Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• questions on a couple of maads

salam.

im going through the qaidah however the translation of it is horrible and thus leave me confused on some of the maads.

like:

the two different harfe madds. it dosent explain the duration and dosent explain why there are 2 different madds. they mention somthing about hamza but the sentence is broken so i have no idea what they mean.

mentions somthing about madd laazim too.

on the next page there is a lesson on huroof-e-maqat'ta'aat, whatever that is. it dosent even come with en explanation. its just a bunch of words with the privious pages maads, so im assuming that its an exersise for the privious pages lesson?

everything else im good with. know the laws of noon sakoon and igdam and ghunnah ect ect ect but its just this one think i dont get cause of lack of a good explanation.
    And the (faithful) slaves of the Most Gracious (All‚h) are those who walk on the earth in humility and sedateness, and when the foolish address them (with bad words) they reply back with mild words of gentleness. (25:63)

O You who believe! Shall I guide you to a trade that will save you from a painful torment? (10) That you believe in All‚h and His Messenger (Muhammad SAW),and that you strive hard and fight in the Cause of All‚h with your wealth and your lives, that will be better for you, if you but know! (11) (If you do so) He will forgive you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, and pleasant dwellings in Adn (Edn) Paradise; that is indeed the great success. (12)

JazakAllah khair for the duas but i would prefer duas for shahadah instead.

sponsor an orphan

Re: questions on a couple of maads

Originally posted by uncle umar View Post
    salam.
    :wswrwb:

im going through the qaidah however the translation of it is horrible and thus leave me confused on some of the maads.
    get a better ecopy then :insha:
    like:

the two different harfe madds. it dosent explain the duration and dosent explain why there are 2 different madds. they mention somthing about hamza but the sentence is broken so i have no idea what they mean.

mentions somthing about madd laazim too.

on the next page there is a lesson on huroof-e-maqat'ta'aat whatever that is. it dosent even come with en explanation. its just a bunch of words with the privious pages maads, so im assuming that its an exersise for the privious pages lesson?

everything else im good with. know the laws of noon sakoon and igdam and ghunnah ect ect ect but its just this one think i dont get cause of lack of a good explanation.
    (Huroof al-Muqata'aat means the Abbreviated Letters)

First of all Al-Madd means extending, stretching, elongating (of sound). In some madd rulings you have to stretch longer than other.

Madd l-laazim (Necessary elongation): Stretching of madd here will be of 6 harakah/counts and it's the longest one. It is divided into four types. Initially they are of two types, namely Kilmi (in one word) and Harfi (letter) <<these two are further subdivided into muthaqqal and mukhaffaf. In this manner lāzim has four types as shown below.

Madd l-laazim

A. Kilmi
    1. Muthaqqal
    2. Mukhaffaf

B. Harfi
    1. Muthaqqal
    2. Mukhaffaf

Watch these links Madd l-laazim kilmi

Madd l-laazim Harfi

sigpic

Allahumma anta Rabbi la ilaha illa anta Khalaqtani wa ana'abduka, wa ana 'ala 'ahdika wa Wa'dika mastata'tu A'uidhubika min sharri ma sana'tu.' abu'u Laka bi ni 'matika wa'ala abu'u bidhanbi; faghfirli fa'innahu la yaghfiru-dh-dhunuba illa anta.
    O Allah, You are my Lord, none has the right to be worshipped except You, You created me and I am Your servant and I abide to Your covenant and promise as best I can, I take refuge in You from the evil of which I have committed. I acknowledge Your favour upon me and I acknowledgemy sin, so forgive me, for verilynone can forgive sin except You.

We are accountable for every letter we post here, so think before posting and maintain modesty.

Comment

for beginners (if you have a teacher that is) try the Baghadadi qaida or Noorani Qaida, I would recommend the Baghdadi one though.

If you have a local Tabligi or Dawet Islam-e gathering try and learn Quran there they emphasise the importance of Tajweed where as many other masjids.. don't. (ironic as it's compulsory)

Tis where I first went to learn.
      ‎"Listen with the ears of tolerance. See through the eyes of compassion. Speak with the language of love."
      Rumi RahimuAllah.

