Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ayatul Kursi tajweed question

Salam all

I have a tajweed question. Hopefully someone can help. Apologies if I have posted in the wrong section.

I am trying to learn Ayatul Kursi, but am confused about the pronunciation of the word Sinatuun in the second line of this particular dua.

Should the last 'n' be pronounced, or is the 'n' silent. For example does it feed into the next word... "sinatuu wa laa nawm" or is it "sinatuun wa laa nawm"?

Similarly does one pronounce the 'n' in 'man dhalladhi' in the fourth line?

I've listened to, and watched some videos but find it hard to tell whether every letter is pronounced or whether some letters are silent according to the rules of tajweed.

Many many thanks in advance for your help

Salam :)

Re: Ayatul Kursi tajweed question

Originally posted by sayhan View Post
    Salam all

I have a tajweed question. Hopefully someone can help. Apologies if I have posted in the wrong section.

I am trying to learn Ayatul Kursi, but am confused about the pronunciation of the word Sinatuun in the second line of this particular dua.

Should the last 'n' be pronounced, or is the 'n' silent. For example does it feed into the next word... "sinatuu wa laa nawm" or is it "sinatuun wa laa nawm"?

Similarly does one pronounce the 'n' in 'man dhalladhi' in the fourth line?

I've listened to, and watched some videos but find it hard to tell whether every letter is pronounced or whether some letters are silent according to the rules of tajweed.

Many many thanks in advance for your help

Salam :)
    :wswrwb:

There are two rules u have asked about,
    sinatuu wa laa nawm, the rule in this case is idghaam,
    man dhalladh, the rule is ikhfaa in this case,

and to know what is ikhfaa and idghaam, click this http://www.seekerspath.co.uk/questio...ham-and-ikhfa/

And I would really encourage u to ask a qari about this, as it would be too hard to learn tajweed on a forum...

Hope this helps...
    Bandon say dil naa lagao sirf Allah say lagao.

Comment

It helps indeed :)

So my understanding is that the nun in 'siratun' is incorporated into the waw, but with a nasal sound so its not really pronounced, and that the nun in 'man' is still pronounced but lightly with a nasal sound?

I know it would be too hard to learn tajweed without a teacher but I'm trying to make the best of the resources available to me :)

Thank you kindly for your prompt reply :)

Comment

It helps indeed :)

So my understanding is that the nun in 'siratun' is incorporated into the waw, but with a nasal sound so its not really pronounced, and that the nun in 'man' is still pronounced but lightly with a nasal sound?

I know it would be too hard to learn tajweed without a teacher but I'm trying to make the best of the resources available to me :)

Thank you kindly for your prompt reply :)
        yes, u got that right alhamdulillah,

what about an online teacher? There are many nsuch online websites, they also encourage Quran memorization....

Comment

I've never considered it, but I think I will, thank you kindly for the suggestion :)
          I've found a good website for anyone who is looking to learn the basics of Arabic grammar, I'm finding it quite useful:

http://www.readwithtajweed.com/

Thanks again Abul :up:

Comment

I've never considered it, but I think I will, thank you kindly for the suggestion :)
            I've found a good website for anyone who is looking to learn the basics of Arabic grammar, I'm finding it quite useful:

http://www.readwithtajweed.com/

Thanks again Abul :up:
            No worries...
            :brf:

Comment

:salams

Sinatuu is merge with the letter waw, no noon is not pronounced.

For Man dhalladhi, the there is a nasal sound, but the tongue should not touch the roof of the mouth. So, in a way, you are hiding the noon sound.
              Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
              - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Thank you mirror.. You. Have echoed exactly what I have been reading :)

Just need to practice now. :)

Comment

Working...
                X