Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Male and Female words?

asalaamu alaykum

Can someone tell me if these words are male or female (in arabic)?

Body (jasad)
    Face (wajh)
    Family (ahl)
    Floor
    Food (rizq and ta'aam)
    hand (yad)
    Horse (faras)
    House (bayt)
    Land (ard)
    Money (maal)
    Mosque (masjid)
    Roof (saqaf)
    Sword (sayf)

Also are there any sites which tell a list of words in Arabic and their genders?
    Last edited by @nda; 19-11-14, 11:14 AM.
    visit this free Muslim marriage agency thats only for practising Muslims! >> www.puremuslimmatch.com

Re: Male and Female words?

Originally posted by @nda View Post
    asalaamu alaykum

Can someone tell me if these words are male or female (in arabic)?

Its simple learn the rules of
    Body
    Face
    Family
    Floor
    Food
    hand
    Horse
    House
    Land
    Money
    Mosque
    Roof
    Sword

Also are there any sites which tell a list of words in Arabic and their genders?

Its simple learn the rules of what's feminine and what's masculine, plenty of Arabic books have them
    And why write the word in English when your learning arabic? Some have a few translations depending on what your reffering to aswell
    ''If the bedouins and city dwellers were to fight between themselves until they wipe each other out, it will surely be less significant than them appointing a taghoot in the land which rules by that which is against the Shari'ah of Islaam which Allah sent his Messenger ﷺ with'' - Sheikh Sulayman bin Sahmaan

Comment

asalaamu alaykum. I know some of them, but some are difficult like 'Floor' (farsh). Or roof (saqaf). Their gender is unclear to me. I could check in books but it'll take time, are there any searchable lexicons (in arabic) online i can use which might tell gender of words?
      visit this free Muslim marriage agency thats only for practising Muslims! >> www.puremuslimmatch.com

Comment

wa alaikum salaam

I don't know of any websites but try different arabic dictionaries such as al mauwrid (arabic-en/eng-arabic) I always try to think of what comes before it hadha/hadhihi/dhaalika/tilka in that way I know if its feminine/masculine. for example hadha jasad(that body)masculine... hadhihi jad feminine. Or sometimes i think of the siffa which comes after it. hadha hisaan jameel(that horse is beautiful) masculine. Its not a rule but its an easy way to not forgot.

Body (masculine)
        Face (masculine)
        Family (feminine)
        Floor (taabiq-masculine)
        Food (feminine)
        hand (feminine)
        Horse )masculine)
        House (masculine)
        Land (feminine)
        Money (feminine)
        Mosque (masculine)
        Roof (masculine)
        Sword (masculine)
        Last edited by muslimainblack; 17-11-14, 10:26 PM.
        Allah is towards you as you are towards Him and His servants."
        [Imam Ibn al Qayyim Al-Jawziyyah RahimahuAllah]

Comment

As-Salaamu Alaikum,

The problem with asking it in English is that there are more than one word for each word, which can present some ambiguity with respect to their genders.

For example, floor can be أرض or أرضية or دَوْر or طابِق, a couple of which are feminine and a couple of which are masculine.
          الْعِلْمُ نُورٌ

Comment

true most arabic words have a muraadif..when studying arabic best is to try to memorize 1 muraadif of each word..that's what my teacher used to advice me.
            maybe brother anda you can post your list of words in arabic

Comment

asalaamu alaykum. Will do, i was just in a rush when i 1st posted. :) Btw, is budn more commonly used for body or jasad? I think budn is used more for animal bodies right?

Comment

Originally posted by @nda View Post
                asalaamu alaykum. Will do, i was just in a rush when i 1st posted. :) Btw, is budn more commonly used for body or jasad? I think budn is used more for animal bodies right?
                wa alaikum assallaam, allahu a3lam but I think jasad is more commonly used even though there are times that in one text both are used for balagha reasons

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                X