No announcement yet.

Gcse

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

alhamdulillah :D well I got 50% first time, and could have been 75% (cause I wondered if it was saeed for that one) and 100% if I read the letters right first time
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=dimgray]
    [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by dhakiyya
      alhamdulillah :D well I got 50% first time, and could have been 75% (cause I wondered if it was saeed for that one) and 100% if I read the letters right first time
      I reckon you even get A for 75% or something like that :D
      so when you do ur exam... inshallah you'll get A* :D :up:
      .: Anna :.

Comment

inshallah :D cause I won't be doing it until I've had a LOT more practice... :D ..... and when I can get at least 75% without using a dictionary
        [CENTER]
        [/CENTER]
        [CENTER]
        [/CENTER]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=dimgray]
        [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

inshallah :D cause I won't be doing it until I've had a LOT more practice... :D ..... and when I can get at least 75% without using a dictionary
          yeah, definitely wait untill u feel really confident with it, because its better 2 wait an extra yr n get a better grade innit :D
          I coulda done mine last yr with my friend but I decided not 2 and I'm glad cos I wudnt have done that good!!

Comment

yeah, I agree with that philosophy, do exams when you are ready for them! (don't get me started on forcing kids to all do GCSEs at the same age when some are bored from year 7 onwards cause the works too easy and others just don't get the subject(s) at all and are being put through exams where if they get more than an F it'll be pure fluke )
            [CENTER]
            [/CENTER]
            [CENTER]
            [/CENTER]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=dimgray]
            [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

yeah, I agree with that philosophy, do exams when you are ready for them! (don't get me started on forcing kids to all do GCSEs at the same age when some are bored from year 7 onwards cause the works too easy and others just don't get the subject(s) at all and are being put through exams where if they get more than an F it'll be pure fluke )
              they were thinking of changing that with the GCSE tho innit? to let em do it wen ready or something... heard it on the news b4.
              I thought it was ok doin GCSE in yr 11 though... seemed about the right age for me n most ppl @ my school :D
              the only one I did more rubbishly on was technology cos I hated it with a passion :p

Comment

didn't you go to a selective school though? At selective schools the kids that wouldn't cope with GCSE don't get in

I'll be very supportive of them doing GCSE when they are ready... in my ideal school you'd scrap year groups and kids work their way to GCSE at their own rate in each subject... you might have a kid doing GCSE in one subject and still doing year 7 or year 8 work in another... and if they don't want to do more than basic standard in a subject they shouldn't have to. (though you'd need to have minimum standards for dropping core subjects) .... something like that anyway :p
                [CENTER]
                [/CENTER]
                [CENTER]
                [/CENTER]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=dimgray]
                [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

didn't you go to a selective school though? At selective schools the kids that wouldn't cope with GCSE don't get in

I'll be very supportive of them doing GCSE when they are ready... in my ideal school you'd scrap year groups and kids work their way to GCSE at their own rate in each subject... you might have a kid doing GCSE in one subject and still doing year 7 or year 8 work in another... and if they don't want to do more than basic standard in a subject they shouldn't have to. (though you'd need to have minimum standards for dropping core subjects) .... something like that anyway :p
                  lol oh yeah thats a point lol... I was at Grammar school

ur idea sounds pretty good :up: thats how our arabic school works, mainly grouped from ability not age

Comment

Working...
                  X