X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: questions on a couple of maads

Originally posted by Ansaariyah View Post
    The Rules of Madd

Madd means to stretch the letters of Madd or Leen (forget abt leen for now).

There are two types of Madd:
    A Madd l-Asli
    B Madd l-Far'i

A Madd l-Asli (Natural Madd): Is that madd, wherein, after the letters of Madd there is no hamzah ء or sukoon ْـ

1. The letters of Madd l-Asli are three ا و ي, they will be letters of madd when;
    a) The alif ا has a letter with a fat-ha َـ before it.
    E.g.: الْعَالَمِينَ {Surah Al-Faatihah}
    There is laam with fat-ha لَand no hamzah ء or sukoon ْـ after عَا

b) The waaw و is saakin, before it is a letter with a dommah ُـ.
    E.g.: الْمَغْضُوبِ{Surah Al-Faatihah}
    There is baa with kasra بِand no hamzah ء or sukoon ْـ after ضُوْ

c) The Yaa ي is saakin, before it is a letter with a kasra.
    E.g.: الرَّحِيمِ {Surah Al-Faatihah}
    There is Meem with kasra مِand no hamzah ء or sukoon ْـ after حِيْ

2. The duration of Madd l-asli is one alif (or 2 harakaat).
    It is not permissible to stretch the madd l-asli, more than one alif, no ris it correct to make this madd less than one alif..

The classic example of all three letters of madd in one word is نُوْحِيْحَا

Hope it helps so far about Madd l-asli (natural madd). I will post about Madd l-Far'i and it's categories, soon :insha:
    makes sence but one question.

you mention the letters after the madd as having no sukoon or hamza. is there a specific reason why?

also, whats a huroofe? is this the pakistani term?
    Last edited by uncle umar; 16-02-11, 02:17 AM.
    And the (faithful) slaves of the Most Gracious (All‚h) are those who walk on the earth in humility and sedateness, and when the foolish address them (with bad words) they reply back with mild words of gentleness. (25:63)

O You who believe! Shall I guide you to a trade that will save you from a painful torment? (10) That you believe in All‚h and His Messenger (Muhammad SAW),and that you strive hard and fight in the Cause of All‚h with your wealth and your lives, that will be better for you, if you but know! (11) (If you do so) He will forgive you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, and pleasant dwellings in Adn (Edn) Paradise; that is indeed the great success. (12)

JazakAllah khair for the duas but i would prefer duas for shahadah instead.

sponsor an orphan

Comment

leen letter are wow and ya madds but only if there is a fatha in the letter before it.

i.e. an alif with a fatha, followed up with a wow or a ya madd.

like "aaudhobillahi" is an example id an alif with a leen madd? sayfullah would be an example of a seen with a fatha, and a ya madd (leen?)
      And the (faithful) slaves of the Most Gracious (All‚h) are those who walk on the earth in humility and sedateness, and when the foolish address them (with bad words) they reply back with mild words of gentleness. (25:63)

O You who believe! Shall I guide you to a trade that will save you from a painful torment? (10) That you believe in All‚h and His Messenger (Muhammad SAW),and that you strive hard and fight in the Cause of All‚h with your wealth and your lives, that will be better for you, if you but know! (11) (If you do so) He will forgive you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, and pleasant dwellings in Adn (Edn) Paradise; that is indeed the great success. (12)

sponsor an orphan

Comment

I've learned zer, zabar, pesh. So, I probably can't help you much.

That's all the help I can give:

Zer = kasrah
        Zabar = fatha
        Pesh = dhammah.

Why'd you buy the Desi Qaida?
        Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
        - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

it was given to me lol.

also lol, now i understand my issue.

harfe madd=hourfe illat.

a-durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

im an idiot.

sponsor an orphan

Comment

also sun and moon letters= qamri and shamsi right?

sponsor an orphan

Comment

the other issue is that for the madd munfasil in this book, they dont wite the alifs with hamza but instead they use harakat on them, and hence my confusion even further. i now know though that they mean the same thing, as an alif with a hamza under it is the same as an alif with a kasra,.

lol.

im sorry people.

sponsor an orphan

Comment

Originally posted by uncle umar View Post
                ok, tell me if i understand up to this oiunt.

a madd means to elongate.

so, any time we see a anlif after a fatha, a ya after a kasra, or a wow after a dhammah, this is a madd letter correct?
                na'am :masha:

when you see a madd letter after a hamza, it will be even longer (as the regular count it 2 vowel sounds) ?
                before hamzah or sukoon.

the hamza will only appear if there is a correct madd i.e. if there is a word with a fatha but it has a ya madd (i.e. like bayt or sayfe(sayfeullah :) ) then there will be no hamza. the hamze HAS to be in a place there the voel mark (what is the marabic worm for a fatha, kasra, or dhammah?) and the madd are of the same "family"

correct or not?
                About this bit I am kinda :scratch:

makes sence but one question.

you mention the letters after the madd as having no sukoon or hamza. is there a specific reason why?
                If there is a hamzah or sukoon after the letter of madd then it's no longer called Madd l-Asli, rather it's now Madd l-Far'i (Secondary madd).

