Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bractice makes berfect

Sabaah al-khayr! (technically) :D

Studying arabic independently isn't always very rewarding (for me anyway) so to aid my learning I would like to ask for some help from the proficient arabic speakers on this board. All you have to do is post 5 words a day, say 3 verbs and 2 nouns or 2 verbs and 3 nouns and us learners will have to make a sentence/paragraph of them. It'd really help me increase the speed at which I'm gaining vocabulary at the moment, so please help insha'Allah.

:jkk:
    It is narrated on the authority of Jabir that he heard the (Holy Prophet)[:saw:] say: A Muslim is he from whose hand and tongue the Muslims are safe.
    -Muslim

Re: Bractice makes berfect

ana
    min
    baakistaan
    huwa
    mudarris.

chop chop.

start off ez.
    Rajab is a month of cultivation, Shaban is month of irrigating the fields, and the month of Ramadhan is a month of reaping and harvesting.”

Comment

I wish I could say thanks for the help.
      It is narrated on the authority of Jabir that he heard the (Holy Prophet)[:saw:] say: A Muslim is he from whose hand and tongue the Muslims are safe.
      -Muslim

Comment

I wish I could say ahsanti to your post **roll eyes**

**rotfl, Im too funnay man, sometimes I crack myself up rotfl**
        Rajab is a month of cultivation, Shaban is month of irrigating the fields, and the month of Ramadhan is a month of reaping and harvesting.”

Comment

Pfft.

.إسمه مديفلست وهو من باكستان. ليس هو مدرس، هو واحد من أفراد منتدى أمة. فقت
          -Muslim

Comment

mashaALLAH mashaALLAH. ahsanti ahsanti. Allahummah baarik fee 'ilmik wa 'amalik. ahsanti.

Comment

should be ismuhu, breh.

Comment

:wswrwb:

An'na
                Nahnu
                An'ta
                Ant'uma
                An'tum

Comment

عَرِفَ قومُ إبراهيمَ انّ الاصنامَ حجارتٌ,
                  نحن عبادالله,
                  أأنت فعلتَ

i pass on the last 2.

Comment

How does this work?
                    (The hypocrites) will call the believers: "Were we not with you?" The believers will reply: "Yes! But you led yourselves into temptations, you looked forward for our destruction; you doubted (in Faith); and you were deceived by false desires, till the Command of Allah came to pass. And the chief deceiver (Satan) deceived you in respect of Allah."57:14

Comment

to wash غسل
                      to imagine تخَيَّلة
                      Legend أسطوَرةٌ
                      Albatross القطرس
                      Monkey قرد

how's that? cool idea vikes...my Arabic vocabulary is atrocious (so is the grammar but there you go, not too good with languages)
                      ...sermons from this minbar come with tongue planted quite firmly in cheek.

"Let your boat of life be light, packed with only what you need -
                      a homely home and simple pleasures, one or two friends,
                      worth the name, someone to love and someone to love you,
                      a cat, a dog, and a pipe or two, enough to eat and enough to wear,
                      and a little more than enough to drink; for thirst is a dangerous thing."

-- Jerome K. Jerome
                      (Three Men in a Boat)

Comment

okay heres 5 words: u can look them up if u dont kno ne as an extra work :p

جورب
                        مصعد
                        قطار
                        فرس النهر
                        نشر
                        .: Rufaida :.
                        .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.
                        http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h6...th_Silence.jpg
                        “People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
                        but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.”
                        ~ Ibn Atallah

Ramadan Activities for Children
                        <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

Originally posted by Medievalist View Post
                          should be ismuhu, breh.
                          :p Aye shukran, I'm so used to writing about females!
                          Originally posted by OBL View Post
                          :wswrwb:

An'na
                          Nahnu
                          An'ta
                          Ant'uma
                          An'tum
                          Erm...shukran OBL, but not exactly what I'm looking for. Why have you broken the words up with an apostrophe?
                          Originally posted by Medievalist View Post
                          عَرِفَ قومُ إبراهيمَ انّ الاصنامَ حجارتٌ,
                          نحن عبادالله,
                          أأنت فعلتَ

i pass on the last 2.
                          :rotfl: Med what are you copying and pasting!!?! Bit of a story, statement and ....is that a question? :scratch:
                          Originally posted by 1MuslimByChoice View Post
                          How does this work?
                          Well, people give words (verbs, nouns and now hopefully some adjectives too) and we try to make sentences with them. It's a test of morphology, grammar if you can do it (I don't think I can) and when it's done (and hopefully been corrected by someone) you have a little sentence to revise the words from.

Originally posted by Joha View Post
                          to wash غسل
                          to imagine تخَيَّلة
                          Legend أسطوَرةٌ
                          Albatross القطرس
                          Monkey قرد

how's that? cool idea vikes...my Arabic vocabulary is atrocious (so is the grammar but there you go, not too good with languages)
                          :jkk: perfect! And the stranger it is the better :D Thanks! I forgot to ask for adjectives though so whoever reads this and contributes next, please supply! :p
                          Originally posted by .: Anna :. View Post
                          okay heres 5 words: u can look them up if u dont kno ne as an extra work :p

جورب
                          مصعد
                          قطار
                          فرس النهر
                          نشر
                          Dangit Anna :p the whole point of asking was to avoid looking them up, speeds it up! Shukran though :D
                          -Muslim

Comment

oh okay :p then ill put the english
                            sock
                            lift - as in elevator
                            train
                            hippo
                            publish

next time ill giv some adj 4 u iA
                            .: Rufaida :.
                            .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.
                            http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h6...th_Silence.jpg
                            “People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
                            but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.”
                            ~ Ibn Atallah

Ramadan Activities for Children
                            <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

Adjectives like clean, dirty, etc?

"The `Aalim knows who is a Jaahil, because he used to be a Jaahil before. But the Jaahil does not know who is an `Aalim, because he was never an `Aalim before."

Imaam Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullaah in Majmoo`ul Fataawaa.

Comment

Working...
                              X