Comment

hmm the video contradicts what in my book.
        And the (faithful) slaves of the Most Gracious (All‚h) are those who walk on the earth in humility and sedateness, and when the foolish address them (with bad words) they reply back with mild words of gentleness. (25:63)

O You who believe! Shall I guide you to a trade that will save you from a painful torment? (10) That you believe in All‚h and His Messenger (Muhammad SAW),and that you strive hard and fight in the Cause of All‚h with your wealth and your lives, that will be better for you, if you but know! (11) (If you do so) He will forgive you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, and pleasant dwellings in Adn (Edn) Paradise; that is indeed the great success. (12)

sponsor an orphan

Comment

What's in your book? scan and paste it?

sigpic

Allahumma anta Rabbi la ilaha illa anta Khalaqtani wa ana'abduka, wa ana 'ala 'ahdika wa Wa'dika mastata'tu A'uidhubika min sharri ma sana'tu.' abu'u Laka bi ni 'matika wa'ala abu'u bidhanbi; faghfirli fa'innahu la yaghfiru-dh-dhunuba illa anta.
          O Allah, You are my Lord, none has the right to be worshipped except You, You created me and I am Your servant and I abide to Your covenant and promise as best I can, I take refuge in You from the evil of which I have committed. I acknowledge Your favour upon me and I acknowledgemy sin, so forgive me, for verilynone can forgive sin except You.

We are accountable for every letter we post here, so think before posting and maintain modesty.

Comment

i would if i could, but i cant. scanner is going to make a nice footstool if it dosent smarten up any time soon :)

sponsor an orphan

Comment

ill copy what it says word for word after im finnished making sentences inshallah
              Last edited by uncle umar; 15-02-11, 09:47 PM. Reason: forgot to add inshallah

sponsor an orphan

Comment

ok :insha:

sigpic

Comment

ok.

1) if after harfee madd, a hamza appears in the same word, then this madd is known as madde muttasil. duration, 2-1/2-4 alifs.

2) if after harfe madd a hamza appears in the following word, then this madd is known as madde munfasil. duration 2-1/2-4 alifs

3) if after harfe madd there appears suca a saakin or tashdeed which cannot be seperated from the letter of madd then such a madd is known as madde laazim. duration 3 or 5 alifs.

so me issues on my end.

1) whats a madd?

2) whats a hafee madd?

3) which is the correct duration?

sponsor an orphan

Comment

ok.

1) if after harfee madd, a hamza appears in the same word, then this madd is known as madde muttasil. duration, 2-1/2-4 alifs.

2) if after harfe madd a hamza appears in the following word, then this madd is known as madde munfasil. duration 2-1/2-4 alifs
                    Do you understand these two though???

3) if after harfe madd there appears suca a saakin or tashdeed which cannot be seperated from the letter of madd then such a madd is known as madde laazim. duration 3 or 5 alifs.

so me issues on my end.

1) whats a madd?

2) whats a hafee madd?

1 and 2 I will explain in abit :insha:

3) Ahh you are confused with counts of alif and harakah, I got your point now.

sigpic

Comment

no, i do not understand lol.

sponsor an orphan

Comment

Madd l-laazim is the last category among the mudood, so if you are not sure about the one that comes before it, I reckon you start Mudood (Plural of Madd) right from the beginning :insha:

sigpic

Comment

madd? like the alif thing or the wow or yaa sakin thing?

im confused lol. ive made it this far in the book, and i know the other rules. i dont see what im doing wrong lol.

sponsor an orphan

Comment

ok.

so me issues on my end.

1) whats a madd?

2) whats a hafee madd?

Your book is wrong according to Jazareeya and Tufahtul Atfaal.

Who wrote it and what are their credentials?

Try and get the book by Kareema Carol Czerepinski
                            Hadith, Fiqh and Tafsir Scholarship
                            http://www.al-salam.co.uk/[B][COLOR="#006400"]

Comment

its the noorani qaaidah....

sponsor an orphan

Comment

Working...
                              X