Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best arabic verbs book?

Salam,

I came across the 501 arabic verbs from barron's, based on the reviews, some say its good. What would you recommend though?

JazakAllah kheyr,
    "Hide your good deeds (from the people) just like you hide your evil deeds."

Re: Best arabic verbs book?

Originally posted by Macbook View Post
    Salam,

I came across the 501 arabic verbs from barron's, based on the reviews, some say its good. What would you recommend though?

JazakAllah kheyr,
    Why use a book. Just use this program. Put in a verb and it will give you all the conjugations. You can also find conjugations for forms which aren't given in books! Simply memorize them!
    Watch those eyes

Comment

Re: Best arabic verbs book?

Personally, I think that the combination of the following two books are your best bet for getting a handle on Arabic verbs:

1) Fundamentals of Classical Arabic Volume 1
      2) "All the Arabic you never learned the First Time Around"

If you go through the material related to verbs in both books, honestly, you should have covered 95% of all you would ever need to know to recognize and conjugate Arabic verbs (though that's not to say that you've mastered Sarf). So for purposes of being able to read, understand, identify, and use Arabic verbs, you should be set. If you need additional references, the material on "www.learnarabiconline.com" and in the book "From the Treasures of Arabic Morphology", in that order, are helpful.

Wa'salaam.

Comment

Working...
      X