Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Arabic GCSE questions

Assalamu alaikum,
    do you have any useful worksheets or something, that could help me when i take my arabic GCSE...

or any good websites that i could get information off??

Comment

insha allah get the pack from edexcel its the best thing because its specifically designed for this
      .: Rufaida :.
      .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.
      http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h6...th_Silence.jpg
      “People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
      but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.”
      ~ Ibn Atallah

Ramadan Activities for Children
      <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

hi.

i'm lebanese too. i'm 15.

add me on msn : [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by hans26 View Post
          Heey Anna,
          ima new member here and im doing gcse arabic this year:D im so happy im actually going 2 do it because i can talk fluent arabic at home but the problem is i talk lebanese and im not great at proper arabic if u know what i mean....i saw all ur scanned practise papers they r realy good nd i wanna say thnkuuu so much 4 tkin ur tym 2 help other people...jazak allah
          xxx
          hi,

i'm lebanese too. i'm 15 and doing my gcse arabic next year.

add me on msn. [email protected]

it's goo to have someone else too talk to. my situation is like yours. i can talk dialect but modern standard arabic is difficult for me.

please reply back.

laurence.xx

Comment

Hi,

apologies if this has been covered before but can you recommend a textbook for GCSE arabic. I've been learning from beginners level for several months now and have found the books so far to be of varying quality.

Thanks,
            Rob

Comment

Originally posted by rob280783 View Post
              Hi,

apologies if this has been covered before but can you recommend a textbook for GCSE arabic. I've been learning from beginners level for several months now and have found the books so far to be of varying quality.

Thanks,
              Rob
              there is one called sideequka al 3arabiy and that is good, the level is a little above the gcse papers so if you do from this u will find the papers very easy insha allah. the book is red colour cover and quite fat, i cnt remember the website name it was something like arabica? it might have been posted previously if i can remember it i will let u know, if not then keep ur eyes out for that title?
              ~ Ibn Atallah

<button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

asslamo alaikom

what's gcse ?
                Last edited by predator; 02-02-08, 03:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by predator View Post
                  asslamo alaikom

what's gcse ?
                  The board examinations taken in the UK.It is a course that lasts two years,typically taken by students in secondary schools in year 10 & 11,aged 15-16..

Comment

Slmz...
                    yh digged up this old thread from google ;)

so ive had my mock exams for arabic reading/responding and writing and orals but ive got my listening one 2moro insha'allah

any tips/advice anyone?

does anyone else have problems in listening, esp as the way they speak arabic on the tape is a little confusing and very fast too (even tho they repeat it and give tym)?

Comment

how did the mocks go?
                      for listening i think just practise more.. mayb u can find some short talks in arabic on youtube or something like that and practise listen what those shayks are saying, cos mainly thatll b fusha
                      ~ Ibn Atallah

Comment

Originally posted by .: Anna :. View Post
                        there is one called sideequka al 3arabiy and that is good, the level is a little above the gcse papers so if you do from this u will find the papers very easy insha allah. the book is red colour cover and quite fat, i cnt remember the website name it was something like arabica? it might have been posted previously if i can remember it i will let u know, if not then keep ur eyes out for that title?
                        Yes, that book is very good, i used it for my Arabic gcse Alhumdulillah.
                        Heres a link:
                        http://www.islamicbookclub.com/Product.aspx?pk=12195

Originally posted by predator View Post
                        asslamo alaikom

what's gcse ?
                        Stands for General Certificate of Secondary Education.
                        Last edited by ~Warda~; 29-02-08, 05:27 PM.
                        "Ask (questions from) the learned, speak with the wise, and associate with the poor."

LEARN TO WRITE YOUR HURTS IN
                        THE SAND AND TO CARVE YOUR BENEFITS IN STONE

Comment

:jkk: for link, that site looks good iv not seen it b4
                          ~ Ibn Atallah

Comment

Salam 3aleikum.

For all the help you need in Arabic language, please email me at [email protected] I would be happy to help.

X-Teacher.

Comment

Originally posted by .: Anna :. View Post
                              how did the mocks go?
                              for listening i think just practise more.. mayb u can find some short talks in arabic on youtube or something like that and practise listen what those shayks are saying, cos mainly thatll b fusha
                              Originally posted by ~Warda~ View Post
                              Yes, that book is very good, i used it for my Arabic gcse Alhumdulillah.
                              Heres a link:
                              http://www.islamicbookclub.com/Product.aspx?pk=12195

Stands for General Certificate of Secondary Education.
                              slmz
                              jazakallah khair so much

sis warda: weve been using the book throughout the two yrs so its good but theres soooooo much in it
                              sis anna: the mocks went ok... i got a in all my pprs
                              as for my real gcse's so far ive got a* in my speaking and im predicted a* for overall.. got my listening and reading pprs on fri (yh this fri) so insha'allah make duaa

Comment

masha allah :up:
                                insha allah u will do well :D
                                ~ Ibn Atallah

Comment

Working...
                                X