ma3arakat alkhunduq

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ma3arakat alkhunduq

I have to write about this...n a need a bit of help but I cant explain it all now so I'm gonna post the lesson I've got and IA explain more 2moro, but eventually I have to write a small report on it...so i need a bit of help inshallah
    Attached Files
    .: Anna :.

page 2
    Attached Files

Comment

the bold ones mean I'm not exactly sure of the word, and I'd like a translation for it :)

antalaq alyuhood yutheyroon alfitna
      the jews were rushing about spreading fitna / causing trouble

fa haradhoo qurayshan wa ba3dha qubaa'il ala muhajama almuslimeen

the quraysh and some other tribes determined to something the muslims... ( i guess its like either kill or fight or attack them? )

wa uraadoo bi dhalik iTfaa' noor allahi wal quDHaa' ala rasool allah wa sahaabatihi

and they wanted with that to extinguish the light of allah and kill the prophet saws and his companions

jama3 al mushrikoon ashrat aalaaf muqaatil
      the mushrikoon gathered 2gether 10 thousand fighters

wa kaanoo la yushakawn luhTha fil Nasr
      and they were...something...moment of victory
      I cant really get the full meaning of this sentence, because the la yushakawn part is :confusing: so I dunno if the last bit is right either

fahum alakthar adadan wa addatan
      they were more in number and better equipped

wa saaroo ilal madeena almunawwara
      they went toward the town...
      (i see the word noor in munawwara but im not sure of it...i guess it must be an adj referring 2 the city,because of the construction...my only guess for it would be enlightened or something??)

Comment

wa qad 3azamoo 3ala an yabqaa lihum siyaada
        and they had determinded to stay ruling over them
        (not sure of the full sense of this...i think i understand the words, but )

wa laa yunaazi3hum fihaa ahad
        and noone fought them in that? (for yunaazi3u i got either fight or be close 2 death...am not sure)

wasalat anabaa zuhfil mushrikeen ilal madeena
        the news reached them of the mushrikeen crawling towards the city

fa astashaar arrasool sahaabatihi
        so the prophet saws consulted with his companions

fa ashaar sulmaan alfarsy bi hufri khunduq ya3Simuhum min almushrikeen

so sulman the persian suggested, mentioned, pointed to (?) digging trenches to protect them from the mushrikeen

tuhaalif almushrikoon ma3 yahood banee qureeTha fa ashtad albalaa'

the mushrikoon made an agreement, planned (?) with the jews of banee qureeTHa so the catastrophe got worse

wa balagha khoof almuslimeen ghayaatihi
        and the fear of the muslims reached its highest level

hataa Saar ahadahum la yu'min 3ala nafsihi
        until it came to the point where none of them believed on his soul?! i know the words but not sure of the sense...or does it mean that it got 2 the point where they were not really even trusting each other?

kaan rasoolallahi salallahu alayhi wa salam waathiqan birabihi

the prophet saws was something with his Lord...

muTma'inan 3ala Sadqi risaalatihi
        believing in the truth of his mission

fa akhadha yukhafaf 3an almuslimeen
        so he went to soothe / calm the muslims?

wa yubasharahum bi nasrallah alqareeb 3ala aqwaa dawlatayn fi dhalik alzaman, dawlat alfaars wa dawlat arroom

and he gave them the good news of the victory of Allah that was coming soon in the strongest 2 countries in that time, persia and rome

(so i guess thats the part where he gets the bits of lightening and it lights up and he forsees the spread of Islam to these places...)

wa arsal allahu 3ala almushrikeen reehan qaweeyatan
        and Allah sent a strong wind onto the mushrikeen

fi layla shadeeda alThalama wal barooda

in a night which was strong in shade and coolness??

fa aqtala3at khayaamihim
        and it destroyed their tents

wa qalabat qudooruhum
        and overturned their power??

