Free arabic pdf Arabic review

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free arabic pdf Arabic review

I am posting some web sites of some popular Arabic books for free download in PDF and WORD and Audio format. The are more than one web sites as the information can be slightly different with extra personal notes. I may give reviews at times.

Re: Free arabic pdf Arabic review

here are some website with free pdf files in Arabic:-
    http://www.kalamullah.com/learning-arabic.html

It covers the following books:-

The Madinah Books Series
    Arabic Tutor Vol 1-4
    Fundamentals of Classical Arabic
    Al-Arabiyatu Bayna Yadayk
    Hans Wehr Dictionary
    Al-Mawrid Arabic-English Dictionary

The Madinah Books Series
    The Arabic Course for English-Speaking Students is a comprehensive and popular course for the teaching of the Qur’anic and Traditional Arabic, originally devised and taught at the renowned Madinah Islamic University, catering for the non-Arabic speaking students from all over the world. Over the years, this course has enabled students to become competent in their use of the Arabic language and to participate and benefit from scholarly pursuits such as Qur’anic exegeses, hadith, fiqh, sirah, history, and classical and modern Arabic literature. It is concise (consisting of only three books, reasonably short) but extensive in their coverage. It combines modern Arabic vocabulary with Islamic terminology used in the Qur’an and Sunnah. It Helps acquire an understanding of hundreds of Qur’anic verses, ahadith, Arabic parables and poetry." Learning classical Arabic effectively could not be more easier than this course of Madinah Islamic University. A tried and tested course over 40 years with proven track record of success, it is ideal in terms of the topics covered and short time taken to learn. It is suitable for schools and colleges in the UK and other Western English speaking countries.

Tabs:- Grammar, Classical Arabic, English notes, Audio and DVD.

mazshaz Review:-
    It’s as good as they say. This was the first book I studied. I studied these books in Madina under the author student while Abdulreem was the head of the Arabic department. It was the first book I taught. The quickest I taught the first book was 3 weeks for book 1 and about 2 weeks for book 2. That seems enough to know about 85% of the words in the Quran and knowing the rules. Book 3 is harder (especially the last ½ of it) so I recommend a few other books before studying it. I am now intending to teach my children the first book with the book 1, book 2 and book 1 (extension) of Gateway to Arabic books.
    Last edited by mazshaz; 20-12-08, 11:37 AM.

Comment

Arabic Tutor Vol 1-4

“From the Treasures of Arabic Morphology” is a comprehensive book of Ilmus Sarf. Please note that “From the Treasures of Arabic Morphology” has been published by Zamzam publishers of Karachi, Pakistan. (www.zamzampub.com) Anyone requiring a copy may do so by contacting the publishers directly. Although the quality of the print is not very good, it will suffice for the incumbent student who requires a book on Sarf urgently, until a new edition is printed.

• Nahw (Grammar) - Arabic Tutor Vol 1
      • Nahw (Grammar) - Arabic Tutor Vol 2
      • Nahw (Grammar) - Arabic Tutor Vol 3
      • Nahw (Grammar) - Arabic Tutor Vol 4
      • Nahw (Grammar) - Ilmun Nahw
      • Sarf (Morphology) - Treasures of Arabic Morphology

Tabs:- Grammar, Classical Arabic and English explanation of Grammatical Arabic.

Shazmaz Review:-
      These books are good for those who do not know Arabic well and want to study Arabic through a translated language. I came across these books about 6 months ago. I studied Vol 1 (twice), Vol 2 (twice) Vol 3, Vol 4 (half of it) and the Sart. After a while a person needs to study a language in its original(pure) format. I was total bored with the Sarf book but it can be boring. These books maybe good for IGSCE and AS level for revision purposes as it is well summarized and students need to know how to translations for the exams. I think these are about 95% better than a lot of Arabic books in English and cheaper. At the moment there is no Audio CD with these books.

Comment

Fundamentals of Classical Arabic

Fundamentals of Classical Arabic is a series of practical, easy-to-read books that help students learn the difficult subjects of Arabic verb conjugation and grammar. Based on methodologies used by Islamic scholars for centuries, this series focuses on grasping short, understandable principles to steadily build a comprehension of the language. This first volume provides a framework for studying the Arabic language, introduces Arabic word patters, and covers the essentials of conjugating common verb and noun forms. Throughout the book, important concepts are explained in a lucid and concise manner. Tables provide a review of the concepts covered in each lesson, and the accompanying audio compact disc helps students memorize conjugations of common verb and noun patterns.

