Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mutaharik and Saakin Pronouns

:salams

I really don't understand the difference betwen the two beyond their definitions.

Can someone explain?

BaarakAllaahu feekum

Ibn al-Qayyim: He (Allaah) created the seven seas, but He loved a tear from you (out of fear of Him) but your eyes were tearless.

Re: Mutaharik and Saakin Pronouns

:wswrwb:

That's from kitaab 2 lesson 27 but first are you thorough with lesson 26? Are you studying it alone or with the teacher?

Listen to this >>> Book 2/DVD 13 Part A carefully as it is bit advance from this lesson onwards and if you are not thorough with lesson 26 then i would strongly suggest that you go through that one first :insha:... Also you can gather more explanation from MEdinah book 2 - English key which you can download from the same above link, bi'idhnillaah.

sigpic

Allahumma anta Rabbi la ilaha illa anta Khalaqtani wa ana'abduka, wa ana 'ala 'ahdika wa Wa'dika mastata'tu A'uidhubika min sharri ma sana'tu.' abu'u Laka bi ni 'matika wa'ala abu'u bidhanbi; faghfirli fa'innahu la yaghfiru-dh-dhunuba illa anta.
    O Allah, You are my Lord, none has the right to be worshipped except You, You created me and I am Your servant and I abide to Your covenant and promise as best I can, I take refuge in You from the evil of which I have committed. I acknowledge Your favour upon me and I acknowledgemy sin, so forgive me, for verilynone can forgive sin except You.

We are accountable for every letter we post here, so think before posting and maintain modesty.

Comment

I'm studying it myself sister.

I'ma ctually on Book 1, lesson 5. I do however know that this comes up again in book 2 lesson 27 as you said.

Basically I understand that the group the verb will belong to depens on whether the last letter of the verb has a sukoon or a harakah.

Thi sis my understanding based on the f'il tha-ha-ba:

1) huwa = tha-ha-ba = mustateer.

2) huma = tha-ha-baa = saakin.

3) hum = tha-ha-buw = saakin.

4) hiya = tha-ha-bat = saakin.

5) huma = tha-ha-bataa = saakin.

6) hunna = tha-ha-batunna = mutaharrik.

7) anta = tha-hab-ta = mutaharrik.

8) antuma = tha-hab-tuma = saakin

9) antum = tha-hab-tum = saakin

10) anti = tha-hab-ti = mutaharrik.

11) antuma= tha-hab-tuma = saakin.

12) antunna = tha-hab-tunna = mutaharrik.

13) ana = tha-hab-tu = mutaharrik.

14) nahnu = tha-hab-tuma = saakin.
      Last edited by Bint Yusuf; 02-05-11, 03:58 PM.

Ibn al-Qayyim: He (Allaah) created the seven seas, but He loved a tear from you (out of fear of Him) but your eyes were tearless.

Comment

Alhamdulillaah I found out the solution to my problem. :up:

Comment

^^:masha: :D

But just to clarify, it's lesson 5 of kitaab 2, sa7?

And even 4th dhahabat is mustatir (jst like dhahaba)

Basically first 5 are saakin pronouns and rest nine are mutaharrik in Fi'l maadhi

waAllaahu 'Aalam.

sigpic

Allahumma anta Rabbi la ilaha illa anta Khalaqtani wa ana'abduka, wa ana 'ala 'ahdika wa Wa'dika mastata'tu A'uidhubika min sharri ma sana'tu.' abu'u Laka bi ni 'matika wa'ala abu'u bidhanbi; faghfirli fa'innahu la yaghfiru-dh-dhunuba illa anta.
          O Allah, You are my Lord, none has the right to be worshipped except You, You created me and I am Your servant and I abide to Your covenant and promise as best I can, I take refuge in You from the evil of which I have committed. I acknowledge Your favour upon me and I acknowledgemy sin, so forgive me, for verilynone can forgive sin except You.

We are accountable for every letter we post here, so think before posting and maintain modesty.

Comment

La, al-darusul khamsatu fil kitaabi waa7id.

Yes, but what I was getting confused about was that for some of the pronouns that are mutahharik they end in a sukoon. But I found out that when the attached pronoun is made up of more than one letter, then the absence or presence of the vowel on the first letter dictates the classification. So even though the very last letter of tha-ha-batuma is saaakin (the alif having the sukoon) the taa has a dhummah.

Comment

Are you sure? lol I could swear it's in 2nd kitaab 5th dars. First kitaab lesson 5 is about possessive phrase (Mudhaaf/Mudhaaf ilayhi) :P

:masha: ukhty, you got it now:D

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ansaariyah View Post
                Are you sure? lol I could swear it's in 2nd kitaab 5th dars. First kitaab lesson 5 is about possessive phrase (Mudhaaf/Mudhaaf ilayhi) :P

:masha: ukhty, you got it now:D
                Lol sorry, I'm following lqtoron videos so he covered it in that lesson. Even though it's not really in that lesson according to the madinah books. No wonder I found it hard to get my head around it without no teacher too LOL.

alhamdulillaah i got it yes lol. jazakiAllaahu khayran for your help! :)

Comment

Oh right can you link them here pls? I would like to try it since I am doing these lessons in class.

Wa Iyyaki :d

sigpic

Comment

http://www.lqtoronto.com/videos.html <- that's where it talks about mutaharik and saakin groups.

He revises it again in -> http://www.lqtoronto.com/videos.html

He doesn't go into detail as it's book2 stuff hence why I got confused a bit lol and had to fill in the gaps of my understanding elsewhere wa laakin alhamdulillaah.

Where do you study Arabic?

Comment

Oh yes I have watched few of these vids from kalamullah.com and lol yea I have sense the teacher does go off topic in almost every chapter but :masha: hes got some funny ways to teach and memorize tables with rhythm :alhumdull

I am studying it online atm, you can also join TMR's classes, them are very beneficial :alhumdull altho we have done quite alot now but I am sure you can catch up :insha: :d

sigpic

Comment

Yes he does lol, maashaaAllaah. I fast forward his rhymes though lol.

TMR's classes? Where? and inshaaAllaah. jazakiAllaahu khayran

Comment

^^Lol tht's nothing you will listen to them more as you progress :insha:

Chk out this thread>> http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...Arabic-Classes

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X