also, whats a huroofe? is this the pakistani term?
                Basically Harf means one letter and al-Huroof (plural of harf) means many letters. You will learn more about it in later madd stages :insha:

leen letter are wow and ya madds but only if there is a fatha in the letter before it.

i.e. an alif with a fatha, followed up with a wow or a ya madd.

like "aaudhobillahi" is an example id an alif with a leen madd? sayfullah would be an example of a seen with a fatha, and a ya madd (leen?)
                Hmm sorry I think it's bit unclear with alif bit. Rest seems correct :up:

also sun and moon letters= qamri and shamsi right?
                It's other way round, Qamriyyah means Moon letters and Shamsiyyah means Sun letters, easy way to remember is, S for Sun and S for Shams, hence shams is for sun and thus other one is for moon i.e. qamar.

the other issue is that for the madd munfasil in this book, they dont wite the alifs with hamza but instead they use harakat on them, and hence my confusion even further. i now know though that they mean the same thing, as an alif with a hamza under it is the same as an alif with a kasra,.

lol.

im sorry people.
                For now forget about madd l-munfasil, go step by step.
                Last edited by Ansaariyah; 16-02-11, 12:27 PM.

sigpic

Allahumma anta Rabbi la ilaha illa anta Khalaqtani wa ana'abduka, wa ana 'ala 'ahdika wa Wa'dika mastata'tu A'uidhubika min sharri ma sana'tu.' abu'u Laka bi ni 'matika wa'ala abu'u bidhanbi; faghfirli fa'innahu la yaghfiru-dh-dhunuba illa anta.
                O Allah, You are my Lord, none has the right to be worshipped except You, You created me and I am Your servant and I abide to Your covenant and promise as best I can, I take refuge in You from the evil of which I have committed. I acknowledge Your favour upon me and I acknowledgemy sin, so forgive me, for verilynone can forgive sin except You.

We are accountable for every letter we post here, so think before posting and maintain modesty.

Comment

You need a teacher to teach you Tajweed, you can't learn it from the books by yourself.

There is another problem with the Urdu print Qur'ans when it comes to Alif's and hamzahs - they make many hamzas alifs.

Check Al-Qaria and Surah At Takathur (Al Haaqu muttaka) in both mus'hafs and see the difference.
                  Hadith, Fiqh and Tafsir Scholarship
                  http://www.al-salam.co.uk/[B][COLOR="#006400"]

Comment

Lol well i dont have a teacher and i refuse to hire p qari from pakistan with their pakistani arabic lol they got the very basics wrong like prononce ba correctly lol. thes issues are small hurdels to overcome. i refuse to be held back because of some minor issues. i will learn this even if this is the last thing i do.

sponsor an orphan

Comment

If anyone can get a teacher in person please do so it will only benefit you. No book can replace one to one lessons esp in tajweed and the shape and form of the tounge and mouth etc....

I spent 9 years learning quran with my teacher on an almost daily basis.....and I'm still not upto scratch.
                      وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"If Allah (swt) only sent this Surah to us, for the guidance of Mankind, this will be enough for usĒ - Imam Shaafi'ee r.a.

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

Ofcourse a teacher would be the best option. but thats not avalible to me at the time being. what i got are some basic books, recitations and youtube videos where i copy over and over lol untill i get the sound right. like i said im not going to let the lack of a one on one teacher deter me from this.

sponsor an orphan

Comment

Ofcourse a teacher would be the best option. but thats not avalible to me at the time being. what i got are some basic books, recitations and youtube videos where i copy over and over lol untill i get the sound right. like i said im not going to let the lack of a one on one teacher deter me from this.
                          May Allah make it easy for you, May Allah accept your efforts, and May Allah bless you with an excellent teacher soon.
                          وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"If Allah (swt) only sent this Surah to us, for the guidance of Mankind, this will be enough for usĒ - Imam Shaafi'ee r.a.

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

Im not saying this to boast or anything, im just stating this to prove a point. you can even verify what im about to say with samin62 if you dont belive me. just freom copying misharys recitation ive got more or less correct recitation. this is ofcourse after 2 years of reciting every day but nonetheless still got it lol. i you put enough effort into somthing then nothing but Allahs decree can stop you.

sponsor an orphan

Comment

Im not saying this to boast or anything, im just stating this to prove a point. you can even verify what im about to say with samin62 if you dont belive me. just freom copying misharys recitation ive got more or less correct recitation. this is ofcourse after 2 years of reciting every day but nonetheless still got it lol. i you put enough effort into somthing then nothing but Allahs decree can stop you.
                              You can't learn Makharij from watching and listening only, you need to be corrected by a teacher. You might think that your pronounciation sounds the same etc. but only a qualified teacher will be able to identify and correct your mistakes.
                              If there is no-one locally then travel to the nearest place where there are proper teachers, if not try one of these online teachers.

People used to travel hundreds of miles , walking for knowledge, nowadays they want it 'mind-melded' into thier brains without leaving the comfort of their chair.
                              Hadith, Fiqh and Tafsir Scholarship
                              http://www.al-salam.co.uk/[B][COLOR="#006400"]

Comment

Lol indeed that is a valid reason for hijra however......anyways ill do my best for now. i know it wont be perfect but for the time being i dont really have much of a choice.

sponsor an orphan

Comment

Working...
                                X