Tabs:- Verbs, Classical Arabic and English explanation of verbs patterns in Arabic.

I intend to go over it with the Audio this week. It looks good for the basic beginner to learn the verb pattern etc.

Comment

Al-Arabiyatu Bayna Yadayk

This series is designed for the non-Arab speaking, senior level student. With a collection of audiotapes and MP3 CD it helps the student learn Arabic through listening and conversation along with reading and writing. The series stresses communication and also offers glimpses into the Arabic culture, both Islamic and national. Divided into 3 grades, it contains textbooks and workbooks combined in one book. The entire series can be taught intensively in 300 classes (averaging 45 minutes one class,) 100 classes for each grade. If the program is not intensive, it can be taught within a three-year period.

Tabs:- Grammar, Classical Arabic, Speech and Audio.

I first read the first 2 chapters in Riyadh – Saudi without the audio CD when I was at the publisher about 6 months ago. I liked the books at the time but didn’t have enough money to buy them. I found them on this web site and covered the first 10 chapter of the first book with the Audio tapes and I loved it. I am intending to buy the books next time I am there (Inshallah) as reading them on-line is becoming irritating. I will probable teach these to my children with the Medina books i.e. cover Madina (book 1) then Bayna Yadayk (book 1), then Bayna Yadayk (book 2) Madina (book 2) etc. The Madina (book 1) should be covered first for beginners then the Bayan book as it tends to be basic and Bayan book covers speech and verb (past and present) very early. These books have a good Arabic to Arabic dictionary with these books which is brilliant for those who want to think in Arabic rather than know that (albit) means the house.

Comment

Hans Wehr Dictionary and Al-Mawrid Arabic-English Dictionary

I have always used Hans Wehr since studying my 2nd Medina book it not just a dictionary but you learn sarf from it as well that why I never bought Al-Mawrid.

Comment

Originally posted by mazshaz View Post
              I am posting some web sites of some popular Arabic books for free download in PDF and WORD and Audio format. There are number of one web sites (sorry but was up late looking for pdf file in Arabic)until as the information can be slightly different with extra personal notes. I may give reviews at times.

Here are some extra notes (in English) on the Medina books including a glossary of the vocabulary of all there books and answers.

http://abdurrahman.org/arabic/madina-arabic.html

http://www.fatwa-online.com/

http://www.lqtoronto.com/downloads.html

Comment

Saudi Curriculum

http://www.es.gov.sa/index.php

Here is the web site for all the books that Saudis study in their schools. From age 6 – 12 then 13 - 16 and 16-18.

Palestinian Curriculum
                http://www.pcdc.edu.ps/textbooks/index.htm#G1

I haven’t got a hold of them free yet and only read the first level (not Maths or Science) if you and your kids have got the time I recommend these you are learning Arabic like an Arab. There are CD to these with are OK.

Comment

Arabic For Dummies

http://www.hoor-al-ayn.com/rosetta-stone.html

Arabic For Dummies presents the language in the classic, laid-back For Dummies style. Taking a relaxed approach to this difficult language, it’s packed with practice dialogues and communication tips that will have you talking the talk in no time. You’ll get the scoop on: * The Arabic alphabet, pronunciation, basic grammar, and the rules of transliteration * The history of the language and information on classical Arabic and its dialects * How to make small talk and make yourself understood when dining, shopping, or traveling around town * How to communicate on the phone and in business conversations * Handy words and phrases for dealing with money, directions, hotels, transportation, and emergencies * Arabic culture and etiquette, including ten things you should never do in Arabic countries The book also includes an Arabic-English dictionary, verb tables, and an audio CD with dialogues from the book to help you perfect your pronunciation. Written by a native Arabic speaker who helped start a year-round Arabic department at Middlebury College, Arabic For Dummies is just what you need to start making yourself understood in Arabic. Code: TITLE : Arabic For Dummies (paperback+CDROM)

Tabs:- Modern Speech and in English only.

I hate books which have the English transliteration and 300+ pages and you still can’t read Arabic. Yet I went through the Audio CD which can be a benefit if you are doing a GCSE in Arabic (only of benefit for the listening exams paper.

