Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Kas1m's Arabic Fever

Originally posted by Kas1m View Post
    Jazakallah everyone. To Hiking, its on page 17 just before exercise 1. I dont know if its a mistake or what.

Anyways I'm so looking forward to completing all three books Inshallah as it is very very interesting.
    Right now im so confused between hamzatul wasl and hamzatul qata.
    It seemed that the non arabic Quran (the mushaf which i read printed from india pakistan) is not very precise on the hamzas. So i was very confused. Other than that im like at page 50 and its all very easy. I find the verbs quite challenging though like making verbs for all 14 pronouns. I think that is what makes the lang hard. Allah knows whats in book 2 and 3 but im very eager to move forward.
    The vocab bit has always been very interesting for me. I mean its not as good but nearly good as doing Algebra (loved doing Algebra). Even in urdu i used to write whole lists of words and then write down the meanings or synonyms and memorize them all then i would bug my teacher. Now i bug my wife to listen to my vocabs and shes already very fed up lol
    Alhamdulillah.
    mashaAllah lol

What don't you get about the hamzas?

Comment

Its hard to explain plus i forgot but when it comes next time ill write the problem down.
      الصلوۃ والسلام علیک یا سیدی یارسول اللہ

Comment

Hi Kas1m!

I too am working my way through the Madinah series, part way through book 2 now. I did pick up an error in you translation in the photo bucket image 4579. You translated مكتب as office (which is one translation of the word) but in this instance it is desk -- The desk is broken :) Kind of like مريض can be "sick" or "patient". Sometimes you need to look at the whole sentence to know which one to use, which one makes the most sense.

I had trouble with the attached pronouns too and still sometimes use the wrong ones -- they are different for attaching to nouns than to verbs. It will come with practice though :up:

Book 2 gets into verbal sentences where as Book 1 focused sentences without verbs mostly.

If you get the chance, search for the download for Teach Yourself Arabic, it has some good explanations in it and is a great companion book to the Madina series I've found.

Anne

Comment

Yes I didn't know Maktab was called desk. I thought it was called office or something so i'm aware of that. The attached pronouns are hard though. It will take some time to get used to.

Comment

I don't understand the meaning of 'li' like in this Ayah what does 'li' mean literally.

لکم دینکم ولی دین

I understand where the 'kum' is coming from but what does 'lakum' and 'lee' mean?

Similarly,

ولی اخت واحدہ

What is the role of 'lee' in the above sentence? Does it mean 'I have'?
            I would translate it as : 'I have one sister.' Is that correct?

I know there should be two dots under the 'lee' but I cant seem to work the arabic editor online
            Last edited by Kas1m; 05-08-10, 05:26 PM.

Comment

My understanding is thatلي means my or mine depending on the context of the sentence.

Comment

. . . . but can also mean I have as in your second sentence.

Comment

Jazakallah. It got clear after in my head.

Comment

[QUOTE=Kas1m;3943966]I don't understand the meaning of 'li' like in this Ayah what does 'li' mean literally.

لکم دینکم ولی دین

I understand where the 'kum' is coming from but what does 'lakum' and 'lee' mean?

لَكُمْ= it is actullaly لِ+ كم it changes to la when joined to a pronoun due to phonotical reason it literally means "belongs to u lot " i.e for u
                    Deenukum means your deen wa is ataf meaning and
                    lii. means to me (lit, belongs to me)
                    دِينِ= it is actually دِينُ+ ي=دينى the yaw mutakalam is droped and its kasrah is given to nun mening my deen
                    TO you your deen and to me my deen
                    [CENTER][SIZE=3][B]MULLA KO JO HAIN MASJID MAIN SAJDAY KI IJAZAT[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER]
                    [CENTER][SIZE=3][/SIZE] [/CENTER]
                    [CENTER][SIZE=3][B]NADAN YEH SAMJATA HAIN KI ISLAM HAIN ZINDA[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER]

Comment

now lets analyze gramitically
                      لَ (لِ ) حرف جر
                      كم = إسم مجرور
                      لكم = جار مجرور شبه جملة خبرمقدم

دين = مبتدا ماخر+ مضاف

كم =مضاف أليه
                      و= عطف
                      ل= حرف جر
                      ي =يا متكلم
                      لي=جار مجرور شبه جملة خبرمقدم
                      دين = مبتدا ماخر+ مضاف

i tried to analyze it but may be there are errors as i am beginner in learning may Allah forgive for that
                      [CENTER][SIZE=3][B]MULLA KO JO HAIN MASJID MAIN SAJDAY KI IJAZAT[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER]
                      [CENTER][SIZE=3][B]NADAN YEH SAMJATA HAIN KI ISLAM HAIN ZINDA[/B][/SIZE][/CENTER]

Comment

edit last line

ي =يا متكلم معز وف

Comment

Thanks Madina...That is beautiful the way you put it.

Jazakallah

Comment

I am actually banging my head on the desk trying to figure out the Arabic numbers. Why are the rules so complex? Is there any easy way to learn them? Help!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kas1m View Post
                              I am actually banging my head on the desk trying to figure out the Arabic numbers. Why are the rules so complex? Is there any easy way to learn them? Help!!!
                              ﺍﻟﺴﻠﺎﻡ ﻋﻠﻴﻜﻢ
                              u mean the ﺍﻋﺮﺍﺏ for them depending on fem or masc, number and stuff?
                              that took me a while, it takes a bit of memorising and lots of practice, dnt worry, u would u will get it
                              keep going
                              ﺗﻌﻠﻤﻮﺍ ﺍﻟﻌﺮﺑﻴﺔ ﻓﺎﻧﻬﺎ ﻣﻦ ﺩﻳﻨﻜﻢ
                              ﺇﺭﺣﻢ ﺗﺮﺣﻢ

Comment

Originally posted by Shahid12321 View Post
                                ﺍﻟﺴﻠﺎﻡ ﻋﻠﻴﻜﻢ
                                u mean the ﺍﻋﺮﺍﺏ for them depending on fem or masc, number and stuff?
                                that took me a while, it takes a bit of memorising and lots of practice, dnt worry, u would u will get it
                                keep going
                                ﺗﻌﻠﻤﻮﺍ ﺍﻟﻌﺮﺑﻴﺔ ﻓﺎﻧﻬﺎ ﻣﻦ ﺩﻳﻨﻜﻢ
                                Walaikum Assalam

Yes a LOT of practice.

Comment

Working...
                                X