Difference in Mushafs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difference in Mushafs

Why does the Saudi sanctioned Mushafs differ so drastically from the Pakistan published mushafs?

so much so that the 'f' and 'q' are switched around in the script, and the arabic appears with different conventions in vowel signs and script.

this was very disheartening for my wife who has been learning arabic by following the pakistand published mushafs, and recently i brought home a spanish-translation mushafs from Saudi, which has radically different arabic script. she asked me if one is right and the other wrong, or what is the most authentic.

thanxs for your responses in advance.

sounds like warsh akhi
    .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
    نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
    دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

Originally posted by AbuMubarak
      sounds like warsh akhi
      Yep, I agree. That's probably the reason. There are 12 different ways of reading (me thinks) Quran, so the pronunciation of the words might be different (hence, slightly diff spelling), but same word & meaning. I guess you can kinda say that the difference is like the spelling & pronunciation of the words "favorite" (American-style) aka: "favourite" (English-style) or "color" aka: "colour" & Allah knows best.

~Ayah
      Please Re-update your Signature

Comment

yeah, but you dont have changes in spelling, using your examples, from say 'favorite' to 'qavorite'. thats what we discovered, the letter in arabic for 'fah' has been switched in the Saudi mushafs for 'qah'. this is highly irregular, as i am aware of the different recitiations that focus mainly on nunnation, dhamma, fath, etc. vowels you know, but totally changing a whole letter is another story.

for example how could Surah al Fil change from:

Li Illafi Quraysh, Illa fihim rihlitash ****ai wa saif

to:

Li illaqi Furaysh, Illa qihim rihlitash ****ai wa saif

this just doesnt make sense, and i have a feeling that something is rotten in the state of Denmark.

thanxs for your help

Comment

Oh wow! Now that's something. Allahu aalam about why that's like that. I guess you should stick with the one you know is right and maybe burn the other one?

~Ayah

Comment

so, are my wife and i correct in thinking something is definitely wrong with one of them?

the saudi mushafs has the stamp and everything from medina almunawara, and i cant imagine that to be the incorrect one, while the paki published one has arabic script that appears awfully similar to urdu script (i studied urdu a little).

ya Allah!

this has really discouraged my wife, and it broke my heart to see her so disappointed when we analyzed the mushafs closely together. she has such a strong desire to study arabic, even in the middle of mexico! she has been progressing on her own since day one and i am trying to encourage her to press on and relearn to saudi mushafs since its officially sanctioned.

things like these really make me mad and i curse those who distort the Quran.

Jazak Allah for all of your help, may Allah AWJ make it easy for you to seek and find the truth, insha Allah.

Comment

Most of the ones we use in the area I live in have that "saudi stamp" that you're talking about. I never heard about any errors in it, wallahu aalam. I guess you should stick with that one since the other one you have doesn't seem accurate. I want to say (and hope) that it could be a typo in the printing that makes it different since the difference between the qaf and fih is a dot. However, I'm not sure if that's the only difference you found in the 2 mushafs that you have. [FYI: Back in the day actually, during the time of the Rasul (pbuh), there were no dots on anything. So the qaf looked like the fih, the jeem, hah, and kha were the same, etc. However, because the Arabs were so fluent in arabic at the time, they knew what letter was what. That's why there were no dots at the time.]

Maybe you can ask a scholar/Imam who has the Quran memorized to take a look at the mushaf in question & see if they know why it's like that. All I know is that if it truly is "wrong" then it should be burned. And Allah knows best.

~Ayah

Comment

Jazak Allah khayr Sister,

i just checked to make sure. the Saudi Mushafs has for the letter fah, the normal 'f' letter but with one dot underneath it. the letter for 'q' has one dot above it. the Pakistani mushafs has the normal letter for f and q but for f it has one dot, and for q it has two dots, both above the letter.

okay so whats the deal, i dont exactly want to rush off burning Qurans now....

Comment

akhi, pull up one on the internet and verify it
                  .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
                  نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
                  دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

Comment

as salam alykom AbuNajm
                      just to explain, actually what u r complaining about is exactly reason for Saudi Arabia and Egypt to apply such strict rules. Here in Egypt we suffered copies of Quran with misprints, wrong ordered pages and other. (I had to burn Mushafs myself) Now only verified and approved copies by Al Azhar are allowed in book stores. Same thing in Saudi Arabia. I hope I was of any help Insh a Allah

for example how could Surah al Fil change from:

Li Illafi Quraysh, Illa fihim rihlitash ****ai wa saif

to:

Li illaqi Furaysh, Illa qihim rihlitash ****ai wa saif
                      This is Surat Quraysh.
                      Now can u tell me exactly which one belongs to which copy? Simply the first ayah is written correctly, ok. if this may settle your question, Insh aAllah

Comment

Working...
                      X