Comment

A New Arabic Grammar of the Written Language (Paperback)
                    by John A. Haywood

http://avaxhome.ws/ebooks/arabic-grammar.html

Product Description--
                    The essential study guide to Arabic grammar -- A true classic in the field. In addition to Qur'an selections, fables, stories, newspaper extracts, letters, and excerpts from classical and modern Arabic writings are included. The book contains 52 chapters with a vocabulary of over 4,000 words. It will serve as a basis for further and deeper study of this classical language and its literature; at the same time it will help to form a good foundation for those who wish to concentrate on the modern written language of literature and the daily press. This is above all a practical grammar. It is meant for the beginner who is not familiar with the peculiarities of the Semetic languages. Nevertheless, it is comprehensive enough for most students' needs in the first two or three years of study.

Tabs:- Grammar, Classical Arabic and English explanation of Grammatical Arabic.

Found this last night. It is recommended by a few for GCSE Classical Arabic. It looks ok but I don’t think I could put up with the PDF format and so much English text. Arabic Tutor is better along with learning Arabic from its pure source (Arabic only books).

Other reviews

http://www.amazon.com/New-Arabic-Gra...9781050&sr=1-1

http://www.amazon.co.uk/New-Arabic-G.../dp/085331585X

Comment

Gateway to Arabic
                      http://www.slideshare.net/moh12/lear...s-presentation
                      (only the book 1)

http://www.greatwaytoarabic.com/

Product Description
                      Gateway to Arabic is a well-structured, progressive course that has been carefully designed to teach Arabic in a non-Arabic-speaking environment to learners from a broad age range. It is highly popular with evening and weekend madrasahs, Muslim schools, as well as with adult learners. As students progress in building up their knowledge of Arabic grammar and vocabulary, they are able to put into practice the skills they have acquired through written exercises, spoken passages of dialogue and comprehension exercises.

Tabs:- Arabic and English explanation mainly for children.

These are nearly in every online islamic book shop. These are very nice for children. I bought the full set with the Audio DVD. I have gone through the Book 1, 2 and extension book 1. The kids are ½ way through book 1. I intend to go though Book 1, 2 and extension book 1 with them. After reading most of book 3 and looking over the rest the main benefit for children’s will be these 3 and then use the Merdina books as the verb section is set out much better in Madina book 2 than the gateway book.

Comment

The Madinah Books Series
                        another web site with extra notes

This is a good web site for resources of Madina book 1 and some of book 2. It is colorful the other web sites used their note as an introduction but this is more revision.

http://www.al-miftaah.net/index.php?...tpage&Itemid=1

Comment

Syrian Colloquial Arabic, a Functional Course

http://www.scribd.com/doc/3875869/Sy...ctional-Course

http://www.syrianarabic.com/

Product Description
                          A 450-page illustrated and fully indexed textbook (digital), accompanied by 180 minutes of authentic recorded conversations, dealing with modern colloquial Arabic as it is spoken in Syria, Lebanon and Jordan, with an emphasis on practical, everyday language useful to the foreign resident.
                          Tabs:- Colloquial Arabic and English explanation with Audio.

I don’t like colloquial Arabic at all. It makes me cringe to read the words but it is nicely set out and it shows what can be done with all the traditional books that are still recommended by the Exam boards, universities colleges and schools. They should be updated or other books recommended in a newer format.

Comment

Focus on Contemporary Arabic
                            http://yalepress.yale.edu/book.asp?isbn=9780300109481

Product Description
                            Focus on Contemporary Arabic is the fifth volume in the Conversations with Native Speakers series, which strives to offer pioneering multimedia language materials to students at the intermediate and advanced levels. These programs consist of a slim, user-friendly student textbook and an accompanying DVD that contains interviews with a variety of native speakers filmed in the target language. These speakers represent all areas of the cultural spectrum, offering a realistic view of the diversity of the native-speaking populations of the target language. The interviews on the DVD broach an assortment of socially and culturally relevant topics and present students of the language with a glimpse into the complexity of both the language and the culture.

Tabs:- Arabic and English explanation with Audio/DVD for speech.

I can not review this. But there is PDF file in Arabic English and English Arabic which at first glance look good for the beginner.

Comment

A really good thread man, jazaakAllaah khayr! :)

Btw, have you seen al-Kitaab al-Asasi? You can check it out (1st volume only) at this link: http://muhammadnur.com/arabic Al-kitab Al-asasi.pdf
                              Last edited by jzcasejz; 21-12-08, 07:09 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X