Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• an Idea

salaam bro's and sis's :D

I had an idea I dunno if anyone wants to do it or not but I might aswell tell u anyway :p I was replying it in the what languages do u speak post and it wouldnt lemme reply does ne1 know why that is?

anyway...since some people said they need more motivation for learning, I thought maybe it will help if I post some vocab lists (you can chose the topic if u want) and then once u have a bit of time to learn it, i make a vocab test for you with those words and if u dont do well I come n kick u n say Learn ya arabic!! (well maybe that part is jus for sis ruqayya, she said she wanted that :p )

I dunno how we could do the test, maybe jus make a post n everyone posts the answers in a reply, n I jus trust u not 2 look @ ne1's answers till u did the test (well we're all muslims in here, so noone is gonna b dishonest like that neway rite? :D )

if noone likes the idea I can try and come up wiv a different plan insha allah :D
    .: Rufaida :.
    .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.
    http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h6...th_Silence.jpg
    “People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
    but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.”
    ~ Ibn Atallah

Ramadan Activities for Children
    <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

salaam again...

I made a list. Its jus some basic vocab that I copied out of my excersize book from when I 1st started learning. Might not seem like its on one particular topic but these words are useful cuz the bigger amount of every day vocab u have the better really :D if everyone already knows all these words I'll make a new list insha allah

جريده
    newspaper
    خيمه
    tent
    نهر
    river
    دجاجه
    chicken
    مدرّس
    teacher
    خباز
    baker
    محاسب
    accountant
    ممرضه
    nurse
    مهندس
    engineer
    نجار
    carpenter
    قلم
    pen
    مفتاح
    key
    قميص
    shirt
    كتاب
    book
    كلب
    dog
    حقيبه
    bag
    خاتم
    ring
    بنت
    girl
    نبي
    prophet
    زوج
    husband
    زجاجه
    bottle / glass
    هذا / هذه
    this (masc / fem )
    تين
    figs
    هو / هي
    he / she (or it for masc and fem words respectively)

I put haadha and haadhihi and huwa and hiya in cuz they are basic vocab but if someone needs it explaining I will do insha allah
    ~ Ibn Atallah

<button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

incase anyone needs the engish letters it goes like this

jareeda
      khayma
      nahr
      dajaaja
      mudarris
      khabbaaz
      muHaasib
      mumarriDHa
      muhandis
      najjaar
      qalam
      miftaaH
      kitaab
      qameeS
      kalb
      Haqeeba
      khaatim
      bint
      nabee
      zawj
      zujaaja
      haadha / haadhihi
      huwa / hiya (heeya)
      ~ Ibn Atallah

Comment

I made some sentences with them in aswell incase any one learns better when they see things in context :D

will attach the file insha allah cuz I jus scanned it in (really hope it is readable!)
        Attached Files
        ~ Ibn Atallah

Comment

translation of sentences :)

I read the newspaper
          There is a tent in the campsite
          the river is beautiful
          the chicken is in the farm
          the teacher is very clever
          my dad is a baker
          the accountant is rich
          the pretty nurse helps her
          my brother wants to be an engineer
          whats your job? i'm a carpenter
          i write with the pen
          i open the door with the key
          i read the book
          i wear a red shirt
          the cat is prettier than the dog
          my bag is heavy
          this ring is pretty / beautiful
          I'm a girl and he is a boy
          the door is between the bed and the cupboard
          Muhammad (saws) is the prophet of Allah
          (btw sorry if i spelt salallahu alayhi wasalaam wrong I couldnt think how to spell it!!)
          my sister's husband is called Hussein
          I drink a bottle of juice
          this boy and this girl
          I eat the figs
          He is a muslim and she is a muslima

Doesn't matter if u didn't know every word in the sentences, the test is only on the vocab list. the sentences are just to help insha allah (but if u do have a question on the grammar or something in then u can ask)

also if I made a mistake can someone tell me cuz I dont wanna teach ppl all wrong!!
          ~ Ibn Atallah

Comment

nice idea, jazakllah khair, but it will take me ages to get through that list, i'll be lucky to be able to remeber 2 words a day, but i'll try it inshalla.

Comment

lol oh sorry do you want the list a bit shorter next time?
              well I can make some excersizes for u 2 do using the words which might help them stick in your mind insha allah
              ~ Ibn Atallah

Comment

nice idea sis.

I need someone on my case!
                Please Re-update your Signature

Comment

Originally posted by Ammarah
                  nice idea sis.

I need someone on my case!
                  lol dont worry, I will get on ya case. if ya get less than 100% in the test I beat u up :spunch: nah..jus kidding :D

these r the excersizes i made (in the attachment)
                  Attached Files
                  ~ Ibn Atallah

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Egyptianmuslima
                      I can't read it cuz of my encoding problem!! is the problem with nurse that I didnt put the shadda on? (guessing)
                      ~ Ibn Atallah

Comment

Comment

salaam

oh yeah i see I did the nurse thing wrong in the sentences but its right on the list up there ^
                          ممرضه thats right isnt it?
                          I dont quite understand the difference between helps and makes her happy but I understand the others thanks :)

about helps...ta is there for the female verb, seen ayn and daal for the root letters for the verb help, and haa for the suffix to mean "her" - isnt that right? how are u sposed to say it then?

jazakallahu khayrun for the help :)

btw every1 these r mistakes from the sentences so u can still learn the vocab as usual :p :p
                          ~ Ibn Atallah

Comment

Sigh. I memorised the word for newspaper yesterday. I already forgot it this morning. Subhanallah. O well i see if i can remeber it for tommorow.

Comment

Originally posted by GenN
                              Sigh. I memorised the word for newspaper yesterday. I already forgot it this morning. Subhanallah. O well i see if i can remeber it for tommorow.
                              insha allah u'll remember it, I dunno if this will help but think of what u do wiv a newspaper - read it. what sound is in the middle of jareeda? the word read :p ;)
                              ~ Ibn Atallah

Comment

Working...
                              X