I dont know many out of this topic....
    .: Rufaida :.
    .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.
    http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h6...th_Silence.jpg
    “People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
    but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.”
    ~ Ibn Atallah

Ramadan Activities for Children
    <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Yep, yatahas'san means to get well/better
    Musaab yuj3a al'udhun= Basically means that he has an earache b/c udhun means "ear"
    Musaab bil'isd3a= headache
    Yash'3ur= to feel/he feels, dunno next word :S
    Musaab yuj3a a'dhahr= he has a backache
    Musaab yuj3a al'asnan= his teeth are hurting/aching him
    Yusabib (he caused) blank (ermm.. dunno that middle word) linafsih (for himself)
    dawaa= medicine
    yudakh'khen= he smokes/to smoke
    shideed=hmmm.. if used with a term such as: "al'alam shideed" that would mean= the pain is very strong
    mumarrad= male nurse, yep
    marad= illness, yep

Sorry, not sure about the rest of the words.. I've heard 'em before, but not sure about the exact meaning... Sis Ammarah once posted this website:

http://tarjim.ajeeb.com/ajeeb/default.asp?lang=1

Maybe that'll help with some words you might be uncertain about... Keep on posting though :)

~Ayah
    Please Re-update your Signature

Comment

salaam

thanx :) :D yeah I have used that website b4...but I only can @ college, cuz here my text support is broken so most of the time arabic words wont show up & I am on summer holidays :p but anyway...it doesnt matter if u leave some words, it still fills in most the gaps on my vocab list :D and its much easier than goin thru the dictionary tryna find everythin when half of em arent even in there :p
      ~ Ibn Atallah

<button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

salam

ill just add on to sum which sis Ayah missed..

Hanjarah: throat
        yash'ur bilghathyaan: feels sick (Nausea (sp))
        musaab biwaja' il mi'dah: stomach/tummy ache
        zukaam(sp) : cold/flue

i think those were the ones sis Ayah missed out n if she has already mentioned them..me sorry :$

fiamaanillah
        wasalam

Comment

Jazakallahu sis :D
          ~ Ibn Atallah

Comment

Mi'dah!! I know that word, lol, b/c my likkle sis must complain about it everyday. I just wasn't reading it right and was staring at it saying "huh" wondering what that meant, hehe. Masha Allah @ arab.muslimah :) Keep those words coming anna ;)

~Ayah

Comment

Originally posted by Ayah
              Mi'dah!! I know that word, lol, b/c my likkle sis must complain about it everyday. I just wasn't reading it right and was staring at it saying "huh" wondering what that meant, hehe. Masha Allah @ arab.muslimah :) Keep those words coming anna ;)

~Ayah
              aww lol @ ur lil sis. how old is she? :D
              ~ Ibn Atallah

Comment

Working...
              X