Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saying Aki/Acki for brother..

:salams

respected brothers and sisters, the correct way to say my brother in arabic is akhee or akhi - أخي - and not aki or acki

the letter خ [kha] in the middle of akhee أخي comes from the upper part of your throat

this is just meant to be a small reminder and please do not fret if you can't pronounce خ yet and/or didn't know about it, we all learn something new everyday and inn sha'Allah with practice, we can make it perfect

also please note, akhee means my brother and akh - أخ means brother so if you say my akhee then that would, technically, be wrong

:wswrwb:

sigpic

Re: Saying Aki/Acki for brother..

و ﻋﻠﻴﻚ ﺍﻟﺴﻠﺎﻡ
    ﺍﺟﻞ وﻟﻜﻦ ﺑﻌﺾ ﺍﻟﻨﺎﺱ ﻟﺎ ﻳﺴﺘﻂﻴﻌﻮﻥ ﺍﻥ ﻳﻨﻂﻘﻮﺍ ﺍﻟﺨﺎﺀ ﺻﺤﻴﺤﺎ
    ﻣﺜﻠﺎ ﺑﻌﺾ ﺍﻟﻨﺎﻃﻘﻴﻦ ﺑﺎﻟﻠﻐﺔ ﺍﻟﺎﺭﺩﻳﺔ ﺍﻭ ﺍﻟﺒﺎﻛﺴﺘﺎﻧﻴﺔ
    و ﻟﻜﻦ ﻋﻠﻴﻨﺎ ﺍﻥ ﻧﺤﺎﻭﻝ ﻣﺎ ﺍﺳﺘﻂﻌﻨﺎ
    ﺇﺭﺣﻢ ﺗﺮﺣﻢ

Comment

more tajweed practise for those brothers

Comment

Khh like your throat is malfunctioning.
        الصلوۃ والسلام علیک یا سیدی یارسول اللہ

Comment

R u sining if you say it incorrectly??
          Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see.

Comment

I always thought this was more of a slang thing then not knowing the correct pronunciation
            "O you who have believed, shall I guide you to a transaction that will save you from a painful punishment?
            (It is that) you believe in Allah and His Messenger and strive in the cause of Allah with your wealth and your lives. That is best for you, if you should know.
            He will forgive for you your sins and admit you to gardens beneath which rivers flow and pleasant dwellings in gardens of perpetual residence. That is the great attainment"

"And (you will obtain) another (favour) that you love - victory from Allah and an imminent conquest; and give good tidings to the believers"

Comment

Subcontinent folks pronounce "kha" wrong (among many other letters), unfortunately.

There is not much regard for tajweed when memorizing or learning Quran in the Subcontinent, in most cases I beleive. People just read, read, read, but no tajweed.
              Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
              - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post

Subcontinent folks pronounce "kha" wrong (among many other letters), unfortunately.

There is not much regard for tajweed when memorizing or learning Quran in the Subcontinent, in most cases I beleive. People just read, read, read, but no tajweed.
                I agree there. I haven't taught the rules of tajweed but years of reading I learned them myself and the pronunciation too.
                الصلوۃ والسلام علیک یا سیدی یارسول اللہ

Comment

Bro, you can't learn tajweed on your own.

How would you know the way you are pronouncing is correct, unless you have a qualified teacher to approve it (or correct you)?
                  Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."

Comment

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
                    Bro, you can't learn tajweed on your own.

How would you know the way you are pronouncing is correct, unless you have a qualified teacher to approve it (or correct you)?
                    YouTube?? I know it's a lazy answer but....
                    Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see.

Comment

YouTube does not correct you, if you make mistakes.

Comment

The worst is when someone puts insha'Allah in everything - "Insha'Allah my brother got married last week, alhamdulillah, "
                        There is rest only in the aakhira.
                        Man will rest in the aakhira according to how hard he strives in dunya.

- Khaalid Ibn Al Waleed (ra) -

If you find yourself in a time where speech is regarded as knowledge,
                        and knowledge is regarded as deeds,
                        then you are in the worst of times, with the worst of people.

- Abu Hazim Al Ashja'i (ra) -

I saw a dog without any clothes on .
                        That's right, a nude dog.
                        The Deepweb is disgusting.
                        - Unknown -

Links
                        The Middle Road - At-Tanzil - Hifz Thread - Muslim Healthy Living
                        Inheritors of Qur'aan

Download Links

Comment

Working...
                        X