Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do these mean? (arabic)

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What do these mean? (arabic)

    :salams:

    Any Arabic speakers? I dunno what these mean.

    3eeb 3alayki
    Hela
    Haterz gonna hate
    AND ~PRINCESSE DOESN'T CARE
    ~Too cool for you~
    My blog:
    https://pikiyoyo.wordpress.com

  • #2
    Re: What do these mean? (arabic)

    :wswrwb:

    First one means "shame on you" or "it is shameful for you [to have done what you have]"

    Second one means "welcome/greetings" and is a form of greeting. Like Marhaba. I prefer the salams myself.
    والمبادرة إلى التكفير إنما تغلب على طباع من يغلب عليهم الجهل - ابن تيمية رحمه الله - بغية المرتاد

    "Rushing towards takfir is an attitude which is dominant over those who are defeated by ignorance." - Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullah [Bughyatul Murtaad, page 354]

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by علي:5048521
      :wswrwb:

      First one means "shame on you" or "it is shameful for you [to have done what you have]"

      Second one means "welcome/greetings" and is a form of greeting. Like Marhaba. I prefer the salams myself.
      Ahh okay, :jkk:
      Haterz gonna hate
      AND ~PRINCESSE DOESN'T CARE
      ~Too cool for you~
      My blog:
      https://pikiyoyo.wordpress.com

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: What do these mean? (arabic)

        Wa iyyakum, but keep in mind that 3ayb 3alayk/3alayki is kind of mild. Like don't think it's the same as when you say "shame on you!" in English. Depending on the context it can be light hearted or reprimanding, usually gently. Of course if someone says it when they're flaming mad, it can be just as bad as shame on you.
        والمبادرة إلى التكفير إنما تغلب على طباع من يغلب عليهم الجهل - ابن تيمية رحمه الله - بغية المرتاد

        "Rushing towards takfir is an attitude which is dominant over those who are defeated by ignorance." - Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullah [Bughyatul Murtaad, page 354]

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: What do these mean? (arabic)

          Anyone know what 'Gezma' means?
          ○○Sabr... is like swallowing something bitter without showing any distaste on your face.○○ -Imam Junaid

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: What do these mean? (arabic)

            Rofl. It's Egyptian for footwear/shoe.

            Notice I said Egyptian, not Arabic :rofl1:
            والمبادرة إلى التكفير إنما تغلب على طباع من يغلب عليهم الجهل - ابن تيمية رحمه الله - بغية المرتاد

            "Rushing towards takfir is an attitude which is dominant over those who are defeated by ignorance." - Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullah [Bughyatul Murtaad, page 354]

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by علي:5048526
              Wa iyyakum, but keep in mind that 3ayb 3alayk/3alayki is kind of mild. Like don't think it's the same as when you say "shame on you!" in English. Depending on the context it can be light hearted or reprimanding, usually gently. Of course if someone says it when they're flaming mad, it can be just as bad as shame on you.
              I understand. 3eeb 3alayki was said to me because I dont speak Arabic. But the person translated it as "go learn your language"... *meano*
              Haterz gonna hate
              AND ~PRINCESSE DOESN'T CARE
              ~Too cool for you~
              My blog:
              https://pikiyoyo.wordpress.com

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: What do these mean? (arabic)

                Originally posted by علي View Post
                Rofl. It's Egyptian for footwear/shoe.

                Notice I said Egyptian, not Arabic :rofl1:
                Ohhhh I see now..

                I've been called 'Yaa ebn el gezmaa!!'

                So was just wondering..

                glad to know I'm the son of a shoe <_<

                and yea I here ya, it's egyptian .. it almost isn't even arabic anymore
                ○○Sabr... is like swallowing something bitter without showing any distaste on your face.○○ -Imam Junaid

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: What do these mean? (arabic)

                  That's bad, I imagine this is road rage eh?

                  Not a nice thing to say to be sure, but can't say I've not heard it before. It's a common one v__v
                  والمبادرة إلى التكفير إنما تغلب على طباع من يغلب عليهم الجهل - ابن تيمية رحمه الله - بغية المرتاد

                  "Rushing towards takfir is an attitude which is dominant over those who are defeated by ignorance." - Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullah [Bughyatul Murtaad, page 354]

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: What do these mean? (arabic)

                    Originally posted by علي View Post
                    That's bad, I imagine this is road rage eh?

                    Not a nice thing to say to be sure, but can't say I've not heard it before. It's a common one v__v
                    Nah, not road rage, something else..

                    Some of these people have a whole arsenal of insults, that was one of the more lighter ones i've heard.
                    ○○Sabr... is like swallowing something bitter without showing any distaste on your face.○○ -Imam Junaid

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: What do these mean? (arabic)

                      Originally posted by علي View Post
                      Rofl. It's Egyptian for footwear/shoe.

                      Notice I said Egyptian, not Arabic :rofl1:
                      I don't understand Egyptian! But I did pick on some words and my teachers find it hilarious when I throw it in conversation.

                      How do I say 'how was your day' in Egyptian? I will use it today :D
                      اذاً لن يضيعنا الله

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X