Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do i begin?

Asalaamu alaykum wa rahamatullahi wa barakatuh,
    i want to learn arabic a lot now, i did in the first weeks when i became muslim and i was learning basics from qaaidah, but then after awhile i stopped and then exams came up etc and then i forgot about it unfortunatly.

But now i am beggining to realise how important it is and also since i am young, i want to learn in this time aswell.

So where should i start? i really want to read Qur'an but first i need to learn arabic, and i know basics like alif, baa, taa ,thaa, jeem , ha, kho etc and i know kasraw, and when to say oo sounds and ee sounds and some symbols, but that isn't enough though.

so is it possible to learn for free? should i be reading? how long will it take?

Insha'Allah brothers and sisters you can help me out here!

j/k in advance.

The Prophet (saw) said, Verily, the knots of Islam will be undone one by one. Whenever one knot is lost, then the people grabbed onto the one which came after it. The first of these knots will be ruling and the last will be the salah.[1]

The author of Sitoon as-Sultaniyah says about this Hadith: “It was the Prophet who tied together the knots of Islam, including the uppermost knot of ruling after he established the Islamic state…As mentioned by Imam Mawardi the leadership has been proscribed as the succession of the Prophet in protecting the deen and governing the societal affairs. In this respect – Imam Baidawi mentioned that the Imama/Khalifah is the succession from the Prophet in the establishment of the laws of the Shari’ah. So without the Imam the laws lie unapplied and the territory is not protected effectively. The hadith indicates that it is the uppermost knot that keeps the subsequent knots safe from being untied. This is since it is the ruler that is responsible to apply Islam in its entirety, to implement the limits proscribed by Allah and to protect the society. Imam Ahmed mentioned without an Imam (for the Muslims as their leader) there would be fitna, and the destruction of the symbols of Islam ending with the Prayer is a great fitna.[2]

[1] Tabarani, Musnad Ahmad and Al Hakim in his Al Mustadrak
    [2] Ibid. pg. 46

Re: Where do i begin?

Hi.

I'm currently studying Arabic in my spare time and I am the biggest idiot you could ever meet so I can tell you with happiness that books are a viable option.

I've got "Arabic for dummies".

It also includes a CD. The CD is good quality but in my opinion the CD could have been arranged in a way much more efficiently. However, the book is simply amazing and very easy to understand. It sounds like we have a similar level of understanding...at least vocally.

I'm trying to improve my reading at the moment - the book doesn't cover this.

Some of my friends say I have good enunciation... but part of it is from listening to them but I do practice lots with the CD.
    Fear Allah.

Comment

Forgot to add

Wa alaykum salam (very rude of me)
      Fear Allah.

Comment

salams, what type of things do they have in that "arabic for dummies?" what do you know and how much time did you put into it?

The Prophet (saw) said, Verily, the knots of Islam will be undone one by one. Whenever one knot is lost, then the people grabbed onto the one which came after it. The first of these knots will be ruling and the last will be the salah.[1]

The author of Sitoon as-Sultaniyah says about this Hadith: “It was the Prophet who tied together the knots of Islam, including the uppermost knot of ruling after he established the Islamic state…As mentioned by Imam Mawardi the leadership has been proscribed as the succession of the Prophet in protecting the deen and governing the societal affairs. In this respect – Imam Baidawi mentioned that the Imama/Khalifah is the succession from the Prophet in the establishment of the laws of the Shari’ah. So without the Imam the laws lie unapplied and the territory is not protected effectively. The hadith indicates that it is the uppermost knot that keeps the subsequent knots safe from being untied. This is since it is the ruler that is responsible to apply Islam in its entirety, to implement the limits proscribed by Allah and to protect the society. Imam Ahmed mentioned without an Imam (for the Muslims as their leader) there would be fitna, and the destruction of the symbols of Islam ending with the Prayer is a great fitna.[2]

[1] Tabarani, Musnad Ahmad and Al Hakim in his Al Mustadrak
        [2] Ibid. pg. 46

Comment

:salams

Sis there are lots of videos of youtube which you can check them out, just type in learn tajweed or how to read quran.

