Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• madinah books or shariah program

:salams:

I am currently studying the madinah books via lqtoronto. I'm about at the end of book 1. I've read on other forums that the madinah books are basic to intermediate level of Arabic compared to another course like sp. Anyone here know more about this?

I have also tried sp but it's a bit too advanced for beginners and he goes way too fast.

What do you guys recommend I should do. Continue with the madinah books or stick with sp? Also for anyone that did complete the 3 madinah books , how much of the Quran can you understand now ?
    Yaa Muqallib al Quloob thabbit qalbi 'alaa Deenik
    O Turner of the hearts, make my heart firm upon Your Deen

Re: madinah books or shariah program

Originally posted by no.name View Post

I am currently studying the madinah books via lqtoronto. I'm about at the end of book 1. I've read on other forums that the madinah books are basic to intermediate level of Arabic compared to another course like sp. Anyone here know more about this?

I have also tried sp but it's a bit too advanced for beginners and he goes way too fast.

What do you guys recommend I should do. Continue with the madinah books or stick with sp? Also for anyone that did complete the 3 madinah books , how much of the Quran can you understand now ?
    :wswrwb:

I'm currently at half way of book two. I can understand Quran relatively well, main thing I have issues with is vocabulary, but that's obvious, you'll not know every single word, but you can figure it out from the sentence most of the time. I aim to finish it all the way :insha:, it gives a pretty good foundation in Arabic imo.
    Collection of Arabic Learning material and Islamic Books

Away for a bit :wavey:

Comment

:wswrwb:

Madinah books are great. I loved them. I'm currently in the middle of book 2 but I haven't touched it for over a year. Basically I wrote every single thing down and I have a three full notepads of lessons and exercises. I absolutely love writing. Sadly I got stuck in the worldly matters and never really went back. I would love to go back and resume.

vocabs isn't a problem for me as I know urdu and its kinda similar but the grammar is pretty challenging but fun at the same time. As far as I remember, the basics gets covered in book 1 and 2. Some extra stuff is in book 3 like more advanced. I would suggest finish off this course.
      الصلوۃ والسلام علیک یا سیدی یارسول اللہ

Comment

iv completed all 3, you should have a basic understanding of most of the Quraan after finishing them,
        although i had done some before i started them
        the more arabic you learn, the better, just keep going
        ﺇﺭﺣﻢ ﺗﺮﺣﻢ

Comment

iv completed all 3, you should have a basic understanding of most of the Quraan after finishing them,
          although i had done some before i started them
          the more arabic you learn, the better, just keep going
          As'salamuAlakum

Did you lmemorize all of the Vocabulary from the books? & Which Book helped you a lot with learning the language?

Comment

Originally posted by no.name View Post

In all honesty, even if you master all Arabic Grammar you will still need the help of Arabic Tafseers and books dealing with Arabic Grammar of the Quran to understand each and every Verse. There is حذف of words in the Quran which you must supply in order to understand it correctly.

However, if you have a very good grasp of grammar you should be able to read most of the Quran without problem. I think you should complete the Arabic Madinah Books and then spend time reading a solid Grammar like W.W Wright if you serious about learning Grammar. I don't think the Madinah books cover phrases like لعبادتهما الله where عبادة is the verbal noun, or masdar, of 'abada and the agent is هما and the object is الله which is mansoob. Phrases like this are common in Arabic and you need a good grasp of them. Books like the Madinah seires usually neglect such phrases and can be a weak point in your grammar which can lead to problems latter on.

So my advice is finish the books. Then read W.W Wrights Grammar and you should be set to handle any Arabic text that comes your way.
            Watch those eyes

Comment

Originally posted by Umar_ View Post
              As'salamuAlakum

Did you lmemorize all of the Vocabulary from the books? & Which Book helped you a lot with learning the language?
              as i said, i had already been learning for about 10 months. then i completed them
              so i just went through them fast because i already knew most of the vocab, but id say its the second one and third that help most.
              and its not just about memorising, u will need alot of reading and listening practice aswell, and talking aswell which takes the longest to learn
              و ﻋﻠﻴﻚ ﺍﻟﺴﻠﺎﻡ
              ﺇﺭﺣﻢ ﺗﺮﺣﻢ

Comment

Working...
              X