Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1MBCs' Arabic translation attempts inshaAllah

:salams

So i have never been taught Arabic formally except when i was really younger which was a long few years ago. I have since been doing things myself with the help of a few people to check.

The point of this thread is that i will translate a few bits and bobs from Arabic to English inshaAllah and i would like someone to check them and to tell me where i'm going wrong and where i'm doing well. The grammar, accuracy everything basically.

It will be a slow start for me but i am willing to improve inshaAllah

If anyone has any tips to get started and useful links please share etc etc
    (The hypocrites) will call the believers: "Were we not with you?" The believers will reply: "Yes! But you led yourselves into temptations, you looked forward for our destruction; you doubted (in Faith); and you were deceived by false desires, till the Command of Allah came to pass. And the chief deceiver (Satan) deceived you in respect of Allah."57:14

Re: 1MBCs' Arabic translation attempts inshaAllah

i will help check for u iA :D its a good idea 2 do this, the practise really helps. i shud do it more myself tbh :p

what r u gna translate or is that wat u need the links for
    .: Rufaida :.
    .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.
    http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h6...th_Silence.jpg
    “People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
    but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.”
    ~ Ibn Atallah

Ramadan Activities for Children
    <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

Yeah links for that will be good (but islamic things so i can learn on the way too). I have one thing now which i am doing and will post in a few mins.

:jkk: i am determined to fix myself up, we've got a few Arabic books around the house which i'd like to be able to read and understand properly inshaAllah
      (The hypocrites) will call the believers: "Were we not with you?" The believers will reply: "Yes! But you led yourselves into temptations, you looked forward for our destruction; you doubted (in Faith); and you were deceived by false desires, till the Command of Allah came to pass. And the chief deceiver (Satan) deceived you in respect of Allah."57:14

Comment

*waiting*
        There is no such thing as an Israel,
        It is occupied-palestine

Should the Jews have been given a homeland?

YES...........in germany,

the world should have given the jews germany as payment for the holocaust

Comment

Re: Attempt number 1

من صناع الحياة

- المرتبة الثالثة: صيام القلب عن التفكر أو الانشغال بما سوى الله تبارك وتعالى:

من يستطيع منكم أن يصوم بهذه الطريقة هذا العام؟

Who creates life

The third part: the fasting of the heart by means of thinking or busying itself with anything but Allah, blessed and most high:

OR

The third rank: the fasting of the heart by means of busying itself with the thinking of Allah, blessed and most high:
          Who amongst you can fast on this path that guides to knowledge?

Comment

Originally posted by 1MuslimByChoice View Post
            من صناع الحياة

- المرتبة الثالثة: صيام القلب عن التفكر أو الانشغال بما سوى الله تبارك وتعالى:

من يستطيع منكم أن يصوم بهذه الطريقة هذا العام؟

Who creates life

The third part: the fasting of the heart by means of thinking or busying itself with anything but Allah, blessed and most high:

OR

The third rank: the fasting of the heart by means of busying itself with the thinking of Allah, blessed and most high:
            Who amongst you can fast on this path that guides to knowledge?
            the first translation sounds better
            and the last sentence : Who amongst you can fast like this this YEAR.

هذا العام = this year
            It is occupied-palestine

Comment

العلم = knowledge
              العام = Year ..... it can also mean "General"
              It is occupied-palestine

Comment

Ohh rightt i see i notice the little gap, wow what a difference something so small makes

anything else, can i continue?

edit: so the last question would be 'who amongst you can fast on this path, this year?

Comment

Ohh rightt i see i notice the little gap, wow what a difference something so small makes

anything else, can i continue?

edit: so the last question would be 'who amongst you can fast on this path, this year?
                  yeah : Who amongst u can fast like this or can fast this way this year.

yesss continue ur doing great.
                  It is occupied-palestine

Comment

ما رأيكم لو جعلناه شعار رمضان لهذا العام، فقد كان شعار رمضان الماضي "أن تعبد الله كما لم تعبده من قبل"
                    What would you think if we made the slogan for Ramadhan this year, the same as we did for the Ramadhan that just passed, 'to worship Allah as the people before us did',

(this is with a little help from a friend, like just the meanings of words)
                    Last edited by 1MuslimByChoice; 16-09-10, 04:31 PM.

Comment

ما رأيكم لو جعلناه شعار رمضان لهذا العام، فقد كان شعار رمضان الماضي "أن تعبد الله كما لم تعبده من قبل"
                      What would you think if we made the slogan for Ramadhan this year, the same as we did for the Ramadhan that just passed, 'to worship Allah as the people before us did',

(this is with a little help from a friend, like just the meanings of words)
                      what do you think if we made it a slogan for this years Ramadan.
                      because Last years (Ramadan) Slogan was "To worship Allah like you never worshipped him before"
                      It is occupied-palestine

Comment

I see it when i look at it twice.

Comment

:up:

Very good.
                          "And thus have We willed you to be a community of the middle way."
                          (al-Baqarah: 143)

Allahumma innaa na'udhu bika min an nushrika bika shai-an na'lamuh; wa nastaghfiruka limaa laa na'lam.

Comment

By the way i still haven't given up, just some annoying technical difficulties which have caused me to put this on hold.

Comment

LOL i thought this thread was gona be about the saudi tv channel called MBC1 translating "inshallah" in a really weird way

sis you gave me giggles i tell ya :rofl1:

Comment

Working...
                              X