wa qadhafa allah fi quloobihum alru3ba
        and allah something...put? "ru3ba" in their hearts (no idea what ru3ba is)

fa artadoo 3an almadeena khaaifan khaasireen
        they approached the town scared and losers

innahul Haq yu3loo aw la yu3laa 3alayhi
        that is the truth something or not something on it

Comment

Well, you know I'd :love: to help you, but I'm ;)

ONe day though, I'll be able to understand stuff like that :) Inshallah I'm doing the upper intermediate class next year and inshallah after that I might even do GCSE :)
          [CENTER]
          [/CENTER]
          [CENTER]
          [/CENTER]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=dimgray]
          [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by dhakiyya
            Well, you know I'd :love: to help you, but I'm ;)

ONe day though, I'll be able to understand stuff like that :) Inshallah I'm doing the upper intermediate class next year and inshallah after that I might even do GCSE :)
            :D inshallah one day we'll both get fluent ;) :up: that will b ace :)
            anyway, u might still b able 2 help me try n structure ma essay on it & whatever though, cos sometimes I get and the ideas are all ova da place...

the teacher said we cant exactly just copy wats in those sheets either, so i'm gonna have 2 make some notes out of some other books, & try n write something which makes sense...cos i'm missing next lesson aswell, which is wen they are all gonna be going over this, cos im gonna be on holiday...oh well @ least that means im gonna have a few weeks 2 finish it, so ia i can make it good!

Comment

:insha: :up: :D
              [CENTER]
              [/CENTER]
              [CENTER]
              [/CENTER]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=dimgray]
              [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

I made some more notes....

المعركة التالتة عند المسلمين
                the 3rd battle of the muslims

فى سنة الخامسة بعد بداية الاسلام وبعد بداية نزول القرآن
                in the 5th yr after the start of islam and the start of the revelation of the quran (i put both, cos Islam did like exist b4 the Qur'an....because its the same message 2 all the prophets, but i didnt know if it was clear or not? shud I just put one or the other? and in that case, which sounds better? )

يهود بني قريظة والقريش يرادوا ان يهاجم المسلمين ويهدم الاسلام
                the jews of banee qureeTHa and the Quraysh tribe wanted to attack the muslims and destroy Islam

تفق اليهود مع اهل ابو سفيان ان يعمل جمعاً لقتل الرسول وقال ابو سفيان : اغلى الناس لنا الذين يساعدنا ضد محمد

the jews agreed with abu sufyaan's people (thats the quraysh right, but do i need 2 specify or will it b clear?) to work together to kill the prophet, and abu sofyan said "the dearest people to us are those who help us against muhammad"

فجمع هولاء المشركون عشرة آلاف مقاتل من البدوي في سهل نجد ومن بني اسد وبني غطفان وبعض قبال اخرى

so the mushrikoon (will it be obv im referring 2 the jews & abu sofyaans ppl?) collected 10 thousand fighters, from the nomads of the plain of najd and from banee asad and banee ghuTfaan and some other tribes

ورشو المشركون بعض الناس الاخرى فقال : اذا تساعدنا في مهاجمة المسلمين ، سنعطيكم نصف من كل التمر من مدينة

and the mushrikoon bribed some other people, so they said "if you help us in attacking the muslims, we will give you half of the dates from madina" (yeah, i found out wat muhajama means :up: )

تم جاء بعض الناس من بني خزاعة ليحذر النبي بما يفعل المشركون
                then come people from banee khuzaa'ah came to warn the prophet of what the mushrikoon were doing

there will be more 2 come :insha: just need 2 check if wat i'm actually writing is correct, like in the arabic, and factually...
                .: Rufaida :.
                .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.
                http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h6...th_Silence.jpg
                “People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
                but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.”
                ~ Ibn Atallah

