If you use the Fontboard Arabic Keyboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you use the Fontboard Arabic Keyboard

For those of us who have 'fallen in love' with the phonetic Fontboard, keyboard but have discovered it doesn't work with Windows 7, there is good news . . .

Microsoft has a keyboard creator that will take any existing keyboard from your Regional and Language list and allow you to convert it to something you prefer. It will let you create a new keyboard from scratch but I found it better to grab an existing Arabic one and move the key assignments around.

The link is at:
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
    and the program is quite easy to use.

This is the modification I made to one of the Arabic azerty layout that came with my Win7. Not quite a copy of Fontboard but way more intuitive than Arabic 101 or Arabic 102
    Attached Files

Re: If you use the Fontboard Arabic Keyboard

Can anyone upload a copy of the edited Microsoft Keyboard layout please? It would be much easier because I spent many long hours working on the keyboard, but I found it hard to work with and confusing.

Comment

Assalamu aleikum,

I've created a similar version of the Arabic Phonetic Keyboard, I tried to make it as similar as possible to this one , which I'm using on Madinaharabic.com, a very useful site for learning arabic. (I'm using Windows 8). If someone would be interested in getting this keyboard layout, I will post the download link.

Comment

Wa alaikumussalaam... warahmatullaahi wabarakaatuh

I am currently learning Arabic from the same website as you... and I've been looking for a virtual keyboard with the same layout as the one in MadinahArabic. So, I would be very grateful if you could tell me how I can download and install it on my Windows 8... Thank you

Comment

Who ever want to learn Arabic online with a tutor on Skype and, since part of one's Islam is to love for my brother what I love for myself, I'd like to recommend the following teacher unreservedly. Profile: Name: Mahmoud Maki Nationality and Location: Egyptian and Egypt Education: A graduate of Al-Azhar University Experience: Over 10 years of experience in teaching Arabic, the Islamic Sciences, fiqh, tafseer and aqeedah to non-native speakers of Arabic, namely those from a western background Rates are excellent, much much cheaper than what you'd pay for a tutor in the UK and, having studied with dozens of teachers here in London, he is by far the most knowledgable since he combines arabic studies with the Islamic Sciences. And, the best part of all of this is that you can do it from the comfort of your own. Glory be to the one who has made gaining knowledge from al-Azhar graduate so easy! Lessons are provider for both male and female. However his wife is also an experienced, qualified teacher so if any sisters are not comfortable with being taught by a man they can always study with his wife. How to proceed? Simply add him on skype at mahmoud.maki2

Comment

Originally posted by Katia View Post
            Assalamu aleikum,

I've created a similar version of the Arabic Phonetic Keyboard, I tried to make it as similar as possible to this one , which I'm using on Madinaharabic.com, a very useful site for learning arabic. (I'm using Windows 8). If someone would be interested in getting this keyboard layout, I will post the download link.
            وعليكم السلام Katia, please give me a link of the keyboard layout.

Comment

Working...
            X