I want to learn arabic inshallah...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want to learn arabic inshallah...

But dont know where to start, I do know how to read the quran but id like to understand it too, and am hopefully going to move to saudi in a few years inshallah, so yeh i need to learn arabic...

Re: I want to learn arabic inshallah...

are there any courses in your area because that could help to give you some structure in your learning which is quite useful if you dno where to start. if not then i suggest get a book and go through it, because that way you will get some structure too. then u can do extra stuff along side those, but without following anything @ all in a structured way you will get confused and can be hard to keep track of what progress you're making?
    <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

are there any courses in your area because that could help to give you some structure in your learning which is quite useful if you dno where to start. if not then i suggest get a book and go through it, because that way you will get some structure too. then u can do extra stuff along side those, but without following anything @ all in a structured way you will get confused and can be hard to keep track of what progress you're making?
      <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

Originally posted by .: Anna :. View Post
        Salaam sister, i heard of a class in my area but i cant go as i have a 2 year old and 8 month old to look after, so maybe i should get a book, do you recommend any specific books? JKA

Comment

ohh, yeah then it'll be difficult. iA try to set a time wen they are both in bed in evening to study it insha Allah? imo any of these books are okay: madinah arabic series, mastering arabic, teach yourself arabic, gateway to arabic. if you go through any book from front to back and complete everything you will have an okay basis so it just depends on ur preference which course you prefer. also if you wana do one specifically to the quran there are some books like 'arabic through the quran' or 'access to quranic arabic' (that one i think you need the text book and course book)

i would advise to have a look @ the dif books (either in shop or look em up online) and see whichever ones appeal to you. but probably best to follow through one book @ a time rather than get everything and start reading from here and there?

Comment

Originally posted by Naz_786 View Post
            But dont know where to start, I do know how to read the quran but id like to understand it too, and am hopefully going to move to saudi in a few years inshallah, so yeh i need to learn arabic...
            salaam_U_alaikum
            best and easiest way:find an arabic friend(or anyone who knows arabic)
            and start speaking to him/her arabic for 3-6 months ..inshaAllah it will start improving and you can learn more...
            but that will be only speaking arabic(not the fusha(not book one))
            the book one and speaking has little difference
            i also dont know arabic ..little bit ..but i like to speak arabic...its a beautiful language(mashaAllah)....
            so inshaAllah i will speak(no confirmation date..lolz)....

Best way is when one start speaking that language ....

ws
            Aye Allah!
            Meray armanoon ko ek aisi zuban mil jaye
            aur yeh jahan aman ka gulastaan ban jaye

Comment

Sis, i am also trying to learn arabic by myself.

i use this website, its got individual lesson plans etc. imo its quite good for beginners.

http://www.madinaharabic.com/Arabic_...ection_001.htm

also there's an arabic section on here, sister Anna has posted great resources which i often refer to so check it out.

Comment

Have you tried www.arabicpod.net ? It's very good for learning Arabic

Comment

:jkk: for all your replies, very helpful :)

Comment

want to learn Arabic go to the where the language is spoken and you will pick it up in under a year.

Comment

Originally posted by *Naz* View Post
                      Try Rosetta Stone 3...wonderful program

Comment

As'salamu3laikum

I guess the best way is to have a tutor than self studying....:)
                        too much grammar to pick up on ...but that's the fun side...

Ma'salamah
                        [SIZE="4"][FONT="Garamond"][COLOR="SeaGreen"][B][I][CENTER]Abu Hurairah [RadiAllahuAnhu] Reported :
                        I heard the Prophet:saw: saying, 'Man Follows his friend's religion, you should be careful who you take for friends.' [/CENTER][/I][/B][/COLOR][/FONT] [CENTER][/SIZE][COLOR="SeaGreen"][I][At-Tirmidhi and Abu Dawud][/I][/COLOR][/CENTER]

Comment

Salaam alaykum

I am willing to teach Madinah book 1 initially, via Skype using video for whiteboard viewing, or beginner Arabic letters (Nooraania). I am currently studying for a BA in Islamic Studies with Quran Recitation with KIU University based in Saudi Arabia and headed by Shaikh Sudais. My teachers include Bilal Philips in the Aqeedah and Arabic departments and an ijaazah teacher for tajweed.
                          Lessons will be strictly one to one at an affordable price since I will be devoting my time to teach one to one. Lessons haven't started yet but will be willing to give trial lesson free. My blog is found here:

http://madinaarabic.blogspot.com/
                          mukhtar abu suhail

Comment

Originally posted by asher View Post
                            salaam_U_alaikum
                            best and easiest way:find an arabic friend(or anyone who knows arabic)
                            and start speaking to him/her arabic for 3-6 months ..inshaAllah it will start improving and you can learn more...
                            but that will be only speaking arabic(not the fusha(not book one))
                            the book one and speaking has little difference
                            i also dont know arabic ..little bit ..but i like to speak arabic...its a beautiful language(mashaAllah)....
                            so inshaAllah i will speak(no confirmation date..lolz)....

Best way is when one start speaking that language ....

ws
                            Yes, that's right.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                            X