Ramadan Activities for Children
                <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

they reached the prophet in 4 days, so he only had a week to make preparations
                  he saws encouraged the muslims and said theyll have victory if have patience, fear allah and follow orders
                  they discussed best plan of action
                  salmaan alfarsy came up with the idea of digging trenches, everyone agreed with enthusiasm, especially as they didnt want to repeat the strategy of Uhud
                  they borrowed tools and started digging the trench, it was difficult work and each section of the community was incharge of digging an area, and everyone worked from fajr time till twilight
                  they sang the songs they had sung while building the mosque which goes "Oh God, no good is but the good hereafter
                  Forgive the Helpers and the Emigrants!"
                  and "Oh God, no life is but the life of the hereafter
                  Have mercy on the Helpers and the Emigrants"
                  Salman was one of the best of the trench diggers and they said "he does the work of 10 men"
                  they kept some stones from the digging, to use them as missiles in the battle
                  some of the younger boys wanted to help aswell, so the prophet said they could help dig but not in the actual battle.
                  Later there was one rock which could not be moved and Jaabir cried out for help, the prophet came and called for some water, he prayed and then sprinkled the water on the rock, they were then able to easily move it.
                  Another day there was another rock which they were unable to move, and the prophet saws struck it with a pickaxe, causing lighting to light up the sky. There were 3 flashes of light and Salman knew they must have a meaning. He asked the prophet saws about this and he said "by the light of the first I saw the castles of Yemen, by the second I saw the palaces of Syria and by the light of the third I saw the white palace of Kisra and Madaa'in. These lightening beams symbolised the spread of Islam to these countries in the east and the west.
                  The muslims were very hungry from digging the trench and Jabir asked his wife to cook a meal for the prophet saws, she said they did not have much food, but he invited the prophet to eat, and the prophet invited everyone else. Jabir was worried because there was not enough food, but when the meal came, the prophet blessed it and said bismillah and the food became enough to feed all of them.

Comment

يصلوا الى الرسول بعد ٤ ايام فله اسبوع فقط للاعدادات.

they reached the prophet in 4 days, so he only had a week to make preparations

يشجع المسلمين وحدث لهم عن نصرالله القريب وقال عليكم ان يصبرو و...

he saws encouraged the muslims and said theyll have victory if have patience, fear allah and follow orders (wasnt really sure how to say fear allah, and follow orders...do you actually use yukhaaf in this sense? and following orders...could you say uTehu alamr? or something like that? well i didnt know so i left it out)

فاستشار الرسول صحابته عن الكيد الاحسن واشار سلمان الفرسي بحفر خندق، وتفق كل احد متحمساً

the prophet consulted with his companions about the best plan of action and sulmaan alfarsi mentioned digging trenches. everyone agreed enthusiastically

لا ارادوا ان يكرر فن الحرب معركة احد الذي ما كان ناجح

they didnt want to repeat the strategy of the battle of uhud which was not succesful

ستعيرو وسيلات وبدأوا ان يحفر الخندق.
                    they borrowed tools and started digging the trenches

كان عمل صعب وعملوا من وقت الفجر حتى الشفق
                    it was hard work and they worked from fajr time til twilight

غنيوا بعض انشاد التي غنيوها عندما كانو يبنى المسجد ايضاً
                    they sang some songs that they had sung when they were building the mosque aswell (not sure actually what mosque, cos in the book it just said "the mosque" so if anyone can tell me, maybe i can specifiy it)

وكان كلمات الانشاد : يالله، لا حياة الا حياة الاخيرة
                    رحمة على الانصار والمهاجرون
                    يالله لا خير الا خير الاخيرة
                    اغفر الانصار والمهاجرون

and the words of the song were : oh allah, no life but the afterlife
                    have mercy on the helpers and the emigrants
                    oh allah no good but the good of the hereafter
                    forgive the helpers and the emigrants
                    (where can I find the actual words that were used? cos I guess it could be different than my attempted translation...will be better to be accurate factually)

كان سلمان الاحسن فى حفر الخندق وكان مثله كمثل عشرة عمال.
                    salman was the best in digging the trench and he was like ten workers

