Al-hayaa's Awesome Arbi..........................now say :masha:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Al-hayaa's Awesome Arbi..........................now say :masha:

I thought it sounded a little odd with the min! Barakallah feek sister!
    What can my enemies possibly do to me? My paradise is in my heart; wherever I go it goes with me, inseparable from me. For me, prison is a place of retreat; execution is my opportunity for martyrdom; and exile from my town is but a chance to travel - Ibn Taymiyyah

Comment

Last edited by Al-hayaa; 18-01-12, 10:22 PM.

Comment

Min = from

Man = who
        It is narrated on the authority of Jabir that he heard the (Holy Prophet)[:saw:] say: A Muslim is he from whose hand and tongue the Muslims are safe.
        -Muslim

Comment

Last edited by Al-hayaa; 18-01-12, 10:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hiking View Post
            Min = from

Man = who
            Huh? I always under the impression that 'man' meant an adult male person, as distinguished from a boy or a woman. ?

Actually having just read that that was a terrible terrible attempt at a joke. It's early Sunday afternoon..that's my excuse.
            What can my enemies possibly do to me? My paradise is in my heart; wherever I go it goes with me, inseparable from me. For me, prison is a place of retreat; execution is my opportunity for martyrdom; and exile from my town is but a chance to travel - Ibn Taymiyyah

Comment

Originally posted by Al-hayaa View Post
              ^^:jkk: so how do u recognize them in sentences without any harakaat? :s
              From the context (the general meaning of the sentence without the word). I know it sounds hard and I felt the same way when I first encountered it but after a while it comes naturally, and will do so to you too in sha'Allah.

For example, if I gave you this English sentence:

I came _____ the shops.

You wouldn't stick 'who' in that gap wouldja? From the meaning of the rest of the words you know that from belongs in there. See how easy that was? That's how it will come to you too in Arabic :insha:
              It is narrated on the authority of Jabir that he heard the (Holy Prophet)[:saw:] say: A Muslim is he from whose hand and tongue the Muslims are safe.
              -Muslim

Comment

Originally posted by AbuQudamah View Post
                Huh? I always under the impression that 'man' meant an adult male person, as distinguished from a boy or a woman. ?

Actually having just read that that was a terrible terrible attempt at a joke. It's early Sunday afternoon..that's my excuse.
                Oh dear.
                Last edited by Hiking; 25-04-10, 12:36 PM. Reason: Mine was worse.
                -Muslim

Comment

Originally posted by Hiking View Post
                  Oh dear.
                  Mashallah yours was indeed worse! I feel so much better now. May Allah reward you!

Comment

Last edited by Al-hayaa; 18-01-12, 10:23 PM.

Comment

yes it matters because under the shadda makes it a kasra
                      that all seems correct bt wats the sentence
                      .: Rufaida :.
                      .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.
                      http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h6...th_Silence.jpg
                      “People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
                      but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.”
                      ~ Ibn Atallah

Ramadan Activities for Children
                      <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

Last edited by Al-hayaa; 18-01-12, 10:19 PM.

Comment

no no i mean shadda above the fatah or below the fatah? or is it always below the fatah? :s
                          If the shadda is above the fat-ha, then the fat-ha becomes a kasrah.
                          "And thus have We willed you to be a community of the middle way."
                          (al-Baqarah: 143)

Allahumma innaa na'udhu bika min an nushrika bika shai-an na'lamuh; wa nastaghfiruka limaa laa na'lam.

Comment

Comment

eventho both r above the harf?:s
                              Yes.
                              "And thus have We willed you to be a community of the middle way."
                              (al-Baqarah: 143)

Allahumma innaa na'udhu bika min an nushrika bika shai-an na'lamuh; wa nastaghfiruka limaa laa na'lam.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X