Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it mubtada or mubtada-un?

Assalamu 'Alikum,

Can someone assist please; is the subject of the nominal sentence (jumlatul ismiyyah) pronounced as mubtada or mubtada-un? And kindly explain why for which option.

Jazaak-Allahu khair.
    [CENTER][FONT=Book Antiqua][B][COLOR="#009933"]"I put my trust in Allah, My Lord and your Lord! There is not a moving creature, but He hath grasp of its fore-lock. Verily, it is my Lord that is on a straight Path.[/B]" -[B] [11: 56 ][/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]

Re: Is it mubtada or mubtada-un?

Looks like this: مُبْتَدَأٌ
    [CENTER][FONT=Book Antiqua][B][COLOR="#009933"]"I put my trust in Allah, My Lord and your Lord! There is not a moving creature, but He hath grasp of its fore-lock. Verily, it is my Lord that is on a straight Path.[/B]" -[B] [11: 56 ][/B][/COLOR][/FONT][/CENTER]

Comment

:wswrwb:

It's both :p

In actual fact it should be mubtada-un, but when speaking we don't normally pronounce the vowels at the ends of the words, so it just becomes mubtada.

Another example of this, the name Muhammad is actually Muhammadun مُحَمَّدٌ but you don't really hear people saying that all the time, do you?
      Last edited by Hiking; 13-04-11, 01:28 AM.
      It is narrated on the authority of Jabir that he heard the (Holy Prophet)[:saw:] say: A Muslim is he from whose hand and tongue the Muslims are safe.
      -Muslim

Comment

Jazaak-Allah khair, but I am confused because this teacher still pronounced this word, whilst some of the other words the ending vowels were omitted:

حَرْفُ الْجَرِّ as "Harful Jari" and not "Harful Jar", so did she make a mistake? Or this an exception to the rule?

Comment

^ opps omit that I just got the word normally....shukran, so it's allowed.

Comment

It's uncommon to hear a person speaking with all the vowelling, but neither way is incorrect. If she says 'harful jarri' one moment and 'harful jarr' the next, it doesn't really make a difference to the meaning of the word. :)

Edit: Just saw your post. Alhamdulillah!
            It is narrated on the authority of Jabir that he heard the (Holy Prophet)[:saw:] say: A Muslim is he from whose hand and tongue the Muslims are safe.
            -Muslim

Comment

the grammarians call it mubatada and khabyr I believe.. cuz i asked my teacher about this.. most of the time he answers with, "Because the Arabs read it this way.." lol
              ‎"Listen with the ears of tolerance. See through the eyes of compassion. Speak with the language of love."
              Rumi RahimuAllah.

Comment

Working...
              X