• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• uncle umar
    replied
    Re: questions on a couple of maads

Originally posted by Jenicca View Post
    What's Pakistani tajweed???

Lol akhi if your in Canada I can ask my cousin for you. He teaches hifdh and might know some people inshaallah.

If you are sincere then without a doubt Allah will make a way out for you inshaallah. He always does.
    like "lazeena" lol. or "bay" instead of "baa" ect ect.

the last qari from pakistan i hired i argued with over the letter baa and how its pronounces. he actually said its "bsay" like he said it with a "s" sound with it. i told him he was wrong. he told me what do i know i dont know anything, at that point i told him that i atleadt know how to pronounce the alphabets and the ended the lesson.

Leave a comment:

• uncle umar
    replied

Originally posted by AbuHaneefah View Post
    Does google maps have a Qari locator now!

That is an awesome feature.

The people of knowledge don't go around broadcasting that they have knowledge, you need to spend time looking for these people. Not all the Asians read with Pakistani Tajweed, you will have to ask around, until then, look for an online teacher.
    ok, fine dont belive me.

but im telling you, the closts people are there.

i know, because of the following:

the 2 nesrest hubs are northbay and sudbury. both have masjids, but are only open on fridays basicly. we are in contact with them. we know who lives there. we would know if there was person of knowlefge. this is because we are pretty tight knit.

if you dont want to belive your brother, go stright ahead.

ma salama.

Leave a comment:

• .Abu.Rambo.
    replied

sunnipath.com

seekersguidance.com

both have online tajweed teachers.

Leave a comment:

• Jenicca
    replied

What's Pakistani tajweed???

Lol akhi if your in Canada I can ask my cousin for you. He teaches hifdh and might know some people inshaallah.

If you are sincere then without a doubt Allah will make a way out for you inshaallah. He always does.

Leave a comment:

• AbuIbraheem.
    replied

Originally posted by uncle umar View Post
    sure, that would work. then i can stop wasting people time on ummah i suppose, lol.

depends though if hes got the pakistani arabic or not. i was not too happy last time about that lol.

as for the closest qari to where i am.

the province i live in is probably bigger then your entire country lol.

i will show you on google maps where i live, and where the nearest qari is.

http://distancecalculator.globefeed....=-79.416304194

thats a 9 hour car ride, or a 12 hour train ride.

it also costs me 300$ for a 2 way ticket.

i simply do not have the money to be spending like that.
    Does google maps have a Qari locator now!

That is an awesome feature.

The people of knowledge don't go around broadcasting that they have knowledge, you need to spend time looking for these people. Not all the Asians read with Pakistani Tajweed, you will have to ask around, until then, look for an online teacher.

Leave a comment:

• uncle umar
    replied

sure, that would work. then i can stop wasting people time on ummah i suppose, lol.

depends though if hes got the pakistani arabic or not. i was not too happy last time about that lol.

as for the closest qari to where i am.

the province i live in is probably bigger then your entire country lol.

i will show you on google maps where i live, and where the nearest qari is.

http://distancecalculator.globefeed....=-79.416304194

thats a 9 hour car ride, or a 12 hour train ride.

it also costs me 300$ for a 2 way ticket.

i simply do not have the money to be spending like that.

Leave a comment:

• AbuIbraheem.
    replied

Think about it like this: if i had a better means of learning arabic then by helplessly asking random people on the internet, dont you think ide persue that instead?
    There are definitely better ways of learning Arabic, I can introduce you to someone who teaches online if you like.

However Tajweed is different and you really need a teacher to be there so he can see your mouth and how you are making the sounds.

If you can find a teacher that is only an hour away then i would recommend you travel once a week to go and learn there.
    I know people who travel at least 3 hours each way to study with the teacher I study with every week.

Leave a comment:

• uncle umar
    replied

Think about it like this: if i had a better means of learning arabic then by helplessly asking random people on the internet, dont you think ide persue that instead?

Leave a comment:

• AbuIbraheem.
    replied

I don't get what '1s ,ours' means?

Leave a comment:

• uncle umar
    replied

Originally posted by AbuHaneefah View Post
    You don't have to make Hijra, jsut find a teacher that can recite Qur'an properly.
    Are you saying that there is no-one within hundreds of miles that can recite Qur'an properly?
    Maybe you haven't looked hard enough.
    Lol brother the nearest muslim community is 1s ,ours away ide hav to make hijra and if i make hijra its not going to be to another part of canada lol. inbetween here and toronto thewre are very small muslim communities with no people of knowledge.

Leave a comment:

• AbuIbraheem.
    replied

Lol indeed that is a valid reason for hijra however......anyways ill do my best for now. i know it wont be perfect but for the time being i dont really have much of a choice.
    You don't have to make Hijra, jsut find a teacher that can recite Qur'an properly.
    Are you saying that there is no-one within hundreds of miles that can recite Qur'an properly?
    Maybe you haven't looked hard enough.

Leave a comment:

• uncle umar
    replied

Lol indeed that is a valid reason for hijra however......anyways ill do my best for now. i know it wont be perfect but for the time being i dont really have much of a choice.

Leave a comment:

• AbuIbraheem.
    replied

Im not saying this to boast or anything, im just stating this to prove a point. you can even verify what im about to say with samin62 if you dont belive me. just freom copying misharys recitation ive got more or less correct recitation. this is ofcourse after 2 years of reciting every day but nonetheless still got it lol. i you put enough effort into somthing then nothing but Allahs decree can stop you.
    You can't learn Makharij from watching and listening only, you need to be corrected by a teacher. You might think that your pronounciation sounds the same etc. but only a qualified teacher will be able to identify and correct your mistakes.
    If there is no-one locally then travel to the nearest place where there are proper teachers, if not try one of these online teachers.

People used to travel hundreds of miles , walking for knowledge, nowadays they want it 'mind-melded' into thier brains without leaving the comfort of their chair.

Leave a comment:

• uncle umar
    replied

Im not saying this to boast or anything, im just stating this to prove a point. you can even verify what im about to say with samin62 if you dont belive me. just freom copying misharys recitation ive got more or less correct recitation. this is ofcourse after 2 years of reciting every day but nonetheless still got it lol. i you put enough effort into somthing then nothing but Allahs decree can stop you.

Leave a comment:

• Jenicca
    replied

Ofcourse a teacher would be the best option. but thats not avalible to me at the time being. what i got are some basic books, recitations and youtube videos where i copy over and over lol untill i get the sound right. like i said im not going to let the lack of a one on one teacher deter me from this.
    May Allah make it easy for you, May Allah accept your efforts, and May Allah bless you with an excellent teacher soon.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X