X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• COLLOQUIAL ARABIC Section (enter with care) Oh Classical puris

:start:

COLLOQUIAL ARABIC Section (enter with care) Oh Classical purist

Michel Thomas Method: Arabic Foundation Course (Michel Thomas Series) [Audiobook] (Audio CD)

"Jane Wightwick & Mahmoud Gaafar Again"

:lailah:
    :lahawla:

Amazon ReviewHow beautiful they reviewedSource
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Michel-Thoma...pr_product_top
    Last edited by mazshaz; 30-12-08, 03:24 PM.

PDQ Arabic (Linguaphone Pdq) - How beautiful this is not

PDQ Arabic (Linguaphone Pdq)
    by Jane Wightwick (Author), Mahmoud Gaafar (Author)

Egyptian Colloquial Arabic again?
    Jane Wightwick & Mahmoud Gaafar again?
    Or before as this is old

How beautiful this is notSummary http://www.amazon.co.uk/review/produ...owViewpoints=1

Comment

Comment

Comment

COLLOQUIAL ARABIC BOOK - I asked them if they can reprint it in Modern or Classical

I will let you know the reply?

I very much like your layout of your book. It is well designed and easy to read. Better than a lot of books from the west which try to teach Arabic. I noted that it is Colloquial. I think your format will have a good market if it was also published as Modern Arabic and/or Classical. So you will cater for the needs of everyone who wishers to learn the Beautiful ARABIC Language. I look forward to studying your book and any future project by yourself and your co-authors. Please let me know by email if you also intend to reprint it in Modern Arabic. I look forward to studying your Colloquial Arabic book.

Comment

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Teach-Yourse...pr_product_top
            Last edited by mazshaz; 01-01-09, 01:50 PM.

Comment

Re: Teach Yourself Arabic Conversation for 10 qwid (pound)

personally, speaking arabic myself... i'de advise people who want to learn arabic...
              stick to fus-hah...even though its hard just stick to fus-hah arabic : because:
              1. You'de be able to understand Quran better
              2. which ever Arab country you go to, they will be able to understand you.

also... learning in the eygptian dialect... God help you! i would seriously advise you not to do so.
              the more i learn; the more i learn of my ignorance.
              ~ imam shafi'i

Comment

Comment

Re: reasons

-> i'de be VERY suprised if you did manage to find one! grammer in colloquial arabic?!
                  ~ imam shafi'i

Comment

Re: Teach Yourself Arabic Conversation for 10 qwid (pound)

Originally posted by slmz :) View Post
                    personally, speaking arabic myself... i'de advise people who want to learn arabic...
                    stick to fus-hah...even though its hard just stick to fus-hah arabic : because:
                    1. You'de be able to understand Quran better
                    2. which ever Arab country you go to, they will be able to understand you.

also... learning in the eygptian dialect... God help you! i would seriously advise you not to do so.
                    :jkk:

I don't learn this.

After more than 18 years of fusa I don't intend to leave fusa.
                    I just didn't realize I knew some much of this junk (even though) I don't allow myself or my children to speak like this.
                    Some of this is just tongue in check review.
                    It takes me about 2 days to go through this have it as background listening when I search the net or I put it on to fall asleep.
                    I have know doubt I come across fusa stuff in all this or Modern Arabic so it OK.
                    What I do intend to do is to sort out a minhaj on what people should study and how.

Ie
                    All the best fusa books Arabic only
                    All the best Arabic English books Classical only
                    All the best Arabic English books Modern only
                    All the best children books only
                    And all the worst slang only

Comment

Originally posted by slmz :) View Post
                      -> i'de be VERY suprised if you did manage to find one! grammer in colloquial arabic?!
                      colloquial came about because they didn't bother learning grammar.

If you notice they stop and say (bayt kaber) instead of baytun kaber.

I actually study grammar up to a level than I can correct Arabs that have studied in Middle East Islamic universities so thats not bad. He still correct me as well.

Comment

you dont have to say baytun... bayt kabeer...still has the same meaning.
                        ~ imam shafi'i

Comment

Grammatical correct is

baytun Kabir (a big house)
                          albaytu kabir (the big house)

Raytu baytan kabira (I saw a big house)
                          Raytu (a)lbayta kabira (I saw the big house)

fi baytin kabir (in a big house)
                          fi (a)lbayti kabir (in the big house)

(a) is removed from sentence for flow
                          the bold
                          are the correct grammatcal ending or classical and modern Arabic if people dont speak correctly then at least they should read correctly.

underline with italics
                          is masnswb and this is read in the quran, classical and modern,
                          it is grammatical incorrect to so (sukaran) it should be (sukara)
                          but we all say (sukaran):jkk:
                          if you notice the alif at the end we all generally say (jazkallahkran) but infact it should grammatically be correct (jazkallahra). This is how the Arabic was originally spoken with the correct ending. Most Ulama of Sunnah in a lesson when doing dawa speak like this.
                          Last edited by mazshaz; 01-01-09, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Comment

Re: Grammatical correct is

Originally posted by mazshaz View Post
                              baytun Kabir (a big house)
                              albaytu kabir (the big house)

Raytu baytan kabira (I saw a big house)
                              Raytu (a)lbayta kabira (I saw the big house)

fi baytin kabir (in a big house)
                              fi (a)lbayti kabir (in the big house)
                              sis there is an error here, u need to define the adjectives for these other wise it becomes a sentence not a phrase.eg: al baytu kabeer = "the house is big", not "the big house" whereas al bayt ul kabeer = "the big house" cos there is agreement between noun and adjective.
                              <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X