X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: questions on a couple of maads

Originally posted by uncle umar View Post
    its the noorani qaaidah....
    All the scholars of tajweed I have ever seen say Medd Mutassil is 4 to 5 Harakat.

Including Imam Al Jazari and Al Shatibi
    Hadith, Fiqh and Tafsir Scholarship
    http://www.al-salam.co.uk/[B][COLOR="#006400"]

Comment

whats a harakat? a vowel mark thingy?
      And the (faithful) slaves of the Most Gracious (All‚h) are those who walk on the earth in humility and sedateness, and when the foolish address them (with bad words) they reply back with mild words of gentleness. (25:63)

O You who believe! Shall I guide you to a trade that will save you from a painful torment? (10) That you believe in All‚h and His Messenger (Muhammad SAW),and that you strive hard and fight in the Cause of All‚h with your wealth and your lives, that will be better for you, if you but know! (11) (If you do so) He will forgive you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, and pleasant dwellings in Adn (Edn) Paradise; that is indeed the great success. (12)

JazakAllah khair for the duas but i would prefer duas for shahadah instead.

sponsor an orphan

Comment

You probably call it Zobar, Zer and Pesh.
        They are the vowel markings.

In the common Hafs an A'sim reading of Qur'an the meem in مَـلِكِ يَوْمِ الدِّينِ is 2 Harakat, in the Warsh & Qaloon readings it is one haraka

Comment

The Rules of Madd

Madd means to stretch the letters of Madd or Leen (forget abt leen for now).

There are two types of Madd:
          A Madd l-Asli
          B Madd l-Far'i

A Madd l-Asli (Natural Madd): Is that madd, wherein, after the letters of Madd there is no hamzah ء or sukoon ْـ

1. The letters of Madd l-Asli are three ا و ي, they will be letters of madd when;
          a) The alif ا has a letter with a fat-ha َـ before it.
          E.g.: الْعَالَمِينَ {Surah Al-Faatihah}
          There is laam with fat-ha لَand no hamzah ء or sukoon ْـ after عَا

b) The waaw و is saakin, before it is a letter with a dommah ُـ.
          E.g.: الْمَغْضُوبِ{Surah Al-Faatihah}
          There is baa with kasra بِand no hamzah ء or sukoon ْـ after ضُوْ

c) The Yaa ي is saakin, before it is a letter with a kasra.
          E.g.: الرَّحِيمِ {Surah Al-Faatihah}
          There is Meem with kasra مِand no hamzah ء or sukoon ْـ after حِيْ

2. The duration of Madd l-asli is one alif (or 2 harakaat).
          It is not permissible to stretch the madd l-asli, more than one alif, no ris it correct to make this madd less than one alif..

The classic example of all three letters of madd in one word is نُوْحِيْحَا

Hope it helps so far about Madd l-asli (natural madd). I will post about Madd l-Far'i and it's categories, soon :insha:
          Last edited by Ansaariyah; 16-02-11, 12:40 AM.

sigpic

Allahumma anta Rabbi la ilaha illa anta Khalaqtani wa ana'abduka, wa ana 'ala 'ahdika wa Wa'dika mastata'tu A'uidhubika min sharri ma sana'tu.' abu'u Laka bi ni 'matika wa'ala abu'u bidhanbi; faghfirli fa'innahu la yaghfiru-dh-dhunuba illa anta.
          O Allah, You are my Lord, none has the right to be worshipped except You, You created me and I am Your servant and I abide to Your covenant and promise as best I can, I take refuge in You from the evil of which I have committed. I acknowledge Your favour upon me and I acknowledgemy sin, so forgive me, for verilynone can forgive sin except You.

We are accountable for every letter we post here, so think before posting and maintain modesty.

Comment

ya in the book its the zer zabr or pehs but i dont wanna learn pakistani arabic (its ba not saa) i wanna learn the real deal. fatha kasra dhammah lol
            as for the rest of you post, i have no idea what you are talking about...
            And the (faithful) slaves of the Most Gracious (All‚h) are those who walk on the earth in humility and sedateness, and when the foolish address them (with bad words) they reply back with mild words of gentleness. (25:63)

O You who believe! Shall I guide you to a trade that will save you from a painful torment? (10) That you believe in All‚h and His Messenger (Muhammad SAW),and that you strive hard and fight in the Cause of All‚h with your wealth and your lives, that will be better for you, if you but know! (11) (If you do so) He will forgive you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, and pleasant dwellings in Adn (Edn) Paradise; that is indeed the great success. (12)

sponsor an orphan

Comment

Originally posted by AbuHaneefah View Post
              All the scholars of tajweed I have ever seen say Medd Mutassil is 4 to 5 Harakat.

