Arabic GCSE questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Arabic GCSE questions

Oh how i LOVE arabic GCSE..:love:..seriously,by far arabic beats all..
    Wow..haven't been back on Ummah for a lil while..
    Last edited by Unique Muslimah; 08-02-07, 12:36 AM.

Comment

yeh insha allah if one puts the mind 2 it they could learn alot, as has been seen by the example of those who even became fluent in arabic in a very short time, such as hamza yusuf masha allah.

uniquey salam sis how u doin? :)
      .: Rufaida :.
      .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.
      http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h6...th_Silence.jpg
      “People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
      but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.”
      ~ Ibn Atallah

Ramadan Activities for Children
      <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

Heey Anna,
        ima new member here and im doing gcse arabic this year:D im so happy im actually going 2 do it because i can talk fluent arabic at home but the problem is i talk lebanese and im not great at proper arabic if u know what i mean....i saw all ur scanned practise papers they r realy good nd i wanna say thnkuuu so much 4 tkin ur tym 2 help other people...jazak allah
        xxx

Comment

ur welcome :)
          ~ Ibn Atallah

<button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

Text books for Arabic Gcse

Assalamualikum
            I'm new here. I really need some help concerning Arabic GCSE. I am from the Caribbean and I want to implement GCSE Arabic to some students who ere interested. I know Quranic Arabic very well but I know GCSE Arabic is modern Arabic. I want to know hat are some names of Text books I can start teaching my students. I have heard of Gateway to Arabic, but does this book cover the entire syllabus? What other ways can I use to teach Arabic to my students so it becomes fun and interested for them to learn ,especially all the vocabulary. Please help me someone. I would really appreciate it. You can email me at [email protected]. Jazakallah.

Comment

The best resource available to prepare students for GCSE Arabic is ArabAcademy.Com. They offer self-paced online courses with an optional speaking practice component with teachers. They have courses for all language levels. Courses can be used to self-study or as a complement to conventional classroom studies.

The homepage is:
              http://www.arabacademy.com/

Registration for GCSE and IB courses can be found at:
              http://www.arabacademy.com/cgi-bin/r...ster.pl?type=2
              Last edited by kheshen; 03-04-07, 05:06 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

URGENT Arabic GCSE questions

Asalam Mu Alaykum,
                THIS IS URGENT!!!!!!!
                I'VE GOT AN ARABIC EXAM IN A COUPLE OF WEEKS BUT BECAUSE I WAS ON HOLIDAY I HAVENT BEEN ABLE TO REVISE AND HAVE FORGOTTEN MOST OF THE ARABIC I KNOW I DON'T NATURALLY SPEAK ARABIC I HAVE TOTALLY FORGOTTEN THE MEANINGS TO SOEM OF THE WORDS AND I AM TRYING 2 LOOK FOR EASY BEGINNERS ARABIC PAPERS OR REVISION NOTES FOR ARABIC EXAMS. IF U HAVE IT CAN U PLZ POST IT BELOW MY MESSAGE PLZZZZZZZZZ.

Comment

hi every body
                  i am new here and in england i just come from egypt from 2 months and
                  i will make arabic gcse
                  i saw that paper which anna make in this site
                  gazki allah kair
                  please any one can explain to me how the exames will be in arabic
                  by sample language as my eyes as u see

Comment

nana is has 3 or 4 parts...

1. reading = it has a few questions and u answer them, some multiple choice, ticking, reading comprehension... it goes from the extremely easy to the more complex ones.
                    2. listening = the same but instead of reading the content they play it on a tape for u
                    3. writing = i think it has about 3 tasks u have to write, starting with a small list, then small note, then a small essay (not many words maybe 500 i forgot)
                    4. speaking (not all gcse arabic has it) = i think u do a presentation and answer questions with the examiner

as ur from egypt i think the arabic will b very easy for u, so dnt worry at all. but i think in the written paper try 2 write in more fusha way not in spoken way
                    ~ Ibn Atallah

Comment

Sis Anna,

I am very interested in doing the GCSE privately, Can you send me the contact info of edexcel etc?? Can i order the pack via online?

How does it work?? Do I have a time limit to sit the final exam? E.g within 2 years etc?? Im very excited about this....it feels like im going back in time to do GCSE's :-))

Comment

Salam peeps...

I am considering doing the GCSE Arabic course...as its the only arabic language course available in the area and im keen on learning Arabic......Can anyone tell me what benefit the course offers in relation to progressing my understanding of the Quran? Is it worthwhile as a pre-requisite for (insha'allah) learning Classical Arabic in the future? I am a mature student and so have to pay around £180 for the course so therefore wanted to make a careful decision...
                        Please Re-update your Signature

Comment

hmm its not the same thing exactly as classical arabic, it will be different vocabulary and topics than what u find in quran but nevertheless it can give u a basis which 2 build upon and a fair foundation. main problem is that gcse sylabus doesnt cover enough grammar and learning for quran and classical purposes grammar would be needed..
                          so if this is ur only aim in arabic its better to study grammar intensively and also to focus on quranic vocabulary, bt if u want to build up a general basis aswell like day to day topics and conversational material gcse can be okay for that.
                          one book i can suggest for ur aim would be the access to quranic arabic series, which u can find on amazon
                          ~ Ibn Atallah

Comment

Jzk Anna for the prompt reply ...

What is the exact title of hte book that you reccomended?

Ive had a quick look at the syllabus, and im growing confident that I may not perhaps need to necceassirly enrol onto a course at an insitituion...but instead perhaps get some help from some arab speakers and learn Arabic to GCSE level myself...

You spoke about some packs that you can purchase from the awarding examining body....what do these packs contain?? Is it most of the stuff that I might need?
                            Please Re-update your Signature

Comment

its called access to qur'anic arabic by abdulwahid hamid, there is a set of a few dif books and also some audios i think (i havent seen the audios). if u google u cn see some reviews of the set to see wat u think insha allah

the pack from edexcel, wen i got it, it contained past papers including tapes for the listening papers, and also vocab list of all the important things, sylabus, list of grammar that u should know... i think thats about it
                              ~ Ibn Atallah

Comment

salaamz i was jsut wndering if anybody else ahd anymore past exam papers for arabic.im ana rabic reacher and lookin for sum past exam papers!

Comment

Working...
                                X