we still need to be mindful of free-mixing. :insha:

:jkk:
                Yes you are right, I didn't realise there was free mixing though
                There's no way I missed all the :) and stuff, someone is exaggerating, I will change it though
                ''If the bedouins and city dwellers were to fight between themselves until they wipe each other out, it will surely be less significant than them appointing a taghoot in the land which rules by that which is against the Shari'ah of Islaam which Allah sent his Messenger ﷺ with'' - Sheikh Sulayman bin Sahmaan

Comment

Originally posted by Ansaariyah View Post
                  :masha: may Allaah aid you

I dont see much difference between two books really, bayna is quite good for daily use vocab tho :alhumdull
                  Ameen, I think it was the focus on grammar in the Madina Book, that used to make me lose my attention in class.
                  I found it boring-__-
                  I learnt basic Arabic just from being around Arab brothers and when travelling in the ME.
                  I think this maybe why I'm enjoying Bayna Yadayk.
                  Learning vocab is definitely fun and more engaging.

As I mentioned before, each to their own, some of my friends prefer Madina book and others prefer Miftah.
                  There is rest only in the aakhira.
                  Man will rest in the aakhira according to how hard he strives in dunya.

- Khaalid Ibn Al Waleed (ra) -

If you find yourself in a time where speech is regarded as knowledge,
                  and knowledge is regarded as deeds,
                  then you are in the worst of times, with the worst of people.

- Abu Hazim Al Ashja'i (ra) -

I saw a dog without any clothes on .
                  That's right, a nude dog.
                  The Deepweb is disgusting.
                  - Unknown -

Links
                  The Middle Road - At-Tanzil - Hifz Thread - Muslim Healthy Living
                  Inheritors of Qur'aan

Download Links

Comment

I'm of the opinion that the issue of freemixing in the Whatsapp group needs to be rethought, considering that:

1. This is for the sake of seeking islamic knowledge.
                    2. No khalwah (a man and a woman being alone).
                    3. No chance of looking at each other.

http://www.muftisays.com/blog/Muadh_...and-women.html
                    http://www.alsunna.org/Judgment-on-f...html#gsc.tab=0
                    I'm on a strict time management regiment and have to limit my time online. Therefore I have to reply selectively. Please don't be offended if I ignore your questions. :jkk:

Comment

Originally posted by budi.sudaryo View Post
                      I'm of the opinion that the issue of freemixing in the Whatsapp group needs to be rethought, considering that:

1. This is for the sake of seeking islamic knowledge.
                      2. No khalwah (a man and a woman being alone).
                      3. No chance of looking at each other.

http://www.muftisays.com/blog/Muadh_...and-women.html
                      http://www.alsunna.org/Judgment-on-f...html#gsc.tab=0
                      There's no free mixing in the group akhi

Comment

Ameen, I think it was the focus on grammar in the Madina Book, that used to make me lose my attention in class.
                        I found it boring-__-
                        I learnt basic Arabic just from being around Arab brothers and when travelling in the ME.
                        I think this maybe why I'm enjoying Bayna Yadayk.
                        Learning vocab is definitely fun and more engaging.

As I mentioned before, each to their own, some of my friends prefer Madina book and others prefer Miftah.
                        I see

Does your teacher translates /give meanings of words used in proper pronunciation list?

sigpic

Allahumma anta Rabbi la ilaha illa anta Khalaqtani wa ana'abduka, wa ana 'ala 'ahdika wa Wa'dika mastata'tu A'uidhubika min sharri ma sana'tu.' abu'u Laka bi ni 'matika wa'ala abu'u bidhanbi; faghfirli fa'innahu la yaghfiru-dh-dhunuba illa anta.
                        O Allah, You are my Lord, none has the right to be worshipped except You, You created me and I am Your servant and I abide to Your covenant and promise as best I can, I take refuge in You from the evil of which I have committed. I acknowledge Your favour upon me and I acknowledgemy sin, so forgive me, for verilynone can forgive sin except You.

We are accountable for every letter we post here, so think before posting and maintain modesty.

Comment

I see

Does your teacher translates /give meanings of words used in proper pronunciation list?
                          Yes.

He also showed us how poems are used to learn.
                          Was fascinating.
                          There is rest only in the aakhira.
                          Man will rest in the aakhira according to how hard he strives in dunya.

- Khaalid Ibn Al Waleed (ra) -

If you find yourself in a time where speech is regarded as knowledge,
                          and knowledge is regarded as deeds,
                          then you are in the worst of times, with the worst of people.

- Abu Hazim Al Ashja'i (ra) -

I saw a dog without any clothes on .
                          That's right, a nude dog.
                          The Deepweb is disgusting.
                          - Unknown -

Links
                          The Middle Road - At-Tanzil - Hifz Thread - Muslim Healthy Living
                          Inheritors of Qur'aan

Download Links

Comment

Yes.

He also showed us how poems are used to learn.
                            Was fascinating.
                            Would you be able to share them here pls?

I am following ustadh abdul karims recordings from green lane masjid and he doesn't give the word list meanings in it :/

sigpic

Comment

Would you be able to share them here pls?

I am following ustadh abdul karims recordings from green lane masjid and he doesn't give the word list meanings in it :/
                              Word list meaning?
                              http://i47.tinypic.com/do8kmw.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by ya akhi View Post
                                Word list meaning?
                                Vocab lists most probs :)

which poems jibril? I've memorised some of the ajrmumiyaa but.. never found use for it! lol.

I'll make my kids memorise it if i have any!

من هو القادم لهذه مجتمعة الطلاب العلم
                                Last edited by Ibn Hisham; 10-04-15, 08:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X