Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: need an arabic tutor asap

Originally posted by Excuse_me View Post
    I would continue with the madinah books. Are you doing them with the videos? If you live in the GTA I believe there are quite a lot of classes held using these books.

You should visit lqtoronto forums and see if there are any teachers available I know they have a section just for GTA.

Also I believe your goal for learning arabic is to understand the Quran and other islamic sciences so be very careful with choosing a tutor. Unfortunately many people mix fusha with their dialect so it can throw you off. Try to find a teacher that is strong in fusha insha'Allah.
    ya im doing them with the vids
    And the (faithful) slaves of the Most Gracious (All‚h) are those who walk on the earth in humility and sedateness, and when the foolish address them (with bad words) they reply back with mild words of gentleness. (25:63)

O You who believe! Shall I guide you to a trade that will save you from a painful torment? (10) That you believe in All‚h and His Messenger (Muhammad SAW),and that you strive hard and fight in the Cause of All‚h with your wealth and your lives, that will be better for you, if you but know! (11) (If you do so) He will forgive you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, and pleasant dwellings in Adn (Edn) Paradise; that is indeed the great success. (12)

JazakAllah khair for the duas but i would prefer duas for shahadah instead.

sponsor an orphan

Comment

Originally posted by uncle umar View Post
      there is a reason why i want to leave this place. you know, it even gets worse but Allah commands us not to speak of jagw so i wont go any further. but i work in those areas of town so you kind of cant not see the garbage and filth.
      Originally posted by Juvegirl View Post
      I agree, I prefer to learn foos-ha as well.

I didn't speak to my gf last night but will tonight inshallah. Haven't forgotten you.

Everyone claims to not teach dialects. EVERYONE. You have to be really careful. Inshallah if you can get teamed up with someone who does speak Arabic to review what you're learning they will be able to tell you.

For example, if he pronounces the letter jeem like the English "g" in "get" you know you're not getting foos-ha.

And yeah, there are great things about Toronto, and mashallah a lot of resources and a lot of Muslims, but I'm "with" Umar; I am ready to leave inshallah, just working on the details.
      La hawla wala qowwata illa billah ...this town sounds like bad news ..allah save you from the evil there guys , Ameen.
      Jannah is my aim

Comment

ameen.
        And the (faithful) slaves of the Most Gracious (All‚h) are those who walk on the earth in humility and sedateness, and when the foolish address them (with bad words) they reply back with mild words of gentleness. (25:63)

O You who believe! Shall I guide you to a trade that will save you from a painful torment? (10) That you believe in All‚h and His Messenger (Muhammad SAW),and that you strive hard and fight in the Cause of All‚h with your wealth and your lives, that will be better for you, if you but know! (11) (If you do so) He will forgive you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, and pleasant dwellings in Adn (Edn) Paradise; that is indeed the great success. (12)

JazakAllah khair for the duas but i would prefer duas for shahadah instead.

sponsor an orphan

Comment

Assalamu Alaykom, I'm Egyptian Arabic Teacher. I think I can help. Please contact me [email protected]

Comment

Working...
          X