Including Imam Al Jazari and Al Shatibi
              You are probably confusing alif with harakah.

sigpic

Allahumma anta Rabbi la ilaha illa anta Khalaqtani wa ana'abduka, wa ana 'ala 'ahdika wa Wa'dika mastata'tu A'uidhubika min sharri ma sana'tu.' abu'u Laka bi ni 'matika wa'ala abu'u bidhanbi; faghfirli fa'innahu la yaghfiru-dh-dhunuba illa anta.
              O Allah, You are my Lord, none has the right to be worshipped except You, You created me and I am Your servant and I abide to Your covenant and promise as best I can, I take refuge in You from the evil of which I have committed. I acknowledge Your favour upon me and I acknowledgemy sin, so forgive me, for verilynone can forgive sin except You.

We are accountable for every letter we post here, so think before posting and maintain modesty.

Comment

i think i get it harakat is the seconds, so alif fatha alif aaa and ba kasrah yaa biiii is 2 seconds long and that alif madd #(that thick line#)#? is 4 secs#? and ghunna on fathah tain is#? and on noon sukun is#?

Recipes for all the family :inlove:
                (and you thought I was a lazy feminazi which can't cook?)

Comment

Originally posted by Ansaariyah View Post
                  You are probably confusing alif with harakah.
                  I'm not confusing it.

I know what 4 harakat are. It's just four times what a normal vowel is.

I have no idea how many Harakat's an Alif is, those rules in the Urdu books make no sense to me.

Comment

im learning rehmani qaida.... whats the diff between the qaidas#?

Recipes for all the family :inlove:
                    (and you thought I was a lazy feminazi which can't cook?)

Comment

Originally posted by naila-k View Post
                      i think i get it harakat is the seconds, so alif fatha alif aaa and ba kasrah yaa biiii is 2 seconds long and that alif madd #(that thick line#)#? is 4 secs#? and ghunna on fathah tain is#? and on noon sukun is#?
                      No, harakat isn't seconds, it depends on the speed you are reading. If you are reading like Shaykh Abdul Basit then it will be much longer.

A Harakat is just a normal length of a vowel, like alif fatha is 'aa'

When you make Medd Mutassil is is Wajib to lengthen the Medd to 4 of those.

Like Samaaaa'a (سماء )

Comment

ok...........

sponsor an orphan

Comment

Originally posted by AbuHaneefah View Post
                          I'm not confusing it.

I know what 4 harakat are. It's just four times what a normal vowel is.

I have no idea how many Harakat's an Alif is, those rules in the Urdu books make no sense to me.
                          It's not about urdu book, different authors (classical/contemporary) explain it with different terms, but the same durations are intended by the authors.

The duration of qasr would be 1 alif, which would be equal to 2 harakaat: the first harakah on the letter itself and the second would be the same amount of time it took to pronounce the letter of madd. So that means every two harakaat equals one alif.

sigpic

Comment

try this, seems reliable

http://www.abouttajweed.com/the-mudo...ngs-/index.php

Comment

ok so this thread made me realise i have no idea what the terms are. so i should go learn the terms. like what madd means, ect ect

sponsor an orphan

Comment

ok, tell me if i understand up to this oiunt.

a madd means to elongate.

so, any time we see a anlif after a fatha, a ya after a kasra, or a wow after a dhammah, this is a madd letter correct?

when you see a madd letter after a hamza, it will be even longer (as the regular count it 2 vowel sounds) ?

the hamza will only appear if there is a correct madd i.e. if there is a word with a fatha but it has a ya madd (i.e. like bayt or sayfe(sayfeullah :) ) then there will be no hamza. the hamze HAS to be in a place there the voel mark (what is the marabic worm for a fatha, kasra, or dhammah?) and the madd are of the same "family"

correct or not?

sponsor an orphan

Comment

Working...
                                X