Comment

Originally posted by Khuzamah
                      [B]
                      wa qadhafa allah fi quloobihum alru3ba
                      and allah something...put? "ru3ba" in their hearts (no idea what ru3ba is)
                      I do now :) Is it fear? Cos I saw a verb with that root...& it said frighten :D
                      ~ Ibn Atallah

<button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

وجمعوا الحجارة من الحفر ليستعملهم فى المعركة و يرميهم الى المشركين
                        and they collected stones from the digging to use in the battle and throw at the mushrikeen

بعض الاولاد الصغيرة ارادوا ان يساعدون كذالك فقال الرسول ان يقدرون ان يساعدون فى حفر الخندق و لكن عليهم ان يخرجون عندما وصل المشركون.
                        some of the young boys wanted to help aswell, so the prophet said they could help in digging the trenches but they had to leave when the mushrikoon arrived

وكان حجر كبير الذي لم يقدر احد ان ينقل، و ناد جابر ان يختج الى مساعدة فجاء الرسول مع قليل من الماء و دعاء ثم صب الماء على الحجر وكان يقدر ان ينقله بسهولة بعد ذلك

and there was a big stone that noone could move, so jaabir called that he needed help, so the prophet came with a bit of water and he made dua and poured the water on the stone and then they were able to move it with ease after that

ويوم آخر كان حجر آخر الذي لم يقدر الناس ان ينقله وضربه الرسول مع معول و سبب ذلك نور في السماء
                        and another day, there was another stone which the people could not move and the prophet hit it with a pickaxe and that caused light in the sky

جاء النور في السماء ثلاثة مرات و عرف سلمان الفرسي ان لذلك معني فسأل الروسل ما المعني
                        the light came three times and salman knew this must have a meaning, so he asked the prophet what was the meaning

قال الرسول، بالنور الاول رأت قلعة اليمن وبالنور الثاني رأت قصر سورية وبالنور الآخر رأت القلعة البضياء من كسرة ومدأن و يرمز ذلك الى امتداد الاسلام فى هولاء البلاد في المستقبل
                        and the prophet said with the 1st light i saw the castle of yemen and with the second light i saw the castle of syria and with the third light i saw the white castle of kasra wa madaa'in (note: whats kasra and madaa'in...i got it from a book but dunno what it is, and i thought rome was in there somewhere?) and that symbolises the spread of islam to these countries in the future

وكان المسلون كلهم تواق من العمل الصعب فقرر جابر ان يدعا الرسول الى بيته لوجبة التي ستتبخ زوجته برغم ان ما كان طعام كثير
                        and all of the muslims (just noticed i missed out a meem...typo)were hungry from the hard work, so jaabar decided to invite the prophet to his house for a meal that his wife would cook, although there was not much food

ثم دعا الرسول كل المسلمين الى بيت جابر لاكل و كان جابر قلق بسبب ان ما كان كاف من الطعام لكل احد
                        then the prophet invited all the muslims to jabirs house for the meal and jabir was worried because there wasnt enough food for everyone

ولكن عندما وصل الوجبة كرسها الرسول وقال : بسم الله وصبح الطعام كافاً
                        but when the meal arrived, the prophet blessed it and said bismillah and the food became enough

:)

Comment

bump...
                          plsssssss help me ia :)
                          ~ Ibn Atallah

Comment

ok....if anyone wants 2 help me now, u can mostly ignore everything above and just read these files :) all I need 2 know, is if they mostly make sense in arabic, even if there are a couple of mistakes...just tell me if u can understand :)
                            Attached Files
                            ~ Ibn Atallah

Comment

:)

(btw i know theres 5 pages which looks like alot....but its excersize pages not a4 and my writing is big, inshallah it wont take tooo long 2 read it :) )
                              Attached Files
                              ~ Ibn Atallah

Comment

Working...
                              X