You will have loads of brothers uploading videos for it.Then there you can learn the basics very quickly.inshallah.
          صلى الله على حبيبه محمد و على آله و أصحابه و سلم
          Al-Muslimeen

Comment

This is one of the useful channel sis, just watch the video and you will learn alot.

http://www.youtube.com/user/LearnTajweed

After you learn to pronounce the letters of arabic on the homepage above, then move to learn tajweed lesson 1.It is on the right side in the column of uploads, click on uploads then the list will elongate and you will see more videos.

The letters of Arabic are like the letters of english and you should remember them with their proper pronunciation.
            Last edited by ahmed_abdullah; 24-09-10, 06:21 AM.
            Al-Muslimeen

Comment

Originally posted by adri View Post
              salams, what type of things do they have in that "arabic for dummies?" what do you know and how much time did you put into it?
              Well, I should probably state that it is Modern Standard Arabic first.

Alphabet, Punctuation, Constructing sentences,
              Lot's of phrases, descriptions, tenses

Grettings

Small Talk

Dining

Shopping

Around Town (includes times)

Recreation

Talking on the phone

At the office and at home

Money

Asking for directions

Staying at a hotel

Transportation

Planning a trip

Emergencies

Ideas to help with Arabic

Culturual awareness/rules/laws

Expressions

and Proverbs

Those are all the chapters :D
              Fear Allah.

Comment

Also, I do not put much time into it.

I normally do an hour a week at work (reading) when I am on my break.

At home I have done a few hours on the CD and probably 6 hours reading at home.

So, I don't do much or try very hard and it's all very easy and comprehensible.
                Fear Allah.

Comment

i think first thing is learn the rest of the alphabet iA and make sure u can read fluently (in terms of just reading not understanding) then u can move on to the next step?
                  .: Rufaida :.
                  .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.
                  http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h6...th_Silence.jpg
                  “People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
                  but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.”
                  ~ Ibn Atallah

Ramadan Activities for Children
                  <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

Originally posted by .: Anna :. View Post
                    i think first thing is learn the rest of the alphabet iA and make sure u can read fluently (in terms of just reading not understanding) then u can move on to the next step?
                    That is where I started :)

It helped me master the sounds and will make my life much easier when it comes to speaking Arabic. For example, I have a friend who speaks a few languages but I have difficulty offering him help with his English because he doesn't know the letters. Reading map coordinates might seem a bit random but there was a situation when we did that and he had trouble understanding.

Adri, you might know this already but I will say: find a way that you can get to hear lots of Arabic or participate in it somehow. Of course, going to the Masjid is one thing which might help you. Are you a fan of music - listen to some Nasheeds or pop music and try to sing them. Try and learn to sing childrens songs in Arabic - just google Arabic Nursery Rhymes :)

Do you like cartoons or appreciate animation or are you simply interested in what media can tell you about a culture - watch cartoons because of the simple language that should be used.

It might sound obvious but when my friends said it to me I was really happy that they mentioned this.
                    Fear Allah.

Comment

Begin with the arabic lessons, as i have posted adri.That is how i have learnt when i was a kid and it helped me alot like there was a book out of those lessons which was about 40-50 pages which included all that in the videos i have posted.These lessons are enough to read quran inshallah.

Like it was about 3 months where i learnt the full book then mastered reading of arabic, then i moved on to learning the grammer and so forth.

Listening to arabic nasheed helps alot also but then again it will not help much as much it might help if you practice each word aloud and then form the sentences and read giving the undue justice to each word as required.
                      Al-Muslimeen

Comment

if there is a masjid near you insh'Allah then try to find female classes and join them if that fails find someone with an ijaza (means given permission to teach by their own teacher!) in tajweed and learn from them insh'Allah

if that fails i'm sure sisters here would be willing to teach via skype/msn/paltalk ?
                        ‎"Listen with the ears of tolerance. See through the eyes of compassion. Speak with the language of love."
                        Rumi RahimuAllah.

Comment

just go to pirate bay and download all the things u want

Comment

Working...
                          X