Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JiHaD_JoE
    ana kamaan ayiz al takhfeeD!!!!! i should try it out at the arab shops
    lol... we need 2 go on ummah school trip, then wen we get 2 the sooq, Joe does the talkin!! :p
    .: Anna :.

Comment

try to get into conversation (in arabic) and then show off your phrases, just chanting slogans at people won't get you anywhere.... when I was in Palestine, I think me and my husband had lots of novelty value for being English* and Muslims and I was wearing hijab and trying to speak Arabic. Then hubby shows off his one or two phrases in Arabic :D

*his accent wasn't strong enough for them to recognise he was American... cause we lived in England they assumed we were both English :)
      [CENTER]
      [/CENTER]
      [CENTER]
      [/CENTER]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=dimgray]
      [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

i'm trying to form a sentence for another thread :) how do i make a noun posessive? eg. my house, my car, or 'dog of mine', etc. Do i just add the ya at the end?

thanks
        Last edited by Details; 08-07-04, 06:54 PM.
        Please Re-update your Signature

Comment

Originally posted by Details
          i'm trying to form a sentence for another thread :) how do i make a noun posessive? eg. my house, my car, or 'dog of mine', etc. Do i just add the ya at the end?

thanks
          yup its just a yaa... prounce it like "ee"

my house - baytee
          your house - baytak / baytik
          our house - baytnaa
          his house - baytuh
          her house - bayt-haa
          their house - baythum
          their (all girls) house - bayt-hun
          their (2 ppls) house - baythumaa

i think thats all?

lol dhakiyya obv i wud try get a conversation not just start shouting protest chants etc in arabic :p

but actually... do u even get that in england, people are like "whoa ur muslim... and ur from this country?? "
          .: Rufaida :.
          .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.
          http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h6...th_Silence.jpg
          “People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
          but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.”
          ~ Ibn Atallah

Ramadan Activities for Children
          